My First Grow - Multiple Strains from Clones

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Preciate you taking the time to write this out. I can relate btw (I'm a competitive powerlifter) with that struggle.

I do like the idea of automation, I may get there one day. For now just dust it off and keep going. Looks like the buds will still be decent, and if not they've certainly produced enough resin to make some oil or hash after finishing.

Cheers buddy, and I hope you find peace with your pain. I'm currently in my 8th week of physical therapy after my second right knee surgery, a lot of what I'm doing with bud really has to do with pain management and quality of life at this point.
You might have some surprisingly good genetics when you grow out some of those seeds. The plants in general are healthy and vigorous. Filled with trichs you will probably get a nice return from those plants. Grow em out. However, just remember that tent is now pollenated. Keep that in mind for future grows. Let me know if I can help in any way.
burnz

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

You might have some surprisingly good genetics when you grow out some of those seeds. The plants in general are healthy and vigorous. Filled with trichs you will probably get a nice return from those plants. Grow em out. However, just remember that tent is now pollenated. Keep that in mind for future grows. Let me know if I can help in any way.
burnz
The tent is pollinated? So it's likely that if I ran another crop in there they would get pollinated too? Is there no way to sanitize?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ya I’d just clean with a light simple green solution. You’re good. I’m just saying if it happens in the future, you know where it came from.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Day 37 flower

So coming though the other side of this mess it looks like maybe some crops are salvageable? Doesn't look like the Ghost Breath went too badly to seed, the Skywalkers maybe not at all (I don't know how long it takes till you can assume you're in the clear if no more sacs develop) and the Fruity Pebbles look great.

I cut out all the Blackberry Kush and Forbidden Fruit. The Blackberry had sacs on a few nodes, I know I had seen at least one on the Forbidden Fruit and either way the buds on that looked like a giant collection of seeds.

The Sour Diesel is kinda lagging along and I can see now that the plants in front of it have been removed that they were getting choked out by the Forbidden Fruits in front and the Fruity Pebbles behind. They're stunted.

Learning a lot. Next grow will hopefully go a little smoother. The smell and stickyness in my tent is still intoxicating and even though there's clear heat stress damage there's also starting to be some color change with the AC in there. Kinda neat.

Fruity Pebbles OG still frosty as a MF and stank-a-lankin wit some purples coming in:

Skywalker OG getting some blues - the smell is fucking innnnnncredible and very true to what I know for Skywalker terps so I'm excited

Ghost Breath OG with some neato yurples coming in

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk

stp

stp

My first grow last year/this year all four of mine were banging and mid flower they hermied. I used seed from a bag and not store bought, a friend had been growing this just fine outside, so I did four and who knows what I did, but they had issues. My tent is 4x4 and I spent a while chatting with Timber because I drove there to pick up my order, and they were adamant that I would likely need to add CO2 to my tent if I were to go much higher on fixture count/wattage. I run the lights on full speed as soon as I feel like it, the sun doesn't dial back for new seedlings outdoors does it? Right now my 2" sprouts are under about 30% power and that just moved up from 20% a day ago. I will have these things full power as soon as they get a few more solid leaves. I would always run the power full for the majority of the Veg and Flower stages, in fact, once it goes on HIGH, I never turn it down until I turn it off.
I wanted to quit it all and sell my shit after my disaster the first round. I harvested and trimmed everything, got 18 ounces of killer buds. Jar cured it for almost two months wondering what the f should I do with all this seedy weedy, bought some off brand shaker bags, 120 screen frozen crushed buds and ended up with killer kief hash pressed into chips. Sucks to have the balls show up, but I am back again.

I vacuumed tent, removed canister pre filter and washed it, vacuumed charcoal filter, fan, and ducting, wiped it all with clorox wipes and then a damp rag got new plan, new fabric pot for one plant because I did not like having no space around the (4), and I am back on the horse. All this is documented with a lot of killer photos I took at the nugs on my last diary. One of
DSC 0002
my many colas, loaded with seed you can't see in this photo.

Last edited:
stp

stp

And when I saw sacs, I chopped the entire branch, I hacked all the lowers, the tops looked fine...but they were so Fing seedy, like one bong's worth was 10 seeds. The bowl will be more seed sac than bud flower and smoking won't be fun. Plan on dry ice hash if anything at all and start over soon after sterilizing.

Hash
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

So I basically gave up on this grow after the ladies were pollinated followed by multiple heat waves up into the 115 range, accompanied by random power outages. Got pretty down on it. Somehow managed to bring a few accross the finish line so I thought I'd share to close the loop on this thread before I start a new grow and fucking crush it.

