3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Cut sooner, more energetic clear headed
Cut later, more couch lock
To an extent varying by strain and extreme that it is cut early/late
Dead horse

Power OG

Power OG

At least I'm not the only one who doesn't feel like they fit in xD. Sometimes I feel like a leper around here lol; but that's prolly a lot in my head.

With the 2 weeks thing; like Sea, I don't think there's any joking to it either. New growers are pretty much guaranteed to pull to early, unless they have an adviser. Since the old wives tale about amber trichomes doesn't always work; a new grower doesn't really have all the experience / tools to know for sure. Heck, even seasoned growers will often play around with pull dates too and don't expect to find the perfect day on the first run.

Also as Sea pointed out, most plants have a decent "window" for "acceptable" pull times. Guess, thinking about this I still have notes from my first successful run (with pot of gold) and the optimal pull date was one thing I tested in that first go. Sample pieces were taken @ 49, 56, 59, 65, 66, 75, 76, 86 days. 49 had noticeable green flavor (early), 56 had a tiny bit (earliest window), 61 had first visible amber trichomes, 76 still tasted fine, but 86 tasted green again (too late). So, with that particular strain, run and environment; the "window" was about 3 weeks.
Mad love for you brother, definitely not a leper more a Leopard. Mad cool brother @MGRox

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

My man i would never steer you in the wrong direction, i only want to help any and everybody who wants to learn how to grow good clean meds. Being patient and letting the plants fully ripen is one of the hardest things for a new grower in my opinion, be patient your doing great ,your miles ahead of where i was on my 1st indoor grow. I want you to have the absolute Best cannabis in your area, i want you to continue growing 4ever, and ive personally put my hand out to you immediately directed to a thread where you can get answers from many talented guys & girls with different styles. Please trust we we're all new growers and i agree that some sites and also some growers here can be dicks at times and give worthless info but really not common here because of some good mods, so "your so money and you dnt even know it" keep doing great what day you on?

That was an awesome read, and really got me on a good vibe my dude. Thanks for the words of wisdom

Day 74 now g. Almost time for it all to come down.

Junk

Junk

With that in mind, now begins the gardenguy experiment...

I have sample nugs from day 66, 69, of ghost og
Now at day 73 View attachment 539587

Ghost OG pot #3 cut at day 73

I plan to cut pot #2 and #1 between now and day 80.
And i think ill stick with powers advice and chop CD at day 80.

Truthfully, im smoking on my day 66 sample here n there, and while the uