my baby seedling is sick

• Thread starter newgrower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

a pH of 6.08 is a bit low, try to get your run off between 6.4-6.8 is what i would suggest. havent read all the posts but if you are in soil and watering with RO, add some Cal-Mag, those orange spots are calcium deficiency.

do you see any pests??? thrips, among other pests, can make your leaves curl too.
good luck!
Looks like calcium deficiency to me two.

Supergoo

Supergoo

Weird, deff could be some sort of pest you have. Maybe a good wash with h202 or some ogbiowar microbes would do the trick in perking then back in shape. But you should do it sooner than later because pest problems only get worse.

SG

N

newgrower420

I'm getting some Humboldt micro to help with the cal mag today I did add a some h202 to the last gallon in case it was pests I haven't personally seen any pest though the temperature in the box is safe though right? I was told that the leaf curl was caused by something called leaf phyllotaxy which kinda looks to be that issue but that it would grow out of that eventually I'm gonna to get some blackstrap molasses to add a little with the micro see if that helps any. Should I do a foliar spray as well? And should I add some more h202. What can I find as a quick fix for changing the the ph of my water, baking soda works as a ph up correct?,I can't use tap water here because town water is very high in iron.

N

newgrower420

I do have a refrigerator with water filter but Idk how well it actually purifies the water, but I've been using Poland spring distilled water which is at 7 ph b4 nutes

Supergoo

Supergoo

Yes Your temps are fine. Anything in the 70s is preferable. Low 80 during daytime with lights on is just fine too IMHO. Pests can be pretty hard to see but microbes and h202 should take care of them within a day or two. Do you happen to know the humidity? Also I've never done a foliar spray myself, I've heard good and bad opinions on it so I can't really say if it would help or hurt however I personally don't think you would get any added benefit over just adding it to your feed. As for the tips, they look a little burnt not really rusty but that's just what I can tell from the pics. Go to Walmart and buy a hygrometer for your humidity should cost about $5. I don't have any exp in soil as I'm a coco grower but from my exp r/o water from Walgreens/CBS/daune reade, is always 7ph 6.5 after nutes, which should be fine. Baking soda I don't know I've never used, but I imagine it would be a quick fix for ph up. Not positive somebody much more knowledgeable hope will chime in on that. Don't worry to much brotha looks like your on the right track to identifying and fixing your problem. And you'll be better for having learned it first hand! Good luck, I look forward to seeing how this turns out!!!

SG

N

newgrower420

Thanks just my first attended grow I had one unattended that went fine outdoors in a sand dirt mix by a local river

N

newgrower420

Would a small fan help cool it down some in there I seen a few 4 inch fans that could fit in there I believe

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

I agree that temps seem fine if they are only getting to 82, yes they could be a little lower but not super critical.

As someone who grows soil and used to use FFOF, its hot stuff and does bad things to babies. I don't think adding perlite will help with much besides drainage. If you want to stick with Fox Farm then use a mix of about 50-60% Ocean Forest and 40-50% Happy Frog. Add in a little perlite if you like but that happy frog really balances out the ocean forest. Good luck.

N

newgrower420

Is there a specific type of happy frog soil not sure if they make other soils like foxfarm I only initially went with it after reading it was good to later find out it had lots of problems so if there's something better to use without having to mix other shit in I still plan on using nutes ofc but I'm open to new soil options and if anyone knows a good led I could fit in my box it's like 11 3'4 inch in width on the inside and 5 3/4 in deep

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

It's just called Happy Frog from Fox Farms, usually carried right next to the Ocean Forest. Those two mixed will work, Roots Organic is another good brand but pretty expensive in my opinion. Many others out there. As for what soil to use to then add nutes to I am not sure. I am a water only grower so I mix extra stuff into the soil and then never use the nutes.

Happy Frog
Ocean Forest

S

ssteely71

I'm getting some Humboldt micro to help with the cal mag today I did add a some h202 to the last gallon in case it was pests I haven't personally seen any pest though the temperature in the box is safe though right? I was told that the leaf curl was caused by something called leaf phyllotaxy which kinda looks to be that issue but that it would grow out of that eventually I'm gonna to get some blackstrap molasses to add a little with the micro see if that helps any. Should I do a foliar spray as well? And should I add some more h202. What can I find as a quick fix for changing the the ph of my water, baking soda works as a ph up correct?,I can't use tap water here because town water is very high in iron.

This is too much for a seedling friend. Your soil has too much nutes in it as it is for your plants age. Adding more is going to complicate the issue further. Leave her alone, water with plain water when it gets dry. Recovery wil happen if your not baking the lady with high temps. Best of luck.

N

newgrower420

But any help with a good full spectrum led I can fit in there I just think I'm going to have to find a better premade grow box or take the risk constructing a new one and someone noticing.

N

newgrower420

Any input on a led that would fit? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Supergoo

Supergoo

That led wont fit, 10in diameter just means that if you were to measure across it no matter what end of the circle you start at it will be 10in long.
you might want to consider getting a bigger box, not that its impossible because its totally doable, but you will be massively cramped in there once that things starts to branch out. Im not sure if you 12/12 from seed or if your still vegging but based on strain your going to want to get a bigger box. Are you doing a stealth grow or is room an issue? I can point you in the right direction if you have just a tad bit more room to work with and dont mind shelling out an extra 150-200. Believe me it will be totally worth it. Ill post a link below to my cheap box micro grow. Those were my first 2 plants. I have about 30-35 under my belt now, all coco, some under hps, some under led, and some done with cfl.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/under-350-micro-grow-journal-complete-with-pics.63763/

N

newgrower420

The strain card says short and stout but haven't seen any height growth since week 1 but I will take updated pics for the day and post them she's still gaining leaf growth just no height she is an auto flower from emerald triangle Correct that I believe, she's actually gained some heigth today. And here's some pictures, what is that stem discoloration is that normal?

Last edited:
N

newgrower420

I don't mind but I need something for stealth I'm in my parents house they know I smoke but not about this. I thought about a tent but I need to be able to hide it in a closet and someone not questioning what it is if they see it. This one I have leaks light already so if it gets seen I'm already going to have some explaining to do but I basically have a 2-3 ft area in my closet where I can hide something with a 2 1/2 foot area of height but I spent 200$ on this already for just the box and I've been disappointed I feel like I could have bought a bigger cabinet from home depot and modified it if I could have gotten away with that here and not being asked what I was doing. She is still vegging I was going to switch the bulbs out tn at lights out

Last edited:
N

newgrower420

Is there any 3 ft by 2 ft by 3 ft grow tents? Or what would be the required height for auto flower plants because I'd like to do more then one but old box is only big enough for 1 or if that as u guys are saying but I have money to spend on a new area just kinda pissed at myself for wasting money. So li ks to good grow tents or lights to use with the tents would be greatly appreciated I'd like to order asap

Last edited:
Supergoo

Supergoo

Yes there are every size imaginable tents. I highly recommend them over the box, by a long shot, imoe. honestly with an untrained auto, in a 1 gal pot, 2 1/2 is solid hieght, however that thing well get bushy and will stress your bud sites when it starts to flower so if you plan on keeping the box you might have to do some upward/inward training. Is there absolutley no way you can go like 4ft+

SG

Top Bottom