My ez clone officially sucks

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

Root them in 2" net pots filled with coco. After root tips begin showing move the net pots into what ever system you plan to use for veg and bloom

Clean/sterile-ish is better on unrooted cuts, especially in an active aeroponic environment. Start with your bennie inoculations after roots form, and thoroughly clean your ez cloner between each batch of clones. You picked up something... an algae, a fungus, some nasty bacteria... Deal with the unwelcome guests, and you will have a useful ez cloner again.

Happy 4/20 and good luck dude.

ps- I notice a few guys signing their posts 'tmb'... I'll bite... what is this?

Last edited:
ftwendy

ftwendy

Also worth noting is the fact that most bennies die off in a high pressure environment (anything over 70psi iirc??).... eg: your impeller driven pump is not helping your colony of bennies.

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

Forgot to add....

My cloner is on a 20/4 lighting,timer same as my
moms and revegging all hooked up together!!!!!
4 hours of the pump being off lets shit settle to the
bottom and your pump an nosles dont get clogged..
Peace,Lg

juggernaut

juggernaut

I change the water every 3 days. takes 5 mins.
Don't use earth juice ph down adds a week to your clone cycle.
I love it.
Also ditch the air pump.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks for the advice (you too, diesel). And yeah, I've always used teas. They worked wonderfully, and I'm really stumped on why I'm having issues all of a sudden. It doesn't even matter though, I just need to get these rooted in anything really. I can't put em in party cups of coco. I'm gonna need the rootball to fit neatly into 2'' net pots after they're rooted so I don't see how coco would work unless there are coco pucks or plugs or something...
I haven't tried them but there are Coco plugs. My next clone run will start in a tray of Coco plugs. But if it's not going to work for ya it's cool. Just a really easy way to do it. Good luck bro.

Tmb

Pisces

Pisces

Root Riots for the Win….100% results everytime!

I usually have roots showing within days and fully exploded within a week to 10 days.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
M
Root Riots for the Win….100% results everytime!

I usually have roots showing within days and fully exploded within a week to 10 days.
Yah I use humbolt roots. As soon as roots show. Good luck. Is that ww smelly?
Gold zone .. gets rid of bacteria slime .12 hrs gone ..roots clean ..like new.

Last edited:
FiveAM

FiveAM

soak cubes in 15 ml of clonex solution to 1 gal of RO for 1 hour.

PH 5.8 / EC 0.7

cut, scrape, stick and literally forget.

come back 6 days later….roots.

water again with clonex solution and by the next day I have this…..

So, in 6 days you have watered 2x?

Pisces

Pisces

sorry, the pic I posted didn't go through Irfanview to erase personal data yet… i'll post it back up in a minute.

Pisces

Pisces

@ FiveAM, If you consider the original soaking of the cubes a watering then yes.

I soak the cubes, stick the cuts…leave alone.
Six days later…..soak again.

Pisces

Pisces

Beautiful roots Medusa….question, how do you blow up pics to make them big like yours….?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Beautiful roots Medusa….question, how do you blow up pics to make them big like yours….?
At the bottom of your pic u have a thumbnail press full....edit on this pg then go to more options ,,below u will find your photo and press full image ..and press saved changes...BAM your in biz..

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Hands down my biggest faults with the ez cloner was the water temp being over 73 degrees... Once it did bam, slow speghetti growth. When I would use (buy) a smaller pump and used a 4 off 1 on timer I had amazing results in 3 days and the roots are clearly different (really white with a fuzzy thick texture and what looked like a cactus forming from all the roots).

Clean every two weeks, buy a smaller pump to keep the water temp cooler, and get a 15/15 or 4 off/1 on timer. Helps huge amounts and is the only way to get the proper results (3-5 days with beautiful roots)

I also noticed because my ambient temp was hot in the old grow I would prop my cloner on bricks and run a fan blowing air under it. Even throw a pop bottle that has been cleaned and frozen RO water inside to help cool down. I remember having to bad 6 a day at one point (110 degrees)

Medusa has great roots, notice the secondary fish bone like roots, that's what you want. I def notice better runs then others and literally my best runs wouldn't have any spaghetti roots

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How much sodium hydroxide would anyone who's used it put through a cloner? I have a timer that I do 15 on/15off with. The frozen water bottle trick is used by reefkeepers, too, it works pretty well. The bigger the bottle the better.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I'd almost use 30% h202 as I've never used sodium hydroxide... My 8 gal at 30ml

Latest posts

Top Bottom