My Canna-Log..A small and simple indoor grow

• Thread starter Don Peppy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I fucked around and pulled out the glass of my hoods....big mistake. Found out real fast ya cant grow 6ft trees under thouies with an 8ft ceiling lol. The best growers are the ones that deal with the issues thrown at us and keep bouncing back brother. That fruitylicious looks tasty bro....cant wait to see the next round! MGG

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Thanks farmers. Well the heat battle wages on. I have some weapons stock piled,and getting the vent hook up to the roof. I can't be more happy, not having to blow that hot air into my attic in the winter months. If your doing that, I would recommend venting it elsewhere. It causes the snow to melt way to fast on the roof, and it all freezes back up at the eaves, creating bad ice jams at the eaves and gutters. But everything is just about hooked up. And I'm dialing it in. Thanks the Don
DSC05189

6 inch Hyper fan mounted on attic entrance door, connected to starter collar, and a Phresh 6 X 16 in carbo filter
DSC05213

insulated ducting in attic connected to roof vent
DSC05205

Attic entrance board back in place, and more ducting to connect yet.

Max Frost

Max Frost

It looks great, brother! Super Pro" install as well! Let us know how she works for you! I'm anxious to see that 600 HPS back up and runnung!! Keep us posted...oh, and GREAT tip about watching where/how you exhaust in the winter! You raise some good points!! best, -Max

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Thanks my brothers. Just been dialing it all in. I ended up pulling the passive air in through the rear of reflector, this got me another 6 degrees cooler. The 6 inch Hyper fan seems to be working well. I wish it had a little more balls to it, but for a little 6 inch fan, its super quiet, I'm really digging the built in speed control, and uses very little juice, and most important, its doing the job. Temps with the 600 hps watter going, stay steady at 78 degrees. This is with heat vents closed in bedroom, and bedroom door shut, and closet door ajar. And if I crack a window an inch or two, I can turn the fan down to 40% and keep the closet temps at 74 degrees. And I also turn it down to the lowest setting when the lights go off. I just have to remember to open a heat vent. Woke up shivering a few times! Not much to show. But this is how it looks. Will be adding the carbon filter to the front of reflector soon.
DSC05219

Some Bog gear, and ROC's gear, and a few fem's vegging. Just flipped a few under the 600 watter. I'll post some pics when they start getting sexy for ya
DSC05224
DSC05223

Max Frost

Max Frost

Not to mention those are some sexy legs too!!! :woot:

Unspecified BOG and ROC gear? Sheesh bro...that could cover ALLOT of ground! Everything from tropical and exotic to fruity and narcotic to take yer head-off old-school...depending on which ones you're running! Give that crystal ball a little nudge and see if it'll spit out a bit more info on what to expect please!! haha! Looking great bro! sounds like those temps are falling right where you want them too..so I'd say mission successful!! Keep in mind when you hook that filter up it'll really reduce your overall cfm's...so get ready to start the "dialing" process all over again! (That's one reason I like overkill on my fans! I like to be moving plenty of cfms, while still having allot of reserve fan power. Dialing them down, really brings the noise level down, as you're finding. Congrats on a successful job!! Now grow some dank to celebrate with!! Best, -Max

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Not to mention those are some sexy legs too!!! :woot:

Unspecified BOG and ROC gear? Sheesh bro...that could cover ALLOT of ground! Everything from tropical and exotic to fruity and narcotic to take yer head-off old-school...depending on which ones you're running! Give that crystal ball a little nudge and see if it'll spit out a bit more info on what to expect please!! haha! Looking great bro! sounds like those temps are falling right where you want them too..so I'd say mission successful!! Keep in mind when you hook that filter up it'll really reduce your overall cfm's...so get ready to start the "dialing" process all over again! (That's one reason I like overkill on my fans! I like to be moving plenty of cfms, while still having allot of reserve fan power. Dialing them down, really brings the noise level down, as you're finding. Congrats on a successful job!! Now grow some dank to celebrate with!! Best, -Max
LOL Bro. I'm not even sure whos who!. But the tray has 2 bog lifesavers, 2 bog sour bubbles, 1 of roc's og x purps, ( take your head off old school ) hope its a gal. I rolled the dice with just one bean, and hit it with some of MGG's magic prayer lol. and a fem dinachem. And the three fems ( bottom pic ) are from left to right. dinafem white widow, cheese x kush, ( both freebies ) and a RP skywalker kush. I'm uppotting soon and I'll get some side by side pics. Filter on, and fan at 100% for her for sure! Thanks for the help getting this project going, and the kind words brother. Donny P. PS. Thanks for noticing those handsome gams! The bunion would have made you gasp!..

