My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

I'm confused. Are you talking about CalMag or epsom salts? Isn't epsom salts just MgSO4. I googled it and don't see any mention of potassium.
Wait a minute. Did you say you were confused? Heck your name is BC Buddy, not confused. Confidentially, just between you and me do you often forget your own name. Now are we going to split hairs here? Magnesium sulfate, MgSO4, is a colourless crystalline substance formed by the reaction of magnesium hydroxide with sulfur dioxide and air. A hydrate form of magnesium sulfate called kieserite, MgSO4∙H2O, occurs as a mineral deposit. Synthetically prepared magnesium sulfate is sold as Epsom salt, MgSO4∙7H2O. In an earlier post and possibly that was a mistake I posted about a tea that I had made from burnt Japanese potato skins/molasses and some kickapoo joy juice. It is possible that in my eagerness I generated a mistake.It is possible that in my eagerness I generated a mistake. If you are still confused I'd suggest burning a fattie.

sambapati

sambapati

Stop during the last 3 weeks of the plant's time before the 2 days of darkness. You remember that one.....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

happy with how this plant turned out.

20200827 174111z

this is about the minimum standard i expect - and i reckon there's plenty of room for improving my growing skills.

20200827 174306z

it looks like i might get something decent off this plant. she stinks.

20200827 174050z

it's end of the 7th week of flowering.

20200827 174100z

i reckons its almost there, ready for the chop.

20200827 174044
sambapati

sambapati

Speaking of chop....I removed a chunk off the top of 2 buds to see what (if anything would happen) could they grow back? I will also wonder what effect they would have after dried. Who can know but I did read that this makes the plant stronger. Keeping to twice a week schedule for water feed. Checked plants today but they were busy playing bridge. The mystery plant still developing....and the saga continues thanks for your 2 cents on whether you think this chopping will do anything
20200825 182100
20200825 182050
20200821 150225
we are a few eeeks behind except mystry thai

sambapati

sambapati

happy with how this plant turned out.

View attachment 1022124

this is about the minimum standard i expect - and i reckon there's plenty of room for improving my growing skills.

View attachment 1022125

it looks like i might get something decent off this plant. she stinks.

View attachment 1022122

it's end of the 7th week of flowering.

View attachment 1022123

I'm sending this to you to better see trichome development....

https://media.giphy.com/media/huzI5oHbztUekEqdeP/giphy.gif T

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

plants stopped producing crystals, resin - fan leaves, lower leaves have turned yellow, etc. the smell, well, it stinks. bud mass has not increased in past few days. end of the 7th week of their flowering.

yup, strong force drawing me to the thought of chopping 2 of the 4 plants, this weekend. I did have the scissors in my hand and magnifying glass in the other hand, sitting next to these 2 plants. the other 2 plants, which i am quite chuffed about, i am willing to wait another week.

i can hold out for another week, i put the scissors away. sanity once again prevails, once again back to this game of patience.

no point in chopping the 2 smaller plants this weekend - it'll leave just empty spot in the tent. my plan is to clear the tent of this current batch, so i can re-arrange the tent and its contents & maybe even to relocate the tent (move it half a metre..). once i rearrange the tent, then to figure out which batch is next to go into the tent.

feel like i'm stuck in a traffic jam, where i'm waiting to overtake a slow moving vehicle ahead, and traffic piling up behind me. HURRY UP, YOU fucka! Ooops, sorry.

sambapati

sambapati

plants stopped producing crystals, resin - fan leaves, lower leaves have turned yellow, etc. the smell, well, it stinks. bud mass has not increased in past few days. end of the 7th week of their flowering.

yup, strong force drawing me to the thought of chopping 2 of the 4 plants, this weekend. I did have the scissors in my hand and magnifying glass in the other hand, sitting next to these 2 plants. the other 2 plants, which i am quite chuffed about, i am willing to wait another week.

i can hold out for another week, i put the scissors away. sanity once again prevails, once again back to this game of patience.

no point in chopping the 2 smaller plants this weekend - it'll leave just empty spot in the tent. my plan is to clear the tent of this current batch, so i can re-arrange the tent and its contents & maybe even to relocate the tent (move it half a metre..). once i rearrange the tent, then to figure out which batch is next to go into the tent.

feel like i'm stuck in a traffic jam, where i'm waiting to overtake a slow moving vehicle ahead, and traffic piling up behind me. HURRY UP, YOU fucka! Ooops, sorry.
Glad your inner Edward Scissorhands have been restrained. Whew. RippedTorn and Frankster have some good thoughts/ information on finishing. Do you have a separate finishing area? You are going to do the last 2 days in darkness or no? Buds curing in darkness? I'm jealous of Burnz2Buds PVC plant stands....mebbe he'll come over and help us build same. When in doubt smoke 2 joints and then smoke 2 more. Claro.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i did have the scissors in one hand...

20200829 160631z

instead, i watered it.

20200829 153258z

wait until next week, to reconsider again, with those scissors in my hand.

20200829 153310z

i've tried magnifying glass, my phone, phone app...i struggle to see clearly those trichomes. I can make them out, almost.

20200829 153314z

it must be close.

20200829 153333z

not expecting much yield from this plant, it is what it is.

20200829 153337z

still, keen to harvest it, provide some mull bowls.

20200829 153919z

keen to harvest, to start my next grow.

sambapati

sambapati

i did have the scissors in one hand...

View attachment 1022986

instead, i watered it.

View attachment 1022980

wait until next week, to reconsider again, with those scissors in my hand.

View attachment 1022981

i've tried magnifying glass, my phone, phone app...i struggle to see clearly those trichomes. I can make them out, almost.

View attachment 1022982

it must be close.

View attachment 1022983

not expecting much yield from this plant, it is what it is.

View attachment 1022984

still, keen to harvest it, provide some mull bowls.

View attachment 1022985

keen to harvest, to start my next grow.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Glad your inner Edward Scissorhands have been restrained. Whew. RippedTorn and Frankster have some good thoughts/ information on finishing. Do you have a separate finishing area? You are going to do the last 2 days in darkness or no? Buds curing in darkness? I'm jealous of Burnz2Buds PVC plant stands....mebbe he'll come over and help us build same. When in doubt smoke 2 joints and then smoke 2 more. Claro.

a closer inspection of the remaining plants over the next couple of days - thinking of leaving the lights off on Friday night, then harvest Sunday late afternoon, yup 2 days of darkness makes sense to me.

i chopped some smaller growth/branches over the last week or so - and been drying this small/early samples, testing and preparing drying & curing methods, to be applied for the main harvest. also, crude it may be, it's good to have small stuff going into the mull bowls, after all that is the overall objective of this thing of ours, home-grown.

I haven't figured out the actual process/procedure of the harvest, drying and curing - let me have a look at RippedTorn and Frankster, first, then go from there. yeah, i got plenty of room, large desk, etc.

some excitement, contained with patience - it has been a long road to my first harvest here, still some travel to be done between this harvest and proper curing.

sambapati

sambapati

a closer inspection of the remaining plants over the next couple of days - thinking of leaving the lights off on Friday night, then harvest Sunday late afternoon, yup 2 days of darkness makes sense to me.

i chopped some smaller growth/branches over the last week or so - and been drying this small/early samples, testing and preparing drying & curing methods, to be applied for the main harvest. also, crude it may be, it's good to have small stuff going into the mull bowls, after all that is the overall objective of this thing of ours, home-grown.

I haven't figured out the actual process/procedure of the harvest, drying and curing - let me have a look at RippedTorn and Frankster, first, then go from there. yeah, i got plenty of room, large desk, etc.

some excitement, contained with patience - it has been a long road to my first harvest here, still some travel to be done between this harvest and proper curing.
Groovy things going on in the grow. Best practices at end + curing is the art part of our cult. The whole humidity discussion -- some divergence to be assayed. Overall better than storebought mmmmm.

sambapati

sambapati

Groovy things going on in the grow. Best practices at end + curing is the art part of our cult. The whole humidity discussion -- some divergence to be assayed. Overall better than storebought mmmmm.
Edrosenthal.com good when to harvest info good trichome info. He says Ok to harvest top buds and then bottoms can catch more direct light....Death by 1,000 cuts....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

BBK8D was due for her watering today - instead, as she hasn't done much over last week, she can go first - i'm about to chop her down.

20200830 181019z

A little disappointed in my efforts in tending to BB8D, you live & learn. Nevertheless, there's some of my home-grown into the mull bowls.

20200830 181029z

So, I pulled out BBK8D, leaving the other 3 plants in the tent. I placed BBK8D onto the adjoining desk - put 4 bamboo stakes in the corner of her pot, and placed a couple of black plastic bags over her & her pot. I'm gonna pull her cover off tomorrow night, after 36 hours of darkness, for her chop.

20200830 181046z

I'm just gonna hang the chop upside down, after a quick haircut, trimming, to dry. This first harvest will provide more lessons regarding drying & curing. i got a few ideas of where/how, to dry.

20200830 181055z

I'm re-assessing next Friday evening, whether to put the remaining 3 plants into its final 48 hours of darkness, before their harvest.

20200830 181218z

Earlier, i watered most of the clones - on this warm sunny late winter, disguised as early spring weather - spring is 2 days away. So, the next batches are well on their way.

20200830 144118z

i have been chopping and changing my plans regarding the next batch to go into the tent. I was ummming & erring between the older batch or with some of the larger established clones - i got an idea now what i might do, again, reassess after harvest & then re-arranging the tent & grow room.

sambapati

sambapati

BBK8D was due for her watering today - instead, as she hasn't done much over last week, she can go first - i'm about to chop her down.

View attachment 1023379

A little disappointed in my efforts in tending to BB8D, you live & learn. Nevertheless, there's some of my home-grown into the mull bowls.

