My $200.00 NFT Rain Gutter system

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Really enjoy your stoner ingenuity! Great job.

outwest

shoestring

shoestring

These raingutter nft systems were very very popular in the 1990's. High Times magazine came out with several articles on some do it yourself NFT raingutter systems. Lots of growers used this very system and its variations successfully back in the day. I know i did. It was cheap too. A trip to home depot and.your done. This.was when wal mart actually sold Little Giant submersible pumps. Very nice canappa. Gets me misty for the golden 1990's!!!!!

Last edited:
Canappa

Canappa

These raingutter nft systems were very very popular in the 1990's. High Times magazine came out with several articles on some do it yourself NFT raingutter systems. Lots of growers used this very system and its variations successfully back in the day. I know i did. It was cheap too. A trip to home depot and.your done. This.was when wal mart actually sold Little Giant submersible pumps. Very nice canappa. Gets me misty for the golden 1990's!!!!!

Yeh bro thanks for stopping by! I started this in the 90's and have not stopped. I love the nft system simple easy and cheap are the key words. My current system is doing great the only problem I am having now is the condensation on the gutters the water is 62degrees and room temps reaching 80 creates condensation on the plastic gutters that are constantly dripping water on to the floor. Still working on a way to solve this problem, other than that she is doing well. Peace bro

shoestring

shoestring

62 degree solution is such a big key factor in growing nft or dwc or aero successfully. I also liked how back in the day i had to only dispose of small rockwool blocks. Very simple. One of these days iam gonna pull out my ole trusty gutters and.do up another nft. For a long.time i would not grow with any other hydroponic method.

Canappa

Canappa

Its been a min since I update this one, but what can I say the nft/gutter system is working better than planed. I been running it too to the max over grow plants no rez change, no filter on the pump, running 24/7, at cold temps and its just to see if she will fail. So far its holding up. the hardest part is filling the rez with 10 gal of water everyday.
With my next set up I plan to have the jets spray inside the gutters rather than on top. and adding more jets, I am also going to split the system and add another pump so each pump will supply two gutters and each pump will have its own rez so I can run different nutes in each. The system is running on about 8psi I want to double that so it creates more of a fine mist. but the biggest improvement I am going to do an external tank in another room something around 200 gal should keep her running with out me having to add water everyday. Then all I have to do is add the nutes. Its as simple as it can get with the gutter system.

Current grow at 4wks
DSCF5572

WP 20140622 18 55 46 Smart

Canappa

Canappa

The first run with the new design of my nft/aeroflow jet gutters was a complete success. I ran the sump pump 3 months running 24/7 without a filter to see if she would clogged the jets or if the pump would fail. I did have a few minor leaks that will be addressed in the next build. The stalks where huge and roots grew in really good. The system makes these girls run like if the were on Turbo grow mode, the last run I let them veg too long but still had great results. Here is the a pics of the room after harvest took only a few hrs to tear down and clean up. Starting the build of my new set up in a new room this weekend
DSCF5729

DSCF5730

DSCF5735

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Im going to be building an NFT w/sprayers soon as well :) (use up some unused space) Might be a few weeks, but I'll post pics (if you don't mind). I think im going to be using 5x5 vinyl fence posts, instead of gutters tho. Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Yeah, I'm always growing a few SRG strains ;)

Last edited:
Canappa

Canappa

Sneak peak :snaphappy:at the new 24 site nft/areoflow with 10' gutters instead of the 8' that I normally been running . Dont mind the dirty rez its just for testing lol. I made I made lots of changes this time, think it my last for a while or until I think of something else..
DSCF5817

Trich king

Trich king

Looking good, I like the changes I see. That loompa gear should do pretty damn goood in there!

Canappa

Canappa

Im going to be building an NFT w/sprayers soon as well :) (use up some unused space) Might be a few weeks, but I'll post pics (if you don't mind). I think im going to be using 5x5 vinyl fence posts, instead of gutters tho. Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Yeah, I'm always growing a few SRG strains ;)

Post those pics:snaphappy: anytime, Like to see you set up bro

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Nice! Very similar to what I have in mind. I'll post pics when shes built :) Keeping an eye on this one ;)

Canappa

Canappa

After many years in building many types of nft gutter set ups, I have to admit this is the best. I drew this up on some paper a few months back and now here it is,running better than any set up I had in the past.

DSCF7009

DSCF7011
DSCF7011

DSCF7008

DSCF7014
DSCF7014

DSCF7017

DSCF7016

DSCF7020

DSCF7022

stonestacker

stonestacker

Looks killer Canappa, ompas gear will be happy happy in their new home. You going to run your homemade chiller on this?
I love simple.

Canappa

Canappa

Looks killer Canappa, ompas gear will be happy happy in their new home. You going to run your homemade chiller on this?
I love simple.

I am going to try something different this time, I broke my DIY chiller when I moved it this last time. So my ideal is to put a fan at end of the gutters to blow air down it, while its spraying water. should be able to keep the temps in the low 70,s . right now she is at 73degrees if I can keep the room temps down the water temps will stay low. but if not I will build another chiller.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

WOW that looks clean! Just curious - what's the purpose of the pvc between the res? Weren't you wanting to keep the rezzies seperate? And also, what are you using to keep that top gutter bolted on?

Can't wait to see this setup crush!

Canappa

Canappa

WOW that looks clean! Just curious - what's the purpose of the pvc between the res? Weren't you wanting to keep the rezzies seperate? And also, what are you using to keep that top gutter bolted on?

Can't wait to see this setup crush!

The purpose for the pvc pipe is to allow water to transfer water from the right tank to the left tank where the pump is . I was going to run two pumps and keep it seperate but I wanted to keep the cost down and the single pump provides great pressure for all 28jets. The gutter is bolted on with 5/16 nut and bolts running along the sides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom