My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

You should let your plants grow more natural and just lightly lollipop and prune less. Prune maybe once or twice in flower and let them grow into dense buds. Not bad though something is better then nothing 👍

yeah, that's another lesson i learned - how to better train plants. also, a little messed up in timeline with these older plants, nursed back from 2 major failures to the 'sorry' state that they are in = all contributing to its unruly shapes.

these are some of the valuable lessons learned from my first indoor grow.

i have been attempting to mainline - if its not mainlining, then its LST the clones. i understand better what shape i intend to grow these plants into, though i might need more practice in better shaping plants. i do need to regulate the height, but its more to get stronger bud sites.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

so, i chopped down the plants a week ago, quickly trimmed, then hung upside down for about a week. the first plant to be harvested, its buds are dry where it's stems snap - so it's now placed into a jar, burped every couple of hours.

still waiting for the rest of the harvest to dry...

just wondering, besides the drying & curing process, what's your smoking process?

i quickly dried some lollipops in the first few days after its harvest, and had a couple of mull bowls - but that's when I decided instead, to allow the harvest to fully dry (even cure), before i 'taste' again my harvest.

anyway, i think this might be the hardest part of this whole game of patience (growing MJ), chopping it down for its harvest and chopping its treated/prepared end-product into the mull bowl.

sambapati

sambapati

so, i chopped down the plants a week ago, quickly trimmed, then hung upside down for about a week. the first plant to be harvested, its buds are dry where it's stems snap - so it's now placed into a jar, burped every couple of hours.

still waiting for the rest of the harvest to dry...

just wondering, besides the drying & curing process, what's your smoking process?

i quickly dried some lollipops in the first few days after its harvest, and had a couple of mull bowls - but that's when I decided instead, to allow the harvest to fully dry (even cure), before i 'taste' again my harvest.

anyway, i think this might be the hardest part of this whole game of patience (growing MJ), chopping it down for its harvest and chopping its treated/prepared end-product into the mull bowl.
You got Boveda bags in your bud jars and keep them in darkness. Ideally provides best possible environment. Turn jars every four hours. Get a green light and dont keep bud jar outside.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

no thongs or uggs boots ever, never catch me in one of those.

Thongs ie flip-flops, not the cossie (ie swimwear)...

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

RULE #1 DON'T GET HIGH ON YOUR OWN SUPPLY.

right, they weren't talking about 'this thing of ours', well, not most of us, at this non-commercial level.

i started to sample the harvests, starting with the first plant i harvest 9 days ago - a nice fruity smell released when scissors chop up the lollipop buds, then smokes up well in billies, its taste & effect are satisfying. i can see how the drying & curing process improves the smoke, i can't taste any chlorophyll.

i'm laying off the larger buds, until they are properly dried & cured - just sampling the lollipops first.

all together, i reckon its about 3 to 3.5 oz dried product - while not spectacular returns, it still provides plenty of mull bowls. i haven't got any accurate scales, only kitchen or bathroom scales, not yet at that stage with my grows needing to measure such (though out of curiosity, i will) - and it's all personal, anyway.

i won't be calling my man much in the next couple of months. i was going to call him up, and blow him out, would that be rude? i do want to share some of my harvest with my closest mates, see what they think. see if they join me, on this dark side.

hey, can i officially call myself a grower? after 18 pages of post here....

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

right, they weren't talking about 'this thing of ours', well, not most of us, at this non-commercial level.

i started to sample the harvests, starting with the first plant i harvest 9 days ago - a nice fruity smell released when scissors chop up the lollipop buds, then smokes up well in billies, its taste & effect are satisfying. i can see how the drying & curing process improves the smoke, i can't taste any chlorophyll.

i'm laying off the larger buds, until they are properly dried & cured - just sampling the lollipops first.

all together, i reckon its about 3 to 3.5 oz dried product - while not spectacular returns, it still provides plenty of mull bowls. i haven't got any accurate scales, only kitchen or bathroom scales, not yet at that stage with my grows needing to measure such (though out of curiosity, i will) - and it's all personal, anyway.

i won't be calling my man much in the next couple of months. i was going to call him up, and blow him out, would that be rude? i do want to share some of my harvest with my closest mates, see what they think. WHOA WHOA going to do what? Tell your friends, absolutely DO NOT DO IT. Last time I looked it was illegal as $%$&# to grow in your country. ABSOLUTE and TOTAL secrecy ONLY is what won't get you busted. That is the nice thing about this place where we can shout about and laugh and compliment each other..........it is ALL personal and it must be kept that way. " May I kindly remind you that as a farmer your first responsibility is to tell no one, not there or casually or get caught smoking oddly scented cigars....Botany Bay?? I'm just ultra careful and go to the backyard and burn. 2 weeks for my gals at least until lights out according to Ancient Astronaut theorists. Flushed clear of all the worm poopo. Thinking about top dressing more and probably will.

sambapati

sambapati

i won't be calling my man much in the next couple of months. i was going to call him up, and blow him out, would that be rude? i do want to share some of my harvest with my closest mates, see what they think. see if they join me, on this dark side.

Fruits of My Labor
Lucinda Williams

Baby, see how I been living
Velvet curtains on the windows too
Keep the bright and unforgiving
Light from shining through
Baby, I remember all the things we did
When we slept together
In the blue behind your eyelids
Baby, sweet baby
Traced your scent through the gloom
'Til I found these purple flowers
I was spent, I was soon smelling you for hours
Lavender, lotus blossoms too
Water the dirt, flowers last for you
Baby, sweet baby
Tangerines and persimmons
And sugarcane
Grapes and honeydew melon
Enough fit for a queen
Lemon trees don't make a sound
'Til branches bend and fruit falls to the ground
Baby, sweet baby
Come to my world and witness
The way things have changed
'Cause I finally did it, baby
I got…

Source: LyricFind

"Fruits Of My Labor" Lucinda Williams AOL Sessions

sambapati

sambapati

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

these plants have had a rough life. i've expended much energy/time/effort with these babies.

20200912 160626z

they almost died,as seedlings, when initially i struggled with the soil mix. then some 6 months ago, these girls turned bad when i just flipped them into their flowering phase.

20200912 162850z

i nursed these babies back towards full health numerous times. Nursed back to the point, where I whacked these plants back into the tent. it seems these plants don't like the LEDs (anymore) - after a week, where they seemed to be struggling under these lights, I threw them out of the tent. another change of plan.

20200912 162906z

i am going to grow these babies out over the upcoming outdoor grow season (i'm in southern hemisphere, when i last checked). as they are, its 2nd week of spring here, with the full spring, summer and autumn ahead of 'em. stumbling from one plan to another, I've got a good start this year outdoor grow season - last year was a total fumble, despite the detailed planning.

i whacked 9 clones into the tent, and they are loving the LEDs.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

these plants have had a rough life. i've expended much energy/time/effort with these babies.

View attachment 1029445

they almost died,as seedlings, when initially i struggled with the soil mix. then some 6 months ago, these girls turned bad when i just flipped them into their flowering phase.

View attachment 1029446

i nursed these babies back towards full health numerous times. Nursed back to the point, where I whacked these plants back into the tent. it seems these plants don't like the LEDs (anymore) - after a week, where they seemed to be struggling under these lights, I threw them out of the tent. another change of plan.

View attachment 1029447

i am going to grow these babies out over the upcoming outdoor grow season (i'm in southern hemisphere, when i last checked). as they are, its 2nd week of spring here, with the full spring, summer and autumn ahead of 'em. stumbling from one plan to another, I've got a good start this year outdoor grow season - last year was a total fumble, despite the detailed planning.

i whacked 9 clones into the tent, and they are loving the LEDs.
Good job overall

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

this is what its about.

20200910 193312

smoking the lollipops first, while i wait for the larger buds to cure further. you can smell the fruitiness when chopping up & fruitiness in taste, indicative of its genetics/name mango + blackberry kush.

happy, done okay, do better next time. happy, starting to enjoy the fruits of my labour.

like i said, this is what its about.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

this is what its about.

View attachment 1029932

smoking the lollipops first, while i wait for the larger buds to cure further. you can smell the fruitiness when chopping up & fruitiness in taste, indicative of its genetics/name mango + blackberry kush.

happy, done okay, do better next time. happy, starting to enjoy the fruits of my labour.

like i said, this is what its about.
I think I see your smoke signals from here !! Happy Daze

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTIONS. Patience, you'll find out, for yourself, huh.

First grow, first harvest. Learned many lessons, including drying & curing.

I've hooked into the first jar, first plant to be harvested - to the point, where I decided to 'stash' the remaining portion away. Onto the second jar, yup, the second plant harvested about 10 days ago. Again, I am going to 'sample' this second jar, until it gets to that point where I'm gonna stash that jar away. I got 4 jars in total, to do this process.

The smoke has noticeably improved as it has dried and cured more - so, my rough suggestion is to wait at least 10 days after harvest before 'sampling'. Patience is the trade-off of waiting to get better results.

The chlorophyll and fresh green taste first disappears as it dries properly. Then as it dries more, and starts to cure, the chop and smoke releases more tastes/smell - and the drier & curing buds chops up and smokes up better. The effect on the head also intensifies, as the buds dries & cures. I only described here the first 10 days from its harvest.

no, i wouldn't use an oven, again, to dry my pot.

I'm not at the point of self-sufficiency, there isn't gonna be enough buds to last before the next harvest. That's the target of this next year, to become self-sufficient to entirely supply my own habit.

The question I had, was how long to dry & cure, to have a decent smoke. Answer: about 10 days. You should wait longer, though....

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTIONS. Patience, you'll find out, for yourself, huh.

First grow, first harvest. Learned many lessons, including drying & curing.

I've hooked into the first jar, first plant to be harvested - to the point, where I decided to 'stash' the remaining portion away. Onto the second jar, yup, the second plant harvested about 10 days ago. Again, I am going to 'sample' this second jar, until it gets to that point where I'm gonna stash that jar away. I got 4 jars in total, to do this process.

The smoke has noticeably improved as it has dried and cured more - so, my rough suggestion is to wait at least 10 days after harvest before 'sampling'. Patience is the trade-off of waiting to get better results.

The chlorophyll and fresh green taste first disappears as it dries properly. Then as it dries more, and starts to cure, the chop and smoke releases more tastes/smell - and the drier & curing buds chops up and smokes up better. The effect on the head also intensifies, as the buds dries & cures. I only described here the first 10 days from its harvest.

no, i wouldn't use an oven, again, to dry my pot.

I'm not at the point of self-sufficiency, there isn't gonna be enough buds to last before the next harvest. That's the target of this next year, to become self-sufficient to entirely supply my own habit.

The question I had, was how long to dry & cure, to have a decent smoke. Answer: about 10 days. You should wait longer, though....
BURPING...he hmmmm you do have a daily burping session with your regiment of jars up to and including at least 30 days. Most def need to get Boveda bags to maintain 62% humidity inside your jars. Food grade stainless steel jars are better and vacuum sealed bags for deep storage so they say.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Paranoia, it grows on ya, doesn't it?

odour has now become an issue which needs to be addressed.

I use the word 'odour' to imply an unpleasant smell - here, I mean 'odour' defining a smell which draws unwanted attention. I like this smell, it's not odour to me - still, this smell/odour is now alarmingly noticeable.

After going out for dinner tonight, I opened my front door, and WOW it's nice to be greeted home.

