My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zebrausa

zebrausa

Day 10 for these 2 plants, covered from 7 pm to 7 am. and it's a L O N G way, to the shop for a sausage roll!

i am not going to fight what they want to do - they want to flower, so let them, even try to encourage them to do so.

View attachment 1046026

one plant gets boxed up, tuck her into bed every night at 7 pm.

also decided to dedicate one, if not both of these plants, to manufacturing edibles - starting with canna caps and tincture. the struggler of these two plants is going to be harvested, to be used to make these edibles.

View attachment 1046028

my plan now is to grow one plant every crop/batch, to dedicate to manufacturing edibles.
I was going to do hash with one plant each grow but I moved on from that. I'm going to build me a he shed within a couple of months so I have a place to do my culturing to expand my portfolio, and polish my cloning techniques. I have > 90% success rate right now. I also want to develop unicorns. Great job btw, your grow looks wonderful! I like narrow leaf weed. I'm growing a combo narrow and broad leaf this grow. I usually grow the narrow leaf because I like the energy.

sambapati

sambapati

i did JUMP the GUN.

made the plan, now its onto the preparation phase. and it gained its own momentum, a big snowball running downhill with some velocity, though it is to bog down now waiting for the next small harvest.

the thought was sown about a week ago, and now this seed is growing into a monster - well, i hope it becomes a Frankenstein.

View attachment 1046029

during my grocery shop, i had a bit of resistance from my partner about cooking oil - where she asked me 'why extra virgin coconut oil?'.

my partner's total confusion as to why i was looking for powdered or liquid, then buying the granulated lecithin at the supermarket - more resistance.

is it just today, or is it about my ideas?

View attachment 1046033

then this argument continued in the bottle shop, when i asked the shop keeper for some Polmos Spirytus Rektyfikowany (i can't pronounce it, hard to pronounce, not easy to drink!) - i told them Bundy Overproof nor Bicardi 151 will not do. went to another bottle shop, where he didn't even understand what rectified alcohol is - i.e. pure grain alcohol. i told the shop keeper to google it.

you don't have a neat shot of this Polmos Spirytus Rektyfikowany. anyway, gonna order it online, as there isn't any local bottle shop stocking this dangerous stuff.

View attachment 1046030

couldn't find any mason jars with its 'proper' lid (the rim around the neck) in brick & mortar local shops, amazed that they seem to have every other glassware. so, ordered them online.

i don't trust our oven's temperature - so i got one of these....

View attachment 1046032

also ordered online hundreds of gelatine 00-sized capsules, and a capsule filling machine with its tamper.

View attachment 1046034

and then JUMPED the GUN, and bought this MB2e.

View attachment 1046031

canna caps & tincture, my breaking bad.

now, i do have a stash left from recent harvest. however, plan is to decarboxylate these 2 flowering plants when they are harvested - hopefully, early December. maybe a New Year's Eve session where we cook the first batch of edibles.

i have a reason to live, now.
I have plans late December so not sure if I can make it to the party...sounds like putting visqueen on the floor and rolling about will be SOP. Jealous...

sambapati

sambapati

Looks like too much watering to me and not strong enough light. I would replant to 2 inch below the leaves. jmo
That is exactly what I did....crossing fingers...not sure what I did wrong because I am stupid AF. I don't have access to all the gizmos and juice you guys -- but no excuses period. Full stop. Thanks for your advice...it just takes a few plants to survive me ineptitude

sambapati

sambapati

cutting took about a month ago.

View attachment 1041663

one lot of cuttings decided to bud out first, rather than vegetating. and they smell.

View attachment 1041664

so, cuttings taken at different growth stage, creates different growth patterns on the clones....anyway, this post is for my benefit.

anyway, i want to keep at least one of the budding-then-later-re-vegetating clones, so i can keep this Blackberry Kush strain with a motherplant. not sure where the others are going to fit in my grow.

i am bracing myself for the day, when i say 'stuff all this'. frankly, i don't have many solutions, and i don't like the option i'm heading towards.

this is what you get, when you bite more than you can chew.
You have this...don't stress

zebrausa

zebrausa

That is exactly what I did....crossing fingers...not sure what I did wrong because I am stupid AF. I don't have access to all the gizmos and juice you guys -- but no excuses period. Full stop. Thanks for your advice...it just takes a few plants to survive me ineptitude

No juice here brother. I squirt one spray from a regular spray bottle that you can buy at home depot about every couple of days when watering seedlings. The soil looks dry, but it is not. In your case, I would spray two sprays so your stem does not dry out. I use master blend for everything. Mist the leaves too. I alternate ro water with weak fertilizer water with vitamins for a few days at first. First pic taken 9/24/20. Second Pic taken 10/7/20.
IMG 20200924 044231551
I started raising my light so they would start stretching.
20201007 075419 1

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Let the ones for edibles grow until they look completely dead, this will make more "stoney" edibles

that is what i'm after, "stoney" edibles, i wanna trip out.

You make the strongest edibles from kief and concentrate. Make decarbd shatter first and then mix it with decarbd kief for strong edible caps. That mb machine will work but not make blow your mind strong ones.

okay. i do want several different forms of edibles - canna caps, cannabutter, tinctures and more. variety is also what i'm after, but i do want it strong.

I bought the MB2e machine because of its convenience - rather than slaving over the stove, or keeping an eye on the oven. and i am now interested in topics such as bubble hash....

