MY BREAKING BAD MOMENT

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
So I'm still trying to get my head around this. You need to exchange the air at night only to get more oxygen. Or both day and night to keep it fresh?

i dont think its to get more oxygen, I think(non scientific guess) that the air is stale or something else beside c02 or oxygen is building up causing problems.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I don't think it is "stale air" issue. I run completely sealed rooms which only get their CO2 from tanks or from burners with no issues. Could it be a toxicity?? Like latent fumes from the paint? Are you running a carbon scrubber in the room? I have seen plants look like this when someone used paint which offgassed .. this can also be true of your pond liner. Many pond liners just like the original grow tents which used Poly had offgassing issues, I'd put money on the paint or pond liner. There are way too many people running closed rooms with ONLY CO2 .... true getting "fresh air" will help.. but so would a big 12in inline fan and activated carbon filter which would neutralize some of the toxic offgassing without wasting your CO2.

I used non-VOC paint, my pond liner is the epdm one used for fishes that are very sensitive to their enviorement. i have a 12 inch inline/scrubber that i run sometimes. Ima try and run the carbon filter throughout the day and see if that helps.
funny thing my veg room is built jus like my flower room but has no issues like this???

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I dont agree with your statement about paint or off gassing correlating to co2. Ive ran into the problem with none.of those problems. My.problem was my room was so priperly built and sealed the co2 built up at night. It happens @HerbieHaze

my co2 has been off for a few days now and still shows 1200ppm. right before I unplugged it it was showing 400ppm, kinda wierd. Ima take it down and take it back mabe its defective. I wish i had a handheld co2 meter

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
How does co2 building up at night harm the plants? I've noticed that I can see peaks at night of 1600-2500 ppm, I've noticed that after a nice drench of a Tea, the co2 levels seemed to peak and I've always attributed that to the soil doing it's thing, and/or being healthy.

In my veg room, I run it sealed, no air in no air out and I don't supplement with co2 either, and it doesn't skip a beat. Pond liner floor and kilz primer with paint on top. I have a co2 monitor in the room just to check levels and it seems to hover at 400-600, and when I work in the room, it can peak at 1500+.

I've never vented any of my sealed rooms at night and I run co2 tanks. Now I have had major problems with propane burners and

not burning properly.

I'm very curious about this and the importance of venting at night, even if it's just for a little while.

me 2 @Billyboat , i was gonna ask u if u vent at night, know i now. im wondering if I dont have enough air movement, so ive also added another 20inch wall fan on the floor blowing straight up i already have 3 on the walls and in running my 12 inch inline throughout the day cycle now. im thinking it has to do with stale air after reading @Janus comment in @gettogro new thread. Janus hasnt been around in a while but dude can grow the shit outta some trees, i think janus was @Jalisco Kid protégé or client but either way dude has a wealth of knowledge. mabe he can jump in here.
I think having such high cielings might have something to do with it and needing more air movement.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I was at the room today and plants are doing much better, they are filling out noticeably from 2 days ago. new shoots remain green, fans are still yellow b ut all new growth looks great! I foliar feed with sea green and fullpower again, in a couple days ill need cal25 and caps bennies. Thinmgs are lookin up :)I was gonna take pixs but the lights came on to quik soooooooooo, below are pixs of my 4k room at day 9:
IMG 1213
IMG 1214
IMG 1215
IMG 1216

confu

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Humidity can effect them pretty good. Just had the same problem with locking up after I moved them to the flower room. 30% and they got pissed! Hooked up the Huey and this morning they were already looking happier. Killer work bro loving the updates!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Interesting topic as I'm / was having some similar issue in my room a few weeks ago and the only thing I have been doing different to remedy the situation is flowering with the door open into veg .
All except 1 plant are now perfectly healthy , had a feeling it had something to do with stale air but still not sure , curious to see this topic play out
There is just something about no air exchange that I can't get a handle on but it's much safer for me. The only difference with the door open is humidity ? It's 40-60 open and climbing in the 70-80s closed . Which is another variable I am kinda unsure about as my suggested vpd should be 65 but I prefer high dark period and 55/60 lights on
@Confuten1 are you running that lad in there this run curios to see her perform again

