My ez clone officially sucks

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I've had a bunch of colones in it for 2 weeks now, and only one of them has one littly bitty root. It's been getting worse and worse every run, so I officially give up. But I have a problem... I have a good amount of cuts in the system and don't wanna lose em... Can I take em out of the cloner and throw em in rockwool w/o issue?

Thanks in advance.

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

CLONEKING!!!!!

Same sorta machine,i get 100% every time,so im thinkin either its different or your not cleaning every 2 weeks with BLEACH!
a capfull is all ya need,never had a prob an id recomend them to anyone who lives in a HOT area!
Clones great up to 85 degreese an you have NO dang plug left around your stalk after...plugs only mess up the stalks if not dry..

Just fill it with water,mine holds 2 gallons,throw some bleach in it,then throw all the plugs an wash them between the cracks good,place them in their designated spots on the board an start the machine run for an hour or so,an dump water out,replace water an you GOOD TO GO.....
BLEACH THEM SUCKERS EVERY 2 WEEKS,100% cloning action every time,cant beat them!!!!!
Lg

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Keeping it clean is a must! I get 100% with my 60 site ez cloner. Clean clean clean!

Yes most important ! But if prob zone will clean and save your clones ..not intended for lazyness though... i got it from water bacteria...

N

noone88

I used to clone exclusively with aerocloners, specifically the powercloner from Botanicare. Sterilization is the key. You have use hot water and bleach between cleanings. Take the neoprene collars and throw them into your washer with bleach as well.

Use a cloning solution plus botanicare hydroguard. Make sure the water temps are between 70-74 (ambient temp). I was seeing approximately 90% strikethrough rate before we switched back to rockwool plugs.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

You might be able to re-cut the clones and stab them into rockwool... I've done it once, make sure your cutting tool is super sterile!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I used to clone exclusively with aerocloners, specifically the powercloner from Botanicare. Sterilization is the key. You have use hot water and bleach between cleanings. Take the neoprene collars and throw them into your washer with bleach as well.

Use a cloning solution plus botanicare hydroguard. Make sure the water temps are between 70-74 (ambient temp). I was seeing approximately 90% strikethrough rate before we switched back to rockwool plugs.
I've done that AND used rubbing alcohol AND Physan 20, have yet to find success in my homemade cloner anymore. I've ended up going back to perlite. What I haven't done is treat with antibiotic to see if that can do the trick. I tried to find Pool Shock as outlined in another thread, but all I can find locally is another form than what was mentioned. (I'm drawing such a huge blank on that right now.)

N

noone88

I've done that AND used rubbing alcohol AND Physan 20, have yet to find success in my homemade cloner anymore. I've ended up going back to perlite. What I haven't done is treat with antibiotic to see if that can do the trick. I tried to find Pool Shock as outlined in another thread, but all I can find locally is another form than what was mentioned. (I'm drawing such a huge blank on that right now.)

Cloning is still just some voodoo magic hah. I'm horrible at rockwool plugs, but i'm good with rapidrooters. But any change in temp/humidity/THE FUCKIN MOON can affect my cloning success ratio.

I definitely helps if you have a temp/humidity controlled room for cloning.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I've had a bunch of colones in it for 2 weeks now, and only one of them has one littly bitty root. It's been getting worse and worse every run, so I officially give up. But I have a problem... I have a good amount of cuts in the system and don't wanna lose em... Can I take em out of the cloner and throw em in rockwool w/o issue?

Thanks in advance.
Hey bro. I hate to see people struggle with clones. I'm going to just give u the easiest no fail method. Not saying it's the best but can't be any easier. Get ur self some Coco. Do the whole rinse with Phd water and a little cal mag. Cut ur clone use some gel powder or whatever solution u want if u want Cuz u don't have to. Stick ur clone in the Coco. Use a dome or not. Just keep the Coco moist and in a few days to a week u have a healthy thriving clone. Never ever lost a clone. Some bros on here can attest to this method as well. Good luck.

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Cleanliness is key in a aero cloner. Wipe everything down with bleach and water rinse. Run the pump and manifold without the spray heads to flush any plant debris that might be in the manifold. Clean each spray head with a pipe cleaner or twist tie so that nothing is clogging the sprayer heads. Run pump and manifold w/sprayers with plain water and let it dry out.
IMO once your water temps get above 70-72 ur success rate drops. I try to stay between 66-68
try what sensicloud says put the pump on a 15/15 on off timer. I also always use a smaller pump than what it comes with from the factory. I use around 256gph for the 120 site ez-clone.

Last edited:
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Sorry guys... I forgot to mention that I use teas and bennies in my cloner, so bacteria and cleanliness shouldn't be a problem.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Are you running the ex clone 24-7? Everyone I know uses them with a timer, put the pump for 15 on 15 off works amazing

Yeah, but like I said, it worked great initially, just kinda went to shit as of late.

Tnelz

Tnelz

maybe try no teas and just plain water until roots are formed then add bennies or dyna bloom.
I'd say that's exactly what u should do. Tap water and maybe some rapid start. Did u always clone with teas in the Aero cloner? Used to Aero clone myself and never did it that way. It would make me nervous. Well Coco is easier but if u must use an Aero I'd go back to just water. Good luck either way though bro.

Tmb

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I'd say that's exactly what u should do. Tap water and maybe some rapid start. Did u always clone with teas in the Aero cloner? Used to Aero clone myself and never did it that way. It would make me nervous. Well Coco is easier but if u must use an Aero I'd go back to just water. Good luck either way though bro.

Tmb

Thanks for the advice (you too, diesel). And yeah, I've always used teas. They worked wonderfully, and I'm really stumped on why I'm having issues all of a sudden. It doesn't even matter though, I just need to get these rooted in anything really. I can't put em in party cups of coco. I'm gonna need the rootball to fit neatly into 2'' net pots after they're rooted so I don't see how coco would work unless there are coco pucks or plugs or something...

Latest posts

Top Bottom