My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

this is what caused alarm yesterday.

20201002 083154

strata management, remedial repairs, maintenance of the apartment and its exterior.

i do carry a leatherman. he hasn't come down to our level, yet.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

crammed 9 plants, in their 1-gallon fabric pots, in the small tent. tent is running my Viparspectra PAR450 LED 18/6 on/off cycle at B/W/R 80/80/60 settings, thereabouts.

20201002 075201z

these 4 clones were thirsty this morning - some of these clones budded, so I am waiting for them to revegetate. and some of these clones seems to be hungry for cal-mag dosage.

20201002 075318z

not sure what i am doing yet with the tent, and its current residents - letting these plants first grow bigger. gradually, i intend to take plants out of the tent, leaving just 4 or 5 plants for their flowering phase, while others ejected from the tent, to be grown during the outdoor season. no timeframe scheduled, just intent on growing strong plants.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

soooooo, cannabutter, huh.

i've been throwing out the green matter, if i'm not using it for cuttings or to dry, to smoke. from now, i'm gonna keep some of this fresh green matter, thinking of making a batch of this cannabutter using 'grief' (my language for leave & tips).

i do occasionally don the apron, and do the cooking - while still doing the hard lifting, got my speciality dishes.

looks simple enuff to make - decarboxylate, or “decarb” the green material first in the oven, then mix the butter & water & decarb material into a saucepan to simmer on low heat for a couple of hours, strain thru a cheesecloth, separate the water from settling cannabutter, then jar & store.

not sure if i am going to use 100 grams of grief into 100 grams of butter to make cannabutter, as recommended by the recipe i read.

do some of you get into this sort of stuff, edibles? now, i'm interested....

sambapati

sambapati

this is what caused alarm yesterday.

View attachment 1038499

strata management, remedial repairs, maintenance of the apartment and its exterior.

i do carry a leatherman. he hasn't come down to our level, yet.
Are you going to knock this guy out when he comes by? Is the odor problem noticeable from other planets? You need a CCTV set up on your porch and I mean yesterday....

sambapati

sambapati

soooooo, cannabutter, huh.

i've been throwing out the green matter, if i'm not using it for cuttings or to dry, to smoke. from now, i'm gonna keep some of this fresh green matter, thinking of making a batch of this cannabutter using 'grief' (my language for leave & tips).

i do occasionally don the apron, and do the cooking - while still doing the hard lifting, got my speciality dishes.

looks simple enuff to make - decarboxylate, or “decarb” the green material first in the oven, then mix the butter & water & decarb material into a saucepan to simmer on low heat for a couple of hours, strain thru a cheesecloth, separate the water from settling cannabutter, then jar & store.

not sure if i am going to use 100 grams of grief into 100 grams of butter to make cannabutter, as recommended by the recipe i read.

do some of you get into this sort of stuff, edibles? now, i'm interested....
Makes may more sense than trying to smoke sugar leaves....they are only to be vaped. Honey slides are quite nice, learned them from Neil Young.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Are you going to knock this guy out when he comes by? Is the odor problem noticeable from other planets? You need a CCTV set up on your porch and I mean yesterday....

it's a minor and temporary inconvenience, this apartment maintenance works - another week, and it should be back to Business As Usual.

the balconies are secure - neighbours can't have a peak, the street level is far enough for traffic not to notice, balconies are not overseen by towering nearby apartments.

the ODOUR seems to have peaked, just after the harvest, drying & curing - and now settled down to a lower scent level, though now my paranoia is heightened. regardless of the lower odour strength, i'm still employing countermeasures in tackling odour.

i just had some of my orders cancelled, after the retailer took my money, then they came back to say they don't have stock.

sambapati

sambapati

it's a minor and temporary inconvenience, this apartment maintenance works - another week, and it should be back to Business As Usual.

the balconies are secure - neighbours can't have a peak, the street level is far enough for traffic not to notice, balconies are not overseen by towering nearby apartments.

the ODOUR seems to have peaked, just after the harvest, drying & curing - and now settled down to a lower scent level, though now my paranoia is heightened. regardless of the lower odour strength, i'm still employing countermeasures in tackling odour.

i just had some of my orders cancelled, after the retailer took my money, then they came back to say they don't have stock.
Really impressed with the Hitachi air purifier I got last week for the bedroom. It has FAT (Fart Absorbing Technology)...

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Really impressed with the Hitachi air purifier I got last week for the bedroom. It has FAT (Fart Absorbing Technology)...

which Hitachi model in particular? let me have a look at it! my farts smell sweet to me, that's the problem.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

this 5-gallon fabric pot, housed 2 plants - one of which i culled last week, as it was stunted and it was about to go fuller into her flowering phase.

20201003 133252z

i knew that this was the risk when i placed her out of the grow area with the artificial lighting, into the the lounge room under natural sunlight conditions, late winter. so, a small portion of the plant developed small nuggets (full of white pistils) - while the rest of the plant is threatening to flower, and also showing signs of (re)vegetation. she is a little confused with the changes in her growing conditions.

the other lesson is to avoid 2 plants in a single pot - especially 2 different varieties. the reason for 2 plants in a single pot was about a matter of real estate.

20201003 132959z

still, it's all part of my evil plans - where is our cat, so i can stroke him?

20201003 133010z

i plan to get this plant back into vegetation, now designated to be grown on the small balcony for the upcoming outdoor 2020/21 grow season.

20201003 133039z

i pruned some of the small nuggets, hoping to promote it back towards vegetative grow. These clippings are been dried, to be cured, then stored - until i got enuff to do some cooking. 100 grams target, then off to the supermarket to buy 100 grams of unsalted butter.

20201003 133024z

i regard this plant as my seedling, at the end of the 1st month of spring.

20201003 133006z
Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

this 5-gallon fabric pot, housed 2 plants - one of which i culled last week, as it was stunted and it was about to go fuller into her flowering phase.

View attachment 1038710

i knew that this was the risk when i placed her out of the grow area with the artificial lighting, into the the lounge room under natural sunlight conditions, late winter. so, a small portion of the plant developed small nuggets (full of white pistils) - while the rest of the plant is threatening to flower, and also showing signs of (re)vegetation. she is a little confused with the changes in her growing conditions.

the other lesson is to avoid 2 plants in a single pot - especially 2 different varieties. the reason for 2 plants in a single pot was about a matter of real estate.

View attachment 1038705

still, it's all part of my evil plans - where is our cat, so i can stroke him?

View attachment 1038707

i plan to get this plant back into vegetation, now designated to be grown on the small balcony for the upcoming outdoor 2020/21 grow season.

View attachment 1038709

i pruned some of the small nuggets, hoping to promote it back towards vegetative grow. These clippings are been dried, to be cured, then stored - until i got enuff to do some cooking. 100 grams target, then off to the supermarket to buy 100 grams of unsalted butter.

View attachment 1038708
20201003 160741
20201003 212440
20201003 160720
Thid is only for medicinal and hobby purposes.Stay vigilant and such.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

my single-pot DIY DWC in a 20 litre bucket. i think she is of mango-kush variety, not blackberry kush.

20201006 205453

this was an experiment, and despite the blemishes, so far, so good.

20201006 205459

the leaves are a little curled upwards on the edges, so she needs a little more attention, a little tweak.

20201006 205517

i haven't been paying much attention to this baby, i change her reservoir every fortnight. i guess what the nutrient level is, guess how much Canna Aqua A + B, Cannazym, Go-Green Cal-Mag to add, and adjust the pH to around 5.8 - the TDS is around 400 PPM, presently. I've been increasing this TDS gradually to this 400 PPM, again just guesswork.

20201006 205524

this DIY DWC started off as an experiment - i had plans of moving her out from under the T5 fluorescent, to outdoor growing conditions (within the apartment), in early or mid-December, to grow out for the remaining outdoor grow season. i'm rethinking about this initial plan.

and it all started with an experiment...