So - we harvested on Labor Day (68 days in flower) and ended up with:

2x Ghost Breath OG (2oz dried & trimmed)
2x Fruity Pebbles OG (3oz dried & trimmed)
3x Skywalker OG (4oz dried & trimmed)

The Fruity Pebbles is still the clear stand-out and ended up making some fire bud despite being lightly seeded. Strong limonene and gas terps with heavy trich production. We got 3 ounces of the FPOG and I'm stoked. Here's some pics when she was chopped:

One of the Ghost Breath plants on chop day:

Finished up trimming and jarring the last batches last night
Ghost Breath post-trim (these buds ended up heavily seeded and with a distinctly fruity nose):

FPOG:

End Haul:

Learned a lot, had a great time, made a lot of mistakes. Can't wait for the next crop which I'm feeling very confident about. I'm going to pop my own seeds instead of growing from clones. I'll make a new journal at that time.

Thank you everyone for your input and help through this process, especially @BurnzYzBudZz and @Aqua Man - you guys are the best.

Stay hard everyone.

-BR

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So I basically gave up on this grow after the ladies were pollinated followed by multiple heat waves up into the 115 range, accompanied by random power outages. Got pretty down on it. Somehow managed to bring a few accross the finish line so I thought I'd share to close the loop on this thread before I start a new grow and fucking crush it.

So - we harvested on Labor Day (68 days in flower) and ended up with:

2x Ghost Breath OG (2oz dried & trimmed)
2x Fruity Pebbles OG (3oz dried & trimmed)
3x Skywalker OG (4oz dried & trimmed)

The Fruity Pebbles is still the clear stand-out and ended up making some fire bud despite being lightly seeded. Strong limonene and gas terps with heavy trich production. We got 3 ounces of the FPOG and I'm stoked. Here's some pics when she was chopped:

View attachment 1033861
View attachment 1033862

One of the Ghost Breath plants on chop day:
View attachment 1033863
View attachment 1033864

Finished up trimming and jarring the last batches last night
Ghost Breath post-trim (these buds ended up heavily seeded and with a distinctly fruity nose):
View attachment 1033866

FPOG:
View attachment 1033869

End Haul:

View attachment 1033871
View attachment 1033872

Learned a lot, had a great time, made a lot of mistakes. Can't wait for the next crop which I'm feeling very confident about. I'm going to pop my own seeds instead of growing from clones. I'll make a new journal at that time.

Thank you everyone for your input and help through this process, especially @BurnzYzBudZz and @Aqua Man - you guys are the best.

Stay hard everyone.

-BR
Killer bro. It’s funny I was thinking about your ass earlier today brother.. you start a new one yet? That end product looks killer seeded or not. Great fuckn job. Peep my fucking grow brotha. Fuckn killin’ it. Lemme know if you need some seeds, got some killer shit from Hawaii..

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Killer bro. It’s funny I was thinking about your ass earlier today brother.. you start a new one yet? That end product looks killer seeded or not. Great fuckn job. Peep my fucking grow brotha. Fuckn killin’ it. Lemme know if you need some seeds, got some killer shit from Hawaii..

Thanks man! I'm glad you were thinkin bout lil ol me! Haha - you were def the guy I most wanted to touch base with though. Haven't kicked the next one off yet, but probably will soon. Wanna make sure we're past the last of these heat snaps and I'm thinking bout buying a Gorilla Tent that I can trust not to leak light and run everything at night next run...lot to think about.

I'll go check your grow out for sure man! ....what kinda seeds you working with? :)

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks man! I'm glad you were thinkin bout lil ol me! Haha - you were def the guy I most wanted to touch base with though. Haven't kicked the next one off yet, but probably will soon. Wanna make sure we're past the last of these heat snaps and I'm thinking bout buying a Gorilla Tent that I can trust not to leak light and run everything at night next run...lot to think about.

I'll go check your grow out for sure man! ....what kinda seeds you working with? :)
Honestly, light leaks won’t always lead to hermie plants. I know for a fact I had some last grow, and not a single seed in my crop. Nutrient related stress usually leads to hermie plants. But yes, GGT is my go to for tents. I have a pending claim because the zipper broke after first run and they said send it in when I’m done vegging for new tent. Right now I’m working with Humboldt Seed Companys OG Kush fems and they are fuhking exploding. 2 weeks into flower now, 4 footers. I’ve got a small vault of seeds haha, you’re close, by mail it’ll take 3 days. I’ve got pictures of some of the beans in my pictures. Peep when you have time. I’ll pay postage. Haha

Top Bottom