My First Grow, HELP PLEASE!

• Thread starter JohnBlazr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Hello John. I'm in the fifth week of my first grow too so I know how you're feeling right now. I admire your courage with growing so many plants at your first attempt, and growing autos and photos in the same tent. Good luck to ya!
Hey man, I’ll check your stuff out too, hope yours is going well!
To be honest I was only going to pop a few, but I really liked doing it so I went all in. I’m rarely a 1/2 measures kind of guy . The photos and autos together in the same tent on my first grow may have been a bit of hubris rather than courage though 😅, we”ll see

Eledin

Eledin

To be honest I was only going to pop a few, but I really liked doing it so I went all in. I’m rarely a 1/2 measures kind of guy . The photos and autos together in the same tent on my first grow may have been a bit of hubris rather than courage though 😅, we”ll see
They look healthy, so are you gonna wait til the autos finish to swap to 12-12? 2x300W seems enough to me, just dont put them too close, Im using 2x75 LED bulbs and I need more but I get very generous buds! Youre using a full spectrum light with IR, which tries to imitate sunlight (It lacks UV though, but many would say thats not very relevant or relevant at all). Youre good for grow and flowering but using more red than blue during flowering is said to be good so the additional 2k seems like a good idea.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

They look healthy, so are you gonna wait til the autos finish to swap to 12-12? 2x300W seems enough to me, just dont put them too close, Im using 2x75 LED bulbs and I need more but I get very generous buds! Youre using a full spectrum light with IR, which tries to imitate sunlight (It lacks UV though, but many would say thats not very relevant or relevant at all). Youre good for grow and flowering but using more red than blue during flowering is said to be good so the additional 2k seems like a good idea.
View attachment 1992591
Yes, just hoping I can manage the height of my photos till auto harvest. 2 of them are Amnesia Lemon Sativa, and may grow a bit tall.

Eledin

Eledin

What if you top them? Horizontal space is also a problem? You can tie the branches to the main stem carefully to save space. I do that almost every grow when I top, and when I dont top too, my tent is small so any space I can save is appreciated and sometimes that takes them out of the shade of a fan leave.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

What if you top them? Horizontal space is also a problem? You can tie the branches to the main stem carefully to save space. I do that almost every grow when I top, and when I dont top too, my tent is small so any space I can save is appreciated and sometimes that takes them out of the shade of a fan leave.
Planning to supercrop and LST all the way, best I can. I’m a newbie, just hope it all works out.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

I topped the runtz about a week ago, they responded well. today I’ll top the Lem. Amnes. and start LST , soon I’ll scrog , and hopefully I’m managing.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Planning to supercrop and LST all the way, best I can. I’m a newbie, just hope it all works out.
Maybe try one at first, doing all that together is a big risk as a newbie and a lot to keep track of in your grow journal. ✌

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
If I were growing autos and photos at the same time in the same space, besides the slight differences in how they're treated, I would flip to 12/12 about 10, maybe 15 days before the autos are ripe and ready to harvest. By that time, the autos are already nearly done, 12/12 won't change anything, but it will let ypu flip the photos a little earlier than if you waited for the autos to be fully done. It might let you flower your photos after 60 days veg instead of 70-75.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

If I were growing autos and photos at the same time in the same space, besides the slight differences in how they're treated, I would flip to 12/12 about 10, maybe 15 days before the autos are ripe and ready to harvest. By that time, the autos are already nearly done, 12/12 won't change anything, but it will let ypu flip the photos a little earlier than if you waited for the autos to be fully done. It might let you flower your photos after 60 days veg instead of 70-75.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Todays Update: 2-4 weeks from seed Second feeding of Biocanna Vega , Biocanna Rhizatonic

Looking a bit droopy, maybe overwatered 👀

I’ve been saturating the medium until run-off, too much?

Feeding appears to have initiated takeoff?

What do y’all think?

Should I top the Amnesia Lemon, low stress training, should I trim anything?

IMG 0094
IMG 0095
IMG 0097
IMG 0099
IMG 0100
IMG 0101
IMG 0102
IMG 0103
IMG 0104
IMG 0105
IMG 0106
IMG 0108
IMG 0109
IMG 0110
IMG 0111
IMG 0112
IMG 0113
IMG 0115
IMG 0118

Ripen

Ripen

Looking good :-)
One thing I notice is that your pots are sitting in stagnant water, that might lead to rootrot.
I've cut some 1/2" sticks out of wood for my pots to sit on, to raise them up. That way they drip excess water off.

rasterman

rasterman

Nah - I do that a lot. Though your yields will be less, they do fine. I try to have an auto or two running constantly. You can stick them anywhere and they're smokable long before your photos are done. I think of it as insurance.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Nah - I do that a lot. Though your yields will be less, they do fine. I try to have an auto or two running constantly. You can stick them anywhere and they're smokable long before your photos are done. I think of it as insurance.
How do they look to you man? Good?

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

One thing I notice is that your pots are sitting in stagnant water, that might lead to rootrot.
I've cut some 1/2" sticks out of wood for my pots to sit on, to raise them up. That way they drip excess water off.
I always let them drain and dump all the water out, I also have fans pointing at the bottom of the fabric pots to dry. If I over-water it’s a lot of work to get it all dry but I’ll continue to do it until I get my watering habits down.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Thanks for the reply and the advice man!

Top Bottom