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I like around 60% or a little higher in veg/early bloom then around 50% after week 4-5. I dried everything at 45% or lower this last round and it really brought out the dank smells.;)

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Humidity can effect them pretty good. Just had the same problem with locking up after I moved them to the flower room. 30% and they got pissed! Hooked up the Huey and this morning they were already looking happier. Killer work bro loving the updates!

yea man pretty sure that low humidity and lack of air movement were the catalast of my problems at first, now that they are getting good air movement and propper humidity, looking super happy.
confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Interesting topic as I'm / was having some similar issue in my room a few weeks ago and the only thing I have been doing different to remedy the situation is flowering with the door open into veg .
All except 1 plant are now perfectly healthy , had a feeling it had something to do with stale air but still not sure , curious to see this topic play out
There is just something about no air exchange that I can't get a handle on but it's much safer for me. The only difference with the door open is humidity ? It's 40-60 open and climbing in the 70-80s closed . Which is another variable I am kinda unsure about as my suggested vpd should be 65 but I prefer high dark period and 55/60 lights on
@Confuten1 are you running that lad in there this run curios to see her perform again

Ive never had an issue because humidity was to high but it seems to low will definitely fuck with the plants. That and stale air seemed to be the issue I was having because now that I have 3 20 inch wall fans(had this all along) 1 20 inch fan pointed up frm the floor, a 12inch inline fan running a scrubber during lights on, and a 12 inch inline on the floor point horizontal from on side of the room to the other(24hrs a day) plants look stealer, only problem i see now is a lil wind damage on some of the plants.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I like around 60% or a little higher in veg/early bloom then around 50% after week 4-5. I dried everything at 45% or lower this last round and it really brought out the dank smells.;)
I try n keep my humidity at 50-55 when drying, lower than that and ive noticed they dry to fast and it impacts smell and flavor in a negitive way, jus my experiences.

confu

soserthc1

soserthc1

Yea high humidity is fine as long as you don't mind a damp wall here and there. I actually like the plants when humidity is high they seem super happy. At my old spot I had constant air flow in and out and a steady hum at 55-65 and plants were always great. It's been a leaning curve with the sealed room but I seem to be coasting now so knock on wood , I hope it stays that way for us both :) Glad your good as I know your needing a crop bad to fund this room .....

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Yea high humidity is fine as long as you don't mind a damp wall here and there. I actually like the plants when humidity is high they seem super happy. At my old spot I had constant air flow in and out and a steady hum at 55-65 and plants were always great. It's been a leaning curve with the sealed room but I seem to be coasting now so knock on wood , I hope it stays that way for us both :) Glad your good as I know your needing a crop bad to fund this room .....

same exact thing with me bro, my 4k room stays at 55-65rh lights on with exchanged air, this new room is sealed and learning curve is in full effect. gald to hear ur coasting now.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
the 4k room at day day 18, stripped half of the plants lower legs, gotta do the other half in a couple days. Got GSC fourm, GSCxDUBOG, WIFI, WIFI #something special, abusiveOG, and OG
IMG 1252
IMG 1253
IMG 1254
IMG 1256

confu

IMG 1258
IMG 1259
Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Awesome thread @Confuten1 !! looks like ur hand watering those girls, i know how much work goes into that! moving pots around to create aisles and what not.. Much luck with your new project, even though to me it looks like you dont need luck! keep killing it man, glad you got the chance to step up ur game to a much bigger project. Im rootin for ya!

+++vibes
Sküna

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
The stretch be on.
Yes sir, almost done tho. Luckily I still have room height, normally I overgrown them.

Looking like there in there sweet zone @Confuten1 great job their filling nicely!:D
They're pretty happy so I'm happy. Thnx for checkin in

Awesome thread @Confuten1 !! looks like ur hand watering those girls, i know how much work goes into that! moving pots around to create aisles and what not.. Much luck with your new project, even though to me it looks like you dont need luck! keep killing it man, glad you got the chance to step up ur game to a much bigger project. Im rootin for ya!

+++vibes
Sküna

Yea man hand water, I have a wand and a pic pipe attached to it so I can reach around but I still have to move a few big plants by the door. I can't wait to set up fertigAton.

Confu

Top Bottom