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

my single-pot DIY DWC in a 20 litre bucket. i think she is of mango-kush variety, not blackberry kush.

View attachment 1040269

this was an experiment, and despite the blemishes, so far, so good.

View attachment 1040270

the leaves are a little curled upwards on the edges, so she needs a little more attention, a little tweak.

View attachment 1040271

i haven't been paying much attention to this baby, i change her reservoir every fortnight. i guess what the nutrient level is, guess how much Canna Aqua A + B, Cannazym, Go-Green Cal-Mag to add, and adjust the pH to around 5.8 - the TDS is around 400 PPM, presently. I've been increasing this TDS gradually to this 400 PPM, again just guesswork.

View attachment 1040272

this DIY DWC started off as an experiment - i had plans of moving her out from under the T5 fluorescent, to outdoor growing conditions (within the apartment), in early or mid-December, to grow out for the remaining outdoor grow season. i'm rethinking about this initial plan.

and it all started with an experiment...
Lots of care for the lucky plants benign neglect be damned.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i re-potted into her final pot, last week - must be 5+ gallons.

20201007 214649z MK10

i tied down her down in a few places, truly unruly shaped.

20201007 214715z

she is going to be one of the main plants for my upcoming outdoor season grow.

20201007 214659z

i classify her as my seedling, one month into spring.

20201007 214659z

i was going to make her a motherplant, she is of mango kush variety. now, keen to grow her out.

20201007 214703z

yup. not sure where she fits, into the garden....

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your feeding, back off a bit your leaf tips are slightly burned.

TheKushie

TheKushie

i re-potted into her final pot, last week - must be 5+ gallons.

View attachment 1040750

i tied down her down in a few places, truly unruly shaped.

View attachment 1040753

she is going to be one of the main plants for my upcoming outdoor season grow.

View attachment 1040751

i classify her as my seedling, one month into spring.

View attachment 1040751

i was going to make her a motherplant, she is of mango kush variety. now, keen to grow her out.

View attachment 1040752

yup. not sure where she fits, into the garden....
You should flower her and take cuts at week 2 so you'll have monster crop clones then grow that beast out. Most Kush variety are worth saving

zebrausa

zebrausa

End of year grow three weeks old. I'm starting my flowering on 10/17. I should harvest beginning to middle of Jan. I'm cutting clones just before flowering. I agree with everything said and would like to add that different strains need more or less nutrients/water. Experience is the best teacher IMO. My Colombian gold hates water and nutrients. (Notice the leaf curling? Is this because of over watering or is it the nutrients? It's the water! My PH metering was reading acid when it should have read base. When I PH corrected the water last week, it started growing like a weed.) On the other hand, My Peyote Gorilla loves water and fertilizer. I could water it everyday. Growing plants with extremely different nutrient requirements presents challenges but if you watch your plants closely, you'll be ok. Just listen to what your plants are telling you.

20201007 075419
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

You should flower her and take cuts at week 2 so you'll have monster crop clones then grow that beast out. Most Kush variety are worth saving

yup. this thought has crossed my mind, many times.

and i have been avoiding this elephant in the room, i simply don't have enuff grow space. while there are plans to expand with the additional of the second tent, i might need to do an extreme cull (and I don't like doing this), to get the numbers (plants) down - this plant will stay in the garden, i will make room for her, somewhere, somehow.

i've kept my activities and operations so quiet, i don't know anyone to give some clones to. bugger.

holding off any such 'rationalisation' of my grow, already juggling to hold on.... i need beer, to think clearer.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

here is an illustration of what experience is, well, for me.

20191005 162155

one year ago, this was my best prospect for the then upcoming outdoor season grow.

one year later, this is where i am at, with my largest plant, at the same stage of the outdoor grow season.

20201007 214649z MK10

i might be ahead of schedule this year.

see the contrast in results, this is experience measured.

even if i have only had one major harvest in this one year timeframe, things might be looking up, hey. just gotta keep it together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom