My ez clone officially sucks

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've tried H202, and isopropyl alcohol, and Physan 20 and even beneficials, and for a while I have not been able to get *anything* to grow roots or do much of anything except rot in the rings. I picked up some sodium hydroxide as it was the closest thing to Pool Shock I could find. I could use the swimming pool rates I suppose, but would that really be effective against whatever is living in the equipment?

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Your water temp is not 68-71... Are your heads rotting brown?
I even replaced those collars periodically. And even to this day I use the root riot humidity dome thing

Last edited:
QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Dewey Mister and air pump is all you need. Pull out the water pump and manifold and could still use the same container. Love mine so far and gives great roots! No water pump = low heat = roots

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know, I was gonna jump on the Dewey train, but the customer service wasn't what I'd hoped for, so I've held back.
Your water temp is not 68-71... Are your heads rotting brown?
I even replaced those collars periodically. And even to this day I use the root riot humidity dome thing
No, I get a slime that starts at the cut. Mine is a homemade cloner, I'd have to spend some time cutting and sanding down a bunch of little bits of PVC and since it's almost just as easy to clone in perlite, that's what I've been doing.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

^spray the cut tips with a water bottle and wash off slime. I do that anyways around a week

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

What do you mean by that? Jeff has been nothing but helpful to me and is very responsive. @Seamaiden regardless, its a great product that can stand on its own.

indonesia

indonesia

Hey bro. I hate to see people struggle with clones. I'm going to just give u the easiest no fail method. Not saying it's the best but can't be any easier. Get ur self some Coco. Do the whole rinse with Phd water and a little cal mag. Cut ur clone use some gel powder or whatever solution u want if u want Cuz u don't have to. Stick ur clone in the Coco. Use a dome or not. Just keep the Coco moist and in a few days to a week u have a healthy thriving clone. Never ever lost a clone. Some bros on here can attest to this method as well. Good luck.
eyy man, i have an ezcloner, but havent used it in a while, ever since i gave cocoa a shot. my cloner has hard water stains in it. ive cleaned it with bleach several times, bought new neoprene, tried using an antibacterial while rooting. nothing worked after the first few runs in it so i gave it up. I want to use it. i ran it with a timer as well. My question is what light if any do you clone with and you run for 24hr or 18/6?

Tnelz

Tnelz

eyy man, i have an ezcloner, but havent used it in a while, ever since i gave cocoa a shot. my cloner has hard water stains in it. ive cleaned it with bleach several times, bought new neoprene, tried using an antibacterial while rooting. nothing worked after the first few runs in it so i gave it up. I want to use it. i ran it with a timer as well. My question is what light if any do you clone with and you run for 24hr or 18/6?
Just saying this to say it but u will have more survivors and an easier time with the Coco. But Aero is just fine. When I used my Aero cloner I used one cool and one warm 23 Watt CFL. U could even go with just one. Don't need a ton of light. Just my opinion but I had about a 90% success rate with my cloning bucket. Haven't lost one with Coco. Just for the record sometimes it takes a while with the bucket. Don't get discouraged brother! Good luck.

Tmb

indonesia

indonesia

Just saying this to say it but u will have more survivors and an easier time with the Coco. But Aero is just fine. When I used my Aero cloner I used one cool and one warm 23 Watt CFL. U could even go with just one. Don't need a ton of light. Just my opinion but I had about a 90% success rate with my cloning bucket. Haven't lost one with Coco. Just for the record sometimes it takes a while with the bucket. Don't get discouraged brother! Good luck.

Tmb
24 hour light was my main question? when i ran 24 hours i had %100 success but it seems like its taking longer now that im giving 18/6 a shot just to save some energy. they look really healthy but its day 21 now...... might have to just run 24 cuz thats the only real difference i can think of

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Always include a dark period during clone and veg, the dark reactions taking place are required for proper occurrence of the Krebs/citric acid cycle and significantly aid in root production. copied from @desertsquirrel

Tnelz

Tnelz

24 hour light was my main question? when i ran 24 hours i had %100 success but it seems like its taking longer now that im giving 18/6 a shot just to save some energy. they look really healthy but its day 21 now...... might have to just run 24 cuz thats the only real difference i can think of
Have never run 24 brother. I'm 18/6 or 20/4. But you should do whatever works best for u. I agree with dieseldawg2480 but if u have had luck with 24 before by all means.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Like bongo said. Get a 15/15 timer and time your pump 15 min on 15 min off to keep temps in range, run straight RO with a half cup of caps tea mixed in. After 4 days add another half cup of caps bennies. Keep t5 3' from clones until roots appear, than gradually lower your t5 firing up more bulbs as roots progress. I used an aero cloner for awhile but went back to rockwool,not as hard to get to stand up correctly freshly after transplant.

Trich king

Trich king

Get a clone bucket. Clonebucket.com, best 80 I ever spent. 100% everytime just make sure to bleach after each run!

Trich king

Trich king

You know, I was gonna jump on the Dewey train, but the customer service wasn't what I'd hoped for, so I've held back.
i made cloner w/a 5g bucket, some 1/2" black hose & 4 180° sprayers. Just made a ring about 5-6" below lid w/sprayers pointed up. Hook up a 150gph pump & put 2" collars in the lid, 100% everytime.

No, I get a slime that starts at the cut. Mine is a homemade cloner, I'd have to spend some time cutting and sanding down a bunch of little bits of PVC and since it's almost just as easy to clone in perlite, that's what I've been doing.

CocoCola

CocoCola

y Bro, check all the part on your machine

Hey Indo. ...I had trouble with my cloner for a while and then discovered there was a crack in my pump such that it wasn't getting comlpetely sterilized. Check all your parts and make sure there isn't a place where bad bacteria/fungus can fester and not get completely destroyed during your sterilization cycle.

I agree with you that replacing collars is important. I now use sterilizable cloning collars (calle PermaClone) that can be baked or pressure cooked in between cloning cycles so you don't have to replace them.

Anyhow, still, check your pump. I replaced my pump andend my infection problem....and also believe people need to replace their collars from time-to-time.

I

ilaughlast

youre harboring bacteria in the crud you cant see inside. they go down hill. bleach doesnt help. run muriatic acid diluted through like they do in fishtank rezs and then do the erythromiacin traetment youll have a brand new cloner. change your neoprene too.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I soak my sprayer heads in pond cleaner and run bleach water through the system without heads to flush out the manifold. Then replace heads and run system for longer with bleach. Neoprenes get bleach scrubbed and soaked in 150 degree water before going back on cloner, and replaced every other cloning. It doesn't matter what I put in the water, keeping PH below 6.0 with a strong acid (usually just have to ph correct twice with tap water otherwise use a stronger acid) and keeping water temps low (pump only running 20-50% of the time) gets me clones in about a week and a half. Fresh air exchange is also very important...nothing will grow in stagnant air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom