My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

That sunshine mix #4 should serve you well. That miracle grow perlite would have been fine..costly but fine. Just their regular soil is bothersome with all their time release nutrients.

You can get by just fine without the perlite, it just makes for better drainage.
Their perlite has the same time release ferts in it. Makes it hard to know what they're getting

jipp

jipp

Good stuff...I hope things work out for both your projects. Working on my project car as well this will be year 4. She'll be 100% restored this year I'll have replaced everything but the bolts that hold the body to the frame

70' 496 stroker 60 over. Full eagle stroker kit..all forged internals. Instead of going aluminum heads I took gm's biggest flowing cast iron heads and spent 15hrs opening them up for bigger valves, a great shape up, and bowlblend. 400 turbo tranny, with a racing ultra bell housing...I'll just hush..you get the idea...if she'll hook up on the street she'll hang with anything out there. :)
View attachment 672401
View attachment 672414
View attachment 672402

hell yeah man, good stuff she is gonna be a hell of a ride.. yours in much better shape than mine.. but its all about the process i say.. its just fun to work on a car you can work on your self.. i hate new cars. even if they are better in so many ways. except style. also disability says i cant own a new car? what a stupid rule.. you would think you would want a disabled person to own a reliable ride who cares how they get the car.. but nope. so yeah this is my death ride ill have her till the end. laughs.

any time you wanna talk shop, you found the spot. hah.. old cars rule!

chris.

jipp

jipp

I felt the same way, then I double checked the bag and saw it in small print...and my grow store was out at the time. Im glad I was patient and found some without any extra shit added. Why the hell anyone needs nutes added to perlite is beyond me tho?

well lets hope what i got does not. hah. i could not read the fine print.. just took the sales men word.. shrugs.. i guess ill just dump it, and use strait soil..

its not mirrical brand but it was there own brand.

chris.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

well lets hope what i got does not. hah. i could not read the fine print.. just took the sales men word.. shrugs.. i guess ill just dump it, and use strait soil..

chris.

Don't dump it. What is it? And don't bring in outside soil unless you want bugs and weeds and hurting plants.

jipp

jipp

oh its inside stuff. i made sure no bugs. ( the soil here would not work for herb if that is what you meant. its clay laughs )

it came in a brown bag. heh. so no clue.. local nursery.

no sprouts yet.
heat i guess will be my biggest issue it seems.
chris.

jipp

jipp

nope. iv made damn sure to make sure the paper towel has not dried out or over watered.
its in a warm spot..

just the nature of the game i guess. ill wait 3 more days then ill try again.

i think i will try the shot-glass method next time.. seems like i cant fuck that up.

laughs.

hey @DAT did you have problems with the temps, dry environment.. im getting mixed messages on heat..

you grown here, fill me in please.
chris.

jipp

jipp

well i just replaced the soil.. i will just not use that perlite until i can go back to the nursery and ask them.

i do not want to toss good dirt, so i put it in a bag.. and im gonna try to grow a house plant. hah

so now i wait for 3 more days and hope for a sprout.

lots more reading to do.

car update, well i just dragged this out of the shop and put in the trunk.
i will be upgrading the gas tank, lines, sending unit wires, and new bolts.
that will be my starting point.. then i will get her running, then do breaks, and finish hooking up the 4 speed linkage and stick. i also plan to strip the interior for something much mo re comfortable.. that will be a fun trip to the wrecking yard.. this is a big car..

so its a cruiser. :)
but i will take her to the drag strip. once its reliable.
just glad i have the parts.. or i would have no hope of getting her on the road again.

and my overall goal is to get healthy, get her running, and then this summer i plan on going to spend a week or so on the farm helping out, and fly fishing with @chickenman thats the goal. :)
thanks again for the invitation, i will love being in nature again with a steam to catch fish.. very big grin here.. :p)
chris.

ps,
i hate pack rats, i took out two garbage cans of there shit from every where.. under the rear end diff to the trunk.. only place they did not make home was inside the damn cab and the engine bay. hha.

hah just found the preview button.. that will help. instead of trying to do it live. i guess i should of scrolled all the way down.. live and learn.

IMG 0187   Copy
IMG 0176   Copy
IMG 0196   Copy
justiceman

justiceman

That's my bad, I figured even miracle gro couldn't screw up something simple as perlite.
I didn't know either. I also assumed they could not mess that up hahah.

chris.
Your perlite is most likely fine. I'd say only miracle grow is dumb enough to fertilze their perlite lmao. Feel free to post a picture so we can look at the bag/brand.

jipp

jipp

I didn't know either. I also assumed they could not mess that up hahah.

Your perlite is most likely fine. I'd say only miracle grow is dumb enough to fertilze their perlite lmao. Feel free to post a picture so se can look at the bag/brand.

i would but all you would see is a paper brown bag.
its there brand.

justiceman

justiceman

i would but all you would see is a paper brown bag.
its there brand.
If it's from a decent nursery I highly doubt they fertilze their perlite, but if you want to check with them I suppose better safe than sorry.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Nice to see you getting your grow on finally Chris. Are you doing a diary or just keeping this thread going? Don't want to miss it all do I lol. Take it easy.

DAT

DAT

nope. iv made damn sure to make sure the paper towel has not dried out or over watered.
its in a warm spot..

just the nature of the game i guess. ill wait 3 more days then ill try again.

i think i will try the shot-glass method next time.. seems like i cant fuck that up.

laughs.

hey @DAT did you have problems with the temps, dry environment.. im getting mixed messages on heat..

you grown here, fill me in please.
chris.
I did quite well growing in Tuscon. My first grow there was the best of my life actually. One plant yielded me 18 oz. it's all about adjusting your room temps with supplemental equipment when nessessary. Watch your humidity and heat. If you can keep that in check half the battle is won. Bring in the humidifier or portable room ac unit. I used an inline fan with filter and pulled that exhaust directly out the window and pulled fresh air in from the window .

jipp

jipp

I did quite well growing in Tuscon. My first grow there was the best of my life actually. One plant yielded me 18 oz. it's all about adjusting your room temps with supplemental equipment when nessessary. Watch your humidity and heat. If you can keep that in check half the battle is won. Bring in the humidifier or portable room ac unit. I used an inline fan with filter and pulled that exhaust directly out the window and pulled fresh air in from the window .
thank you for the advice.. and hope. i do have a window ac blowing right at it. not on at the moment.. its a cold day here, shrugs.
so that will help i think.. but yeah i will need to get the inline fan and shit as soon as possible to help with heat.

you rock.
chris.

tifosi

tifosi

I live where it is hot and dry also i just grow outdoors in the summer and shut the indoor down for the summer.the extra cost of running the AC and the larger outdoor yield make it a no brainier for me. miricle grow perlite is fine just expensive i have used it many of times when the hydro store was out of bigger bags.

jipp

jipp

yeah i could see how it cold get expensive.. but i run it anyhow almost all year round so i wont notice. when its 115F out side you use your A/C hah my a/c broke one year.. holy shit that sucked.. one week of pure hell.. was better to just camp out side than be inside this tinder box.

chris.

Latest posts

Top Bottom