I just harvested, I've jarred all the harvest for its curing - so i thought the full flowering bloom was the peak of the smell. I have plenty of clones, some mature plants and a grow tent, and maybe the warmer weather (?) - which has suddenly put out this strong Body Odour.

Carbon filter

so, i'm on a hunt for a 150 mm carbon filter. i intend to buy within the next week, fortnight at latest.

i will need to setup the carbon filter outside the tent - even outside in the corridor (corridor outside the grow room, leading to the rest of the apartment)....any recommendations, to tackle this smell/odour? any recommendations on any particular 150 mm carbon filter and its setup?

yup, thinking of getting next time, low-odour strains - i didn't anticipate that such smell/odour could possibly put my grows in jeopardy.

WOW, this paranoia is a rush, in itself.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Paranoia, it grows on ya, doesn't it?

odour has now become an issue which needs to be addressed.

I use the word 'odour' to imply an unpleasant smell - here, I mean 'odour' defining a smell which draws unwanted attention. I like this smell, it's not odour to me - still, this smell/odour is now alarmingly noticeable.

After going out for dinner tonight, I opened my front door, and WOW it's nice to be greeted home.

I just harvested, I've jarred all the harvest for its curing - so i thought the full flowering bloom was the peak of the smell. I have plenty of clones, some mature plants and a grow tent, and maybe the warmer weather (?) - which has suddenly put out this strong Body Odour.

View attachment 1030995

so, i'm on a hunt for a 150 mm carbon filter. i intend to buy within the next week, fortnight at latest.

i will need to setup the carbon filter outside the tent - even outside in the corridor (corridor outside the grow room, leading to the rest of the apartment)....any recommendations, to tackle this smell/odour? any recommendations on any particular 150 mm carbon filter and its setup?

yup, thinking of getting next time, low-odour strains - i didn't anticipate that such smell/odour could possibly put my grows in jeopardy.

WOW, this paranoia is a rush, in itself.
Durban poison has no smell. You might ask OneDrop for installation advise given you speakum same lingo. Applaud your paranoia if it

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

right, 3 of the 4 clones, which are under the LEDs 18/6 on/off light cycle has budded, hoping that they soon revegetate. i thought i took these clones off cuttings off a motherplant which has yet to flower. they're all female, they showed me their tits.

20200913 094224z

'mainlining', maybe its more LST, to promote more bud sites. pruned the smaller growth, to keep the offshoots even. these are in their 1-gallon fabric pots....

20200913 094238

my plan is to get around 8 strong bud sites on each plant.

20200913 094246

not exactly sure what my plans are here, making it up as i go, see how they grow, rather than making any anticipation/expectation of a timetable/schedule. it will take as long as it takes.

20200913 094252

in the meantime, i have a small garden of clones growing.

20200913 094306

agh, now, onto the topic of odour control, i'm doing some research first....get some idea of what's out there, before asking silly questions.

sambapati

sambapati

right, 3 of the 4 clones, which are under the LEDs 18/6 on/off light cycle has budded, hoping that they soon revegetate. i thought i took these clones off cuttings off a motherplant which has yet to flower. they're all female, they showed me their tits.

View attachment 1032329

'mainlining', maybe its more LST, to promote more bud sites. pruned the smaller growth, to keep the offshoots even. these are in their 1-gallon fabric pots....

View attachment 1032330

my plan is to get around 8 strong bud sites on each plant.

View attachment 1032331

not exactly sure what my plans are here, making it up as i go, see how they grow, rather than making any anticipation/expectation of a timetable/schedule. it will take as long as it takes.

View attachment 1032332

in the meantime, i have a small garden of clones growing.

View attachment 1032333

agh, now, onto the topic of odour control, i'm doing some research first....get some idea of what's out there, before asking silly questions.
The clones looking strong today. Good to see you have the brown balls ready to go. LEMONGRASS plants at the entrance to your place. Buy 4 and breathe deep. Nasal cammo.

Top Bottom