You don't bullshit about what you say your going to do! Are you going to grind to dust then put in capsules? Keep in mind, when you concentrate weed, you concentrate and other impurities ie, pesticides etc. I would like to gravitate toward making edibles. Hopefully, you can teach us some of your techniques.

there are dry-canna-caps and wet-canna-caps - leaning towards wet. that's what the coconut oil is for.

i'm interested in edibles and other forms of consumption - and i figured the only way to find out what its all about, is to give it a go yourself. it's not exactly a topic i can raise freely in public. you never know unless you go - and it's either get into it or don't even bother turning up at all.

plus i have nobody near who can physically share knowledge. i can't exactly go to a store or cooking classes. and there is no point in reading up, if you don't apply such acquired knowledge.

like this thread, i probably can teach you what not to do, thru my trials & errors. but i want to share my experience - be it that i teach you what not to do, or have you give me proper advice to correct my waywardness or even that i might teach someone how to do it.

you gotta either put your money where your mouth is, or shut up. after a while, there's only so much you can talk and read.

like many things we do here, it seems like it could be fun to do.

and it gives me another reason to live.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

that is what i'm after, "stoney" edibles, i wanna trip out.

okay. i do want several different forms of edibles - canna caps, cannabutter, tinctures and more. variety is also what i'm after, but i do want it strong.

I bought the MB2e machine because of its convenience - rather than slaving over the stove, or keeping an eye on the oven. and i am now interested in topics such as bubble hash....

there are dry-canna-caps and wet-canna-caps - leaning towards wet. that's what the coconut oil is for.

i'm interested in edibles and other forms of consumption - and i figured the only way to find out what its all about, is to give it a go yourself. it's not exactly a topic i can raise freely in public. you never know unless you go - and it's either get into it or don't even bother turning up at all.

plus i have nobody near who can physically share knowledge. i can't exactly go to a store or cooking classes. and there is no point in reading up, if you don't apply such acquired knowledge.

like this thread, i probably can teach you what not to do, thru my trials & errors. but i want to share my experience - be it that i teach you what not to do, or have you give me proper advice to correct my waywardness or even that i might teach someone how to do it.

you gotta either put your money where your mouth is, or shut up. after a while, there's only so much you can talk and read.

like many things we do here, it seems like it could be fun to do.

and it gives me another reason to live.
Eddies also can last much longer than dry herb. I'm partial to chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies w/weed...

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Let the ones for edibles grow until they look completely dead, this will make more "stoney" edibles

we lost this battle - these clones insisted on budding out, while I insisted on keeping them in vegetative.

20201022 080249

learned my lesson, next time, just let it bud out.

20201022 113947

like i am doing with a couple of these other clones. i cover them from 7 pm to 7 am. i accept whatever they yield.

and it gives me idea of taking clones of flowering motherplants in mid- to late winter, and bud out these clones in early outdoor season, matter of timing.

20201022 182423

anyway, gonna use such failed clones to decarboxylate....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yeah, changed its reservoir, last changed fortnight ago - 12 litres of water (left 24 hours to sit), 17 mls of Canna Aqua A + B, 12 mls Cal-Mag, 24 mls Cannazym and it measured at 500 PPM and pH 5.8

20201020 223327

and that's it.

20201020 223333

should i do more?

20201020 223339

i pruned some of the lower thin growth, trim her some more later.

sambapati

sambapati

yeah, changed its reservoir, last changed fortnight ago - 12 litres of water (left 24 hours to sit), 17 mls of Canna Aqua A + B, 12 mls Cal-Mag, 24 mls Cannazym and it measured at 500 PPM and pH 5.8

View attachment 1046837

and that's it.

View attachment 1046838

should i do more?

View attachment 1046839

i pruned some of the lower thin growth, trim her some more later.
Methinks that is turning into a monster. Save all that trim for your cooking project? I think yes...

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

she is the leader of the pack, the family head.

20201024 174631

still sticking to the planto grow her out during this outdoor 2020/21 season.

i'm starting to struggle with her, due to her size, running out of room in my vege area, which is a good thing.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

those clones which insisted on budding out.

20201022 080257

good to see how developed its roots were.

20201024 170330

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

got a target date in mind, and its a day when i get to 'rationalise' my overgrown garden.

Capture summer solstice 2020 australia

it's an annual anniversary thing, where plants are placed to absorb the natural sunlight & conditions of the outdoor 2020/21 grow season. it's some 6 weeks away, plenty of time for the plants to grow in their vegetative phase.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

20201031 081511

3 weeks, i have been covering these 2 plants at 7 pm, tucking them into bed every night, and uncovered at 7 am, every day.

20201031 081519

my hands were forced, now i'm happy to have made this decision to promote their flowering and harvest early in this outdoor season.

happy that in about 6 weeks, these plants will make way for others to fill their places, rotation cycle. happy to set a goal of using their harvests to 'manufacture' some canna-caps and tinctures. happy that i had nursed these 2 plants many times in & out of ICU.

20201031 081529

i don't expect much yield from these 2 plants, happy with whatever they produce.

20201031 081535

these 2 plants flowering early in the outdoor season was not by design - i'm thinking of doing this proper next year, get multiple harvests during the entire outdoor grow season from spring to autumn, including flowering/harvesting in early and middle of the outdoor grow season.

lesson learned...

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

she's my little baby, my seedling.

20201102 214928z

she is going off, she dominates my garden, she is now too big to fit into my small tent. She is outgrowing the vegetative grow area with its T5 light fixture.

20201102 215034z

she is heavy, even challenging.

and she is starting to put out, i can smell her more frequently recently.

20201102 215112z

she needs to move to a new home, soon.

sambapati

sambapati

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

instead, i'm now on a hunt for a second tent.

and another LED light.

not going to happen, until maybe early next year, 2 months.

i am thinking of dimensions along 0.8 m (W) x 0.8 m (L) x 2.0 m (H) or up to 1 m x 1 m square area. first decide on the tent, before deciding on light.

creating a list of what and what price, etc..

Latest posts

Top Bottom