My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

just changed the reservoir for the single bucket DWC - boosted the nutrients solution to 195 PPM/TDS, adjusted to 5.8 pH. temperature 18c.

i measured the discarded reservoir at 180 PPM/TDS and 5.6 pH - whatever that results suggest IDK.

20200822 082142z

i leave this DWC and her plant alone, amongst the clones, underneath the T5 fluorescent. she has kinda topped herself, i can see multiple top offshoots, this plant has tendency to go bushy.

20200822 082155

i noticed a little blemish on one set of leaves, keep an eye on it.

20200822 082146z

i should pay more attention to this DWC setup.

i've been slowly boosting the TDS in small increments, every reservoir change. and then leaving the DWC alone.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

is that your baby?

View attachment 1019594

our baby who guards the home.
Nice kitty but appears all tired from guarding.
just changed the reservoir for the single bucket DWC - boosted the nutrients solution to 195 PPM/TDS, adjusted to 5.8 pH. temperature 18c.

i measured the discarded reservoir at 180 PPM/TDS and 5.6 pH - whatever that results suggest IDK.

View attachment 1019847

i leave this DWC and her plant alone, amongst the clones, underneath the T5 fluorescent. she has kinda topped herself, i can see multiple top offshoots, this plant has tendency to go bushy.

View attachment 1019849

i noticed a little blemish on one set of leaves, keep an eye on it.

View attachment 1019848

i should pay more attention to this DWC setup.

i've been slowly boosting the TDS in small increments, every reservoir change. and then leaving the DWC alone.
Very tight internodal set up and bushing too....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i re-potted 4 clones into 1-gallon pots, today. gave the other half, 3 of her ceramic pots back, as she has been complaining that i had earlier commandeered it.

20200822 142609z

they might be moving out of the main grow area. temporarily placed along bedroom window, until i can think of a better spot. they're gonna be placed to catch some leakage from the T5 setup, overnight.

it's the last cold burst of winter, these young clones are protected from late winter outside.

20200822 142517z

right, i forgot about how cuttings from older plants, don't have the symmetrical growth of the nodes!

i have bitten off more than i can chew, by taking 30+ clones. have to think about how and where all these 30 clones fits, into my grand designs.

sambapati

sambapati

i re-potted 4 clones into 1-gallon pots, today. gave the other half, 3 of her ceramic pots back, as she has been complaining that i had earlier commandeered it.

View attachment 1019985

they might be moving out of the main grow area. temporarily placed along bedroom window, until i can think of a better spot. they're gonna be placed to catch some leakage from the T5 setup, overnight.

it's the last cold burst of winter, these young clones are protected from late winter outside.

View attachment 1019984

right, i forgot about how cuttings from older plants, don't have the symmetrical growth of the nodes!

i have bitten off more than i can chew, by taking 30+ clones. have to think about how and where all these 30 clones fits, into my grand designs.
these clones are made for walkin and thats just what they'll do....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

happy with this plant (codenamed G3).

20200824 172440

smallest of the family, in smallest pot.

20200824 172451

still, happy how she turned out.

20200824 172455

she gives me inspiration for future grows.

20200824 172514

i can't make much out with the magnifying glass and my straining eyesight. i can almost see the trichomes glistering, but it could be a figment.

20200824 173355

another 2 weeks, i reckon, maybe....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

first batch of the clones, into their 1-gallon fabric pots.

20200822 142517z

when repotting these clones, i noticed that their nodes were asymmetrical - agh, i did take these clones off mature plants. scratched my head as to my plans of manifolding. mainlining clones?

I placed these plants along the bedroom windows, in late afternoon sun - then placed back along side the T5 fluorescent setup, absorbing its leakage.

sambapati

sambapati

View attachment 1020745

when repotting these clones, i noticed that their nodes were asymmetrical - agh, i did take these clones off mature plants. scratched my head as to my plans of manifolding. mainlining clones?

