My 2023 New York outdoor grow

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Yeah i was going to get some fast versions this year but never got around to it.

Any that you would recommend?
Honestly when I found out how they made fast versions I made my own. I made a blueberry autoflower x candy kush reg and I have a candy kush auto x blue dream and a zkittlez autoflower x blue dream.
They get big for auto's like really big🤯

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I can't grow out side here, some do but I've never tried their weed. Last year I think we could of had a finish but we usually have cold foggy damp for days on end where moisture doesn't dry off and on large buds is just a disaster waiting to happen......

I can grow outside I just can't count on what I grow to be smokeable. I've had tears from crops I counted on....never again...indoor only...I may play with one outside this year but just for fun to see how big I can get it.........

I've a GG still in a 3/4 gal pot 3 months old still in veg I may stick her outside in 3 more months when the weather picks up if she's still alive....
Yeah we usually have real heavy fog/dew every morning untik about 11 so i have to fight that fight too.
Im just doing it to see if i can, ill clone everything before it goes outside so i can grow it inside too.

I started a GSC in january for outside, shes in a 7 gallon pot now.

TSD

TSD

I can't grow out side here, some do but I've never tried their weed. Last year I think we could of had a finish but we usually have cold foggy damp for days on end where moisture doesn't dry off and on large buds is just a disaster waiting to happen......

I can grow outside I just can't count on what I grow to be smokeable. I've had tears from crops I counted on....never again...indoor only...I may play with one outside this year but just for fun to see how big I can get it.........

I've a GG still in a 3/4 gal pot 3 months old still in veg I may stick her outside in 3 more months when the weather picks up if she's still alive....
Leaf blower, every morning and after every rain... I'm 100% that asshole now.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah we usually have real heavy fog/dew every morning untik about 11 so i have to fight that fight too.
Im just doing it to see if i can, ill clone everything before it goes outside so i can grow it inside too.

I really think auto's are the best bet for our weather, Starting in June they'll at least finish befor the crap weather hits

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I know I have noticed outside all my plants in the ground had zero pm issues and less pest pressure. I don't know why but it was a big surprise to me. So I guess I need to add native soil to my soil mixes

TSD

TSD

What do you cover them with? Tarps, blankets, burlap?

This honestly never crossed my mind last year until i had frost damage already so i didnt bother.
Whatever I have handy to be honest. Usually blankets then tarps/plastic/emergency blankets on top. If you put the tarps first, all the moisture from the plants transpiring condenses and falls, soaking the plants, if you do blankets or sheets then tarps, the fabric holds most of that moisture and they stay mostly dry. I still give them a blow out after I uncover them... and you don't want direct contact with the buds if it can be avoided. Look at this hillbilly shit... clothesline and pins, tiki torches, tent poles... fuckin MacGyver deluxe bhuuud.
20221002 192142
20221002 192132

The black cherry I had to do plastic and just dry her in the morning, she was just too big. I think I added some sheets the next time, but she was still wetter than I like... but not frozen. That's my blanket fort before adding the plastic.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Whatever I have handy to be honest. Usually blankets then tarps/plastic/emergency blankets on top. If you put the tarps first, all the moisture from the plants transpiring condenses and falls, soaking the plants, if you do blankets or sheets then tarps, the fabric holds most of that moisture and they stay mostly dry. I still give them a blow out after I uncover them... and you don't want direct contact with the buds if it can be avoided. Look at this hillbilly shit... clothesline and pins, tiki torches, tent poles... fuckin MacGyver deluxe bhuuud. View attachment 1340086View attachment 1340087
The black cherry I had to do plastic and just dry her in the morning, she was just too big. I think I added some sheets the next time, but she was still wetter than I like... but not frozen. That's my blanket fort before adding the plastic.
Gonna have to get some big blankets and tarps lol. I kinda figured the plastic wouldnt be a great idea especially in flower.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I really think auto's are the best bet for our weather, Starting in June they'll at least finish befor the crap weather hits
I have to see how many autos i have left but ill be running most, if not all of them outside this summer. Pretty over the autos for anything but outside grows cause they just dont make me happy inside lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I wanna start 4 or 5 more seeds for outside but idk what to pop.

Ive got green crack and lsd already sprouted, and gsc is weeks into veg already.

So that only leaves me with Chemdog, 00 skunk, and bubblegum. So i guess im only starting 3. Thought i had more strains here 😞

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I also have
5 bruce banner autos, 5 gold leaf autos, and 5 blueberry autos that will be getting started when i put the photos outside so now im thinking just start 1 more seed and run 15 autos and 5 photos for a total of 20 plants. 🤔🤔

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Been debating starting these for a week or so now.
@Zen_Seeker sent down a few beans for me to try out. Figure ill pop 2 for the outdoor grow.
20230412 124734

Everyone else is looking great today.
20230412 124949

Under shot of the GSC, shes getting pretty thick
20230412 072808

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You said these were made outdoors right? I cant rememeber. 🤦🏻‍♂️
My buddies BF only grows outdoors. He’s been doing it as long as I’ve known him. Seeds are no more than a year old.

Don’t know if you saw my old seed pics but you’ve seen the clones just rooting in water. Hardy plants.

Would be nice to see one growing outdoors with a professional 🤣 know one?

Top Bottom