View attachment 1023380

So, I pulled out BBK8D, leaving the other 3 plants in the tent. I placed BBK8D onto the adjoining desk - put 4 bamboo stakes in the corner of her pot, and placed a couple of black plastic bags over her & her pot. I'm gonna pull her cover off tomorrow night, after 36 hours of darkness, for her chop.

View attachment 1023381

I'm just gonna hang the chop upside down, after a quick haircut, trimming, to dry. This first harvest will provide more lessons regarding drying & curing. i got a few ideas of where/how, to dry.

View attachment 1023382

I'm re-assessing next Friday evening, whether to put the remaining 3 plants into its final 48 hours of darkness, before their harvest.

View attachment 1023383

Earlier, i watered most of the clones - on this warm sunny late winter, disguised as early spring weather - spring is 2 days away. So, the next batches are well on their way.

View attachment 1023384

i have been chopping and changing my plans regarding the next batch to go into the tent. I was ummming & erring between the older batch or with some of the larger established clones - i got an idea now what i might do, again, reassess after harvest & then re-arranging the tent & grow room.
Embrace ambiguity and you'll never dance alone. I'm thinking black cloth rather than platic bag because if air circ ,& mould.....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

good idea - that black cloth.

yeah, thought about that plastic black garbage bag, it's loosely hung around the plant, lets see - i figure it should be okay, but still gonna replace it, if i can find something else more suitable.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

thinking of ONA. not sure exactly, how it works - also, not easy to source. thought for future grows. thinking maybe need that carbon filter.

the grow room is at the end of a corridor, so I was thinking ONA placed in that corridor - outside the grow room, or towards the entrance of the apartment.

how long does 1 litre of this ONA gel last? i was thinking of pouring a small amount into a jar, with some holes in its lid - and place this jar, on the other side of the corridor, as you go in, towards the corridor first, then to the grow room. i suppose it's subjective, how much you place this ONA and where?

yeah, the smell is now turned to paranoia. how do you measure smell, the stench gives me periodic bouts of paranoia? i like this smell, and i live in it, so i can't judge its strength. several times a day, i get a strong whiff of sweet mary - especially when I first wake up and open the grow room's door.

Last edited:
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

over 28 hours of darkness, i chopped her down.

20200830 181218z

i chopped main branches off, quickly trimmed the larger leaves and smaller growth, then hung it upside down in brown paper bags. put the crude into a cardboard box, to quickly dry, to provide some mull bowls.

20200831 175034z

quick, simple, even rough, it's do the job.

20200831 175044z

this plant was the runt of the family. the other 3 plants still remain in the tent, probably another week, before their harvest.

20200831 175053z

keen to get the tent cleared of this current batch, so i can clean & rearrange the tent and the grow room. and then keen to start the next batch.

20200831 194842z

sambapati

sambapati

thinking of ONA. not sure exactly, how it works - also, not easy to source. thought for future grows. thinking maybe need that carbon filter.

the grow room is at the end of a corridor, so I was thinking ONA placed in that corridor - outside the grow room, or towards the entrance of the apartment.

how long does 1 litre of this ONA gel last? i was thinking of pouring a small amount into a jar, with some holes in its lid - and place this jar, on the other side of the corridor, as you go in, towards the corridor first, then to the grow room. i suppose it's subjective, how much you place this ONA and where?

yeah, the smell is now turned to paranoia. how do you measure smell, the stench gives me periodic bouts of paranoia? i like this smell, and i live in it, so i can't judge its strength. several times a day, i get a strong whiff of sweet mary - especially when I first wake up and open the grow room's door.
ONA not to be used with MJ, according to web its smell screws up the weed. The drying weed will also have an a ccompanying stench. I have zillions of diffusers in the living room to mask the smell and a mitsubishi mr slim going all day. No one walks by and no one comes in. Now I am worried about your neighbors....being disturbed......
over 28 hours of darkness, i chopped her down.

View attachment 1023728

i chopped main branches off, quickly trimmed the larger leaves and smaller growth, then hung it upside down in brown paper bags. put the crude into a cardboard box, to quickly dry, to provide some mull bowls.

View attachment 1023729

quick, simple, even rough, it's do the job.

View attachment 1023730

this plant was the runt of the family. the other 3 plants still remain in the tent, probably another week, before their harvest.

View attachment 1023731

keen to get the tent cleared of this current batch, so i can clean & rearrange the tent and the grow room. and then keen to start the next batch.

View attachment 1023732

sambapati

sambapati

ONA not to be used with MJ, according to web its smell screws up the weed. The drying weed will also have an a ccompanying stench. I have zillions of diffusers in the living room to mask the smell and a mitsubishi mr slim going all day. No one walks by and no one comes in. Now I am worried about your neighbors....being disturbed......
The bonny lass doest she smelleth sweatty and ripe?Congratulations on pulling it and now 60 degrees and 60% humidity for 14 days in a dark batman cloak then endless burping for 45 days.

Top Bottom