Last edited:
Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Now that the battle with the heat issues were a success, time to start popping some beans. The only thing I'll be doing for the heat ( come summer time ) is add another 6 inch inline hyper fan sucking through the filter, then blowing over the bulb, and then being picked up by the 6 inch fan sucking beyond the bulb. But thats in the future. But for now, with the help of a mentor & my peers here, Im doing my first hempy grow. I'm just starting out with 3 CH-9 fem freebie beans for the test run. I have them in solo cups, with a v shaped cut about 1 inch from bottom of cup for drainage. And about 2 inches of chunky perlite on the bottom of cup, covered with a coco & perlite mixture. I'll be using GH, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, CaliMagic, and Liquid Karma from start to finish. Thanks all..

My 1st hempy's
DSC05261

BOG Sour Bubble in FF HF soil
DSC05255

ROC's og x purps in FF HF soil
DSC05259

BOG Lifesaver in FF HF soil
DSC05256

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Thanks for the kind words & support. Just been making more hempy's ( I'm hooked ) Hope I can make it work. Had to hook up my phresh filter in my flower closet. The 2 blueberry x skunks are earning there name. Its getting pretty ripe in there. My heat issue are tame. 78-80 degrees, RH 60%ish with the lights on, and dropping to 70 degrees lights off. So my closet is happy now, and the plants are digging the 600 watter again. Peace DP

No heat no stink!

DSC05274

Blueberry x skunk
DSC05283

DSC05264

sixstring

sixstring

Been a min since I scrolled this show bro, sorry man but im slowly getting up to speed on all my watched threads :) lil ones are lookin nice n healthy dp and it sounds like the redesign is doin the job.ill be keepin better tabs on ya now bro lol.peace

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Been a min since I scrolled this show bro, sorry man but im slowly getting up to speed on all my watched threads :) lil ones are lookin nice n healthy dp and it sounds like the redesign is doin the job.ill be keepin better tabs on ya now bro lol.peace
Glad your getting back in the groove brother six.. Good to see ya around. DP

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks farmers. Well the heat battle wages on. I have some weapons stock piled,and getting the vent hook up to the roof. I can't be more happy, not having to blow that hot air into my attic in the winter months. If your doing that, I would recommend venting it elsewhere. It causes the snow to melt way to fast on the roof, and it all freezes back up at the eaves, creating bad ice jams at the eaves and gutters. But everything is just about hooked up. And I'm dialing it in. Thanks the DonView attachment 446660

6 inch Hyper fan mounted on attic entrance door, connected to starter collar, and a Phresh 6 X 16 in carbo filterView attachment 446661

insulated ducting in attic connected to roof ventView attachment 446662

Attic entrance board back in place, and more ducting to connect yet.
Looks like u have it sorted Don p! Just stopping by! How awesome is the hyper 6! Bought mine a little over a year ago and I couldn't be happier. Well as happy as one can get from a fan anyway! Lol. Keep doing u thin bro. Just dropping some positive vibes on ya!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Now that the battle with the heat issues were a success, time to start popping some beans. The only thing I'll be doing for the heat ( come summer time ) is add another 6 inch inline hyper fan sucking through the filter, then blowing over the bulb, and then being picked up by the 6 inch fan sucking beyond the bulb. But thats in the future. But for now, with the help of a mentor & my peers here, Im doing my first hempy grow. I'm just starting out with 3 CH-9 fem freebie beans for the test run. I have them in solo cups, with a v shaped cut about 1 inch from bottom of cup for drainage. And about 2 inches of chunky perlite on the bottom of cup, covered with a coco & perlite mixture. I'll be using GH, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, CaliMagic, and Liquid Karma from start to finish. Thanks all..

My 1st hempy's View attachment 449013

BOG Sour Bubble in FF HF soilView attachment 449015

ROC's og x purps in FF HF soilView attachment 449016

BOG Lifesaver in FF HF soil
View attachment 449014
Looking dope. Didn't realize that u also made the switch to hempys! Not sure if u have gotten any to finish in hempy yet but u will be blown away! Good luck bro.

Top Bottom