My 2023 New York outdoor grow

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Didn’t you just juggle things around and move a few outside to make room for four ladies heading to veg? 🤣👍

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well. Ive been sitting here for the last 30 minutes trying to figure some stuff out.

I want to start hardening off my plants probably for outside around the 15th or 18th of this month.

My issue is i dont want to bring unwanted bugs/fungus inside with me as one of my outdoor plants are in with a few other plants as you can see here.
20230506 090757

What are the chances this big plant in the back left corner would even care i put her outside and left her there?
@TSD @CannaGranny @GNick55

What are your thoughts?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well. Ive been sitting here for the last 30 minutes trying to figure some stuff out.

I want to start hardening off my plants probably for outside around the 15th or 18th of this month.

My issue is i dont want to bring unwanted bugs/fungus inside with me as one of my outdoor plants are in with a few other plants as you can see here. View attachment 1977253

What are the chances this big plant in the back left corner would even care i put her outside and left her there?
@TSD @CannaGranny @GNick55

What are your thoughts?
honestly i’ve never harden off as they call it, i just take the plant out and plant it..
too early yet, about 2 weeks to go..

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I’m with Nick on this one. If you’re still out there Gnick, whatever happened to your golf course plants?
I really feel like i was just overthinking it. I never harden off my garden plants. I either buy them at a greenhouse or start them in my tents, and i just put them in the garden and leave them there.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Is there an overnight minimum temperature recommendation?

The gardeners in my area say 50F. So far, we're in the high 40s. I put out tomatoes and peppers already and they seem okay.

flowerdave

flowerdave

Brought them out late yesterday afternoon, left them overnight, and they are just sucking up some rays this morning, loving life.
Mine have been sitting out in the greenhouse for a couple weeks. Its not heated so they have seen 37 to 85 and are getting a couple hours of supplemental light. Still a couple weeks off until into the ground. One more top to get done this week.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Mine have been sitting out in the greenhouse for a couple weeks. Its not heated so they have seen 37 to 85 and are getting a couple hours of supplemental light. Still a couple weeks off until into the ground. One more top to get done this week.
Yeah i was going to do holes, but every place ive tried, i get 8-10 inches in before i hit bedrock.... it sucks. So now i have to rethink it all.

Prolly 2-15 gallon pots and a 30 gallon pot.

Top Bottom