I placed these plants along the bedroom windows, in late afternoon sun - then placed back along side the T5 fluorescent setup, absorbing its leakage.
Manifold yes it will keep you out of trouble

sambapati

sambapati

don'

View attachment 1020745

Don't forget the Epsom Salts -- every 3 weeks 1 tsp in 3 gallons -- use only that at the time of watering. My plants are looking So much better....since giving them the Epsom Salts....How about Hydroton balls as a top layer for all the plants....it is excellent for them (ancient astronaut theorists say) and they look cool.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Manifold yes it will keep you out of trouble

my understanding is manifolding is done on plants grown from seed or clones taken from younger motherplants, as their growth/nodes are symmetrical. mainlining is done on plants with asymmetrical nodes, like clones from older motherplants.

so, the gap between the set of leaves is large on these asymmetrical growing clones, where I can't manifold - rather mainline. being technical here, with my crude understanding of the subject mattters.

so, i think I am LST'ing now, rather than mainlining - just gotta do some attempts on a couple of these clones, to get a better jist, to get the picture better.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

my plans are constantly changing, as to what to do with the next batch to go into the tent.

keen to harvest the current crop in the tent, as I said before, not so much in anticipation of the yield/quality of this current harvest. keen to get the next batch in the tent going, and going into their flowering phase asap.

now, i'm thinking of whacking into the tent the larger 2 recovering plants - hit them with a short vegetative phase before flipping into 12/12 on/off light cycle. while these 2 plants are taken to their harvest, i can grow the small garden into larger plants for the subsequent batch into the tent.

my original plan was the other way around. to whack in as many of these smaller plants into the tent, hit them with vegetative phase before flipping, and growing out the larger recovering plants for upcoming outdoor season.

then tomorrow, both these plans are out that window....

it's all speculation, rather than plans - as I am waiting for the current crop to harvest in the tent, which might be another 2 weeks. then assess what plants are to go into the tent, next.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

don'

Don't forget the Epsom Salts -- every 3 weeks 1 tsp in 3 gallons -- use only that at the time of watering. My plants are looking So much better....since giving them the Epsom Salts....How about Hydroton balls as a top layer for all the plants....it is excellent for them (ancient astronaut theorists say) and they look cool.

no, i haven't forgotten. next venture out.

and i have, in the past, experimented with clayballs on top layer, and i do have a large bag of clayballs in the garage...get my arse around to it!

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i have exercised patience over my entire growing operations - but THIS TAKES THE CAKE, it's an itch you just can't scratch, can't cheat or beat mother time. this is the hardest bit to wait....

waiting for these buds to harvest, maybe 2 weeks out, is KILLING me.

sambapati

sambapati

no, i haven't forgotten. next venture out.

and i have, in the past, experimented with clayballs on top layer, and i do have a large bag of clayballs in the garage...get my arse around to it!
There is a hotel on the #Road to Good Intentions called Dick's 1\2 Way Inn. Don't get yourself caught in their ♧♧♧♧

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

next grocery shop....and my other half will distract me again, when i go down the aisle where the personal care area is, that's why i was lost last time.

it's on the grocery list, on the fridge.

sambapati

sambapati

i have exercised patience over my entire growing operations - but THIS TAKES THE CAKE, it's an itch you just can't scratch, can't cheat or beat mother time. this is the hardest bit to wait....

Yes but REM remember every moment
What is the reason for the Epsom Salts?
Provides magnesium and potassium and trace elements beneficial to our weed. Use 1 tsp per gallon every 3 weeks. It will not, however restore human memory.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

nursing these plants back towards their full health...

and this MK9 is starting to respond with fresh new green growth.

20200826 135241z

survived the winter, after a 'failure' just as she was flipped.

she was once in real bad shape.

20200826 135246z

now, i'm thinking of placing her into the tent, for a short burst of vegetative phase, before flipping....

20200826 135256z

but it's a game of patience, waiting for the current crop in the tent to harvest....

sambapati

sambapati

nursing these plants back towards their full health...

and this MK9 is starting to respond with fresh new green growth.

View attachment 1021675

survived the winter, after a 'failure' just as she was flipped.

she was once in real bad shape.

View attachment 1021676

now, i'm thinking of placing her into the tent, for a short burst of vegetative phase, before flipping....

View attachment 1021677

but it's a game of patience, waiting for the current crop in the tent to harvest....
Hurry up....and wait...sit down....count to 10...weight up = wait up if you dig

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Provides magnesium and potassium and trace elements beneficial to our weed. Use 1 tsp per gallon every 3 weeks. It will not, however restore human memory.

is that to be applied throughout the entire lifespan of the plants?

BCBuddy

BCBuddy

I'm confused. Are you talking about CalMag or epsom salts? Isn't epsom salts just MgSO4. I googled it and don't see any mention of potassium.

Top Bottom