My 1st and 2nd grows

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Git to supercroppin' them bitches, Gator! Just bend 'em over, you know you wanna do it.

420Gator

420Gator

Git to supercroppin' them bitches, Gator! Just bend 'em over, you know you wanna do it.

Will do, theres only about 4 that are considerably taller, theyre growing faster than i raise the lights actually, like 6-8 inches weekly. I have about another foot before the hoods are touching the ceiling, I may move these ladies in my bedroom. I dont mind sharing with girls that put out:makeup

420Gator

420Gator

upgraded

so i harvested the second half of the 1st room, mainly headbands) and i have to declare that strain the winner as far as potency and yield, the bands are FIRE!!! other strains were blue dream, super skunk, pre 98, mk ultra and a few kushes. anyway sice that grow is done i took the AC and all the fans and combined them with the second grow. I also relocated the grow to the master bedroom, twice the square footage and higher ceilings. These girls better like it because it was a pain in the ass but I had to do it, once a thought enters my head itll replay over and over till i do it. enuff talk for now, back to work:bongsmi:

IMG 0435
S

Seed Buyer

My Blue Dreams are proving to be finicky when it comes to rooting clones. Have you taken Blue Dream clones yet?

420Gator

420Gator

I took three when they were only like ten days into veg. Only one rooted but I used a pair of dull ass scissors lol. And I also just fed them alot of nitro, something else I think is a no no

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My Blue Dreams are proving to be finicky when it comes to rooting clones. Have you taken Blue Dream clones yet?
Sounds like the problems I'm having with The White. Two things I'm doing differently to increase rooting rates--taking two to three times more than what I think I'll need and using H&G Roots Excelurator (sp? I never remember how it's misspelled). RE doesn't guarantee a difficult girl will root, but it seriously increases the odds.

S

Seed Buyer

Been using Roots Excel since it hit the US market about 5yrs ago. I only use it once roots are established. I always hedge my bets and cut extra clones but none of these girls are rooting. Took (100) Shiva cuts, (25) XJ-13 cuts and (25) B Dream cuts 14 days ago. Just transplanted 99 rooted shivas, 23 rooted XJ-13's and 0 fucking B Dreams! What really sucks is I flew 3,000 miles to San Fran to buy Blue Dream cuts to add to my harem!

sdog

sdog

sorry to here about your blue dream success rate but i have been making hundreds of bd clones for the last three years and have had a 95% success rate. this strain does good in rapid rooters with strictly r/o water, they finish in about 16 to 17 days

S

Seed Buyer

Thanks sdog...I love rapid rooters and ro as well. I got these clones from Harborside and wander if maybe they are inferior genetics and that might be the root cause (pun intended)! I also got XJ-13 and OG Kush from them. The XJ-13 roots easy and OG is pretty stubborn as well. Gonna cut another 40 or so B Dream next week. If this second batch of B Dream cuts doesn't root I am going to toss the mothers and catch another flight to the bay to get more clones I guess.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a friend who grows, or at least last year was growing a lot of Blue Dream. Sent me a sample, it was very good. So many trichs that when you handled the buds your fingers were left with a sandy feeling. Nice high, too. Not so special that I'll add her to my stable though.
Been using Roots Excel since it hit the US market about 5yrs ago. I only use it once roots are established. I always hedge my bets and cut extra clones but none of these girls are rooting. Took (100) Shiva cuts, (25) XJ-13 cuts and (25) B Dream cuts 14 days ago. Just transplanted 99 rooted shivas, 23 rooted XJ-13's and 0 fucking B Dreams! What really sucks is I flew 3,000 miles to San Fran to buy Blue Dream cuts to add to my harem!
Not Humboldt Nutrients Roots Excel, H&G Roots Excelurator. Different beast. I've tried both and much prefer the H&G. Use it from the start.

I've just done a whole bunch of cuts and am having problems with a cross a friend of mine gave me, and I'm fairly certain that the troubles I'm having have to do with the quality of the stems. I find I get a better success rate using smaller diameter/softer stems, from low(er) down on the plant, and using the tips or near the tips.

devious d

devious d

Softer stems always seem to get better success rate, h&g root excell is the dogs nuts, but only once rooted especially in an areo, dip mine in superthrive then in soaked block. Anyway fine looking ladies better than my first 2 runs many moons ago,should be well proud

S

Seed Buyer

I was referring to the H & G roots, not the Humboldt. In my opinion Humboldt Nutrients is just another company w/ flashy labels cashing in on the term "Humboldt". Stems taken from lower on the plant tend to root quicker because this is were the plant stores most of its carbohydrates. Therefore these lower stems have a higher carb to nitrogen ration as opposed to the tops of the plants making them strike roots quicker. I always feed my mothers carbs throughout their life span. A few of my B. Dreams rooted this morning and were transplanted but I see where they are going to take a little more TLC in the future. Sorry to jack your thread Gator420.

420Gator

420Gator

I have a friend who grows, or at least last year was growing a lot of Blue Dream. Sent me a sample, it was very good. So many trichs that when you handled the buds your fingers were left with a sandy feeling. Nice high, too. Not so special that I'll add her to my stable though.

This is the last time ill fill a room with these, i absolutely love the stain but Im going with the headbands from now on. Ill start a personal grow soon and Ill always have a place for a dream, theyve just become too common out here, plus the bands are so much easier to trim lol the dreams have ALOT of leaves

S

Seed Buyer

That's crazy. I have friends growing the Dream and they say 8-9 weeks bloom and pretty easy to trim. I choose it because it was supposed to be easy to trim! Ah snap! Gonna have to reevaluate my plans.

C

cheyenne

My balls are what got me 8 1ks blastin before ive ever dried a single bud lol. You are correct seamaiden and im usually not the over cautious type at all, in fact im usually wreckless but the fact of the matter is i put myself in a situation where its yield or die so ill deal with the overcrowding for now. I was also thinking of dropping some bushmaster on theses tonite....if anyone has experience with the product and the strain id love to get some advice

I like this guy!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:) Tis alright in my book, too.
This is the last time ill fill a room with these, i absolutely love the stain but Im going with the headbands from now on. Ill start a personal grow soon and Ill always have a place for a dream, theyve just become too common out here, plus the bands are so much easier to trim lol the dreams have ALOT of leaves
He's a dispensary supplier, and as I understand it he dropped the Dream from his stable as well. Tried out some Meltdown, sent me a sample, which I indeed liked. But he grows really good meds no matter what.

420Gator

420Gator

6th week/halfway

these ladies are looking beautiful.The last pic is of one of the runts, on the same feeding schedule as the big ones. Also I tried to calibrate my hanna instruments grocheck combo last nite and the ppm side is bottoming out at 1620 when the solution is 1500 if anyone has any ideas..

DSCF5755
DSCF5756
DSCF5759
DSCF5765
DSCF5767
DSCF5777
DSCF5778
DSCF5784
DSCF5785
Top Bottom