My First Indoor Setup! Pointers?

• Thread starter gardnguyahoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
all that read that thread be sure to read the whole damn thing.. cause unless you follow graywolf instructions. you are not removing the damn spores!
stop telling people its ok to use budrotted material.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

There is one deadly type of spore that it could be so I guess I just got lucky and you are right it is not worth it. It made really good shatter after I trimmed off the moldy spot. The spot hadnt been there for more than a day but it was the main cola which was like half the plant. I had to chop the whole thing and it was only a week or 10 days from being ready.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

So opinion on drying. I just posted something similar in tnelz t.a.w. but could use all the opinions i can get

Do you think letting your buds dry until the stem makes a "snap" instead of bends is too far? If not, when is a good time to start the cure?

Is a brown paper bag in between cycles really gonna help? I feel like itll take away the smell.

Opinions please. I appreciate your help, thanks again for reading, happy stoney vibes to whoever reads this!

Edit to add: ive read a ton in this subject as well as rewatched a couple old high times grow instructionals and im just trying to figure out if this is bad info or not

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Personally if the stems snap then you've gone too far, but it's not the end of the world. You just have to do some testing on what works best for you, most of my stuff doesn't last 2 weeks in a jar =D unless I'm saving it for a perticular reason.

So I dry til the outside is crispy, big stems are bendy and little stems bend and almost snap (if that makes sense). I clip buds into a 5 gal bucket with a gamma lid then I go ahead and trim them up and put into jars. If there still a little moist I put them on a drying rack for a half hour while I trim. Easy pizzy, I like trimming dry because it's consumable(smokable lol) right away. I've trimmed wet before and had to jar them for at least 2 weeks to cure after there trimmed and dryed because they didn't have the loud smell/and taste afterwords(wet trim).

-lurkin

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I'm slow and start trimming just before the snap, and by the time I finish they're getting a little on the crisp side. Jars after that.
Have you read @clockworx thread on it using the garbage bags. If I had the space I'd probably go that route.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

It was directed at whoever wanted to chime in. So i feel like my first plant is ready, its been about 6 1/2 days since chop in the enviro mentioned before. Feels lightly crispy, but still a little chewy-gooey lol. Turned up humidifier and got them moist ish again and let them dry back out around day 4 now theyre feelim about ready but i dont want to pull them early... I hate overly wet cannabis. I like the thickening dry and cure. Guess just trying my best to keep it high grade my dude

So snap is too far... How do i catch it between snap and bend? Lol sounds confusing... Could you elaborate?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Big stems should bend and collapse not snap, just dry it til it feels crispy and hard. Then jar it, after a few hours burp the jar and you'll see the moisture from the inside of the bud moistened the outside. That's when you start burping the jar, if it's too moist leave the lid off for like 10mins and jar back up. Kinda of a long process at first until you figure out the right time to jar.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Big stems should bend and collapse not snap, just dry it til it feels crispy and hard. Then jar it, after a few hours burp the jar and you'll see the moisture from the inside of the bud moistened the outside. That's when you start burping the jar, if it's too moist leave the lid off for like 10mins and jar back up. Kinda of a long process at first until you figure out the right time to jar.

Word, so i decided to take my first plant to trim and jar today. Got about 2 zips on pot #3 which if is the common look ill hopefully pull a lil over an hp this run. (Rule of thumb for a 400w is HP so i hit my mark, now i get to try n beat it) chem put on a significant amount of weight MORE than ghost og. If i really like this strains effects im considering doing a full run of it and trying to hit closer to 3 qtrs of a lb. However, that said i got plenty of medicine to work with, and it looks to have come out nice and dank. Wish i could digitally pack you a snap for your help @ lurkin

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So opinion on drying. I just posted something similar in tnelz t.a.w. but could use all the opinions i can get

Do you think letting your buds dry until the stem makes a "snap" instead of bends is too far? If not, when is a good time to start the cure?

Is a brown paper bag in between cycles really gonna help? I feel like itll take away the smell.

Opinions please. I appreciate your help, thanks again for reading, happy stoney vibes to whoever reads this!

Edit to add: ive read a ton in this subject as well as rewatched a couple old high times grow instructionals and im just trying to figure out if this is bad info or not
I have found the brown paper bag trick, which was taught to me by my son, to be invaluable. It *really* helps even out moisture.

The cure doesn't start until the bud is properly dried, period. ;) I like my drying to take about two weeks, and I like my cure to be one month minimum, two are better and longer is better still. That's for me though.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I would try those humidi packs but it seems those too are for rich people like gluten free and organic food, unless you are well off the finer things never get purchased because you are broke right after payday. Why are those things so expensive, do they last forever?

Junk

Junk

What sort of studio man?

A music studio. I'd rather not mention the name. I make music, write songs, hip hop beats, rnb, house, lounge anything.

If you watch BET, VH1, or Oxygen (I don't even know what that one is) you may have heard some of my songs, as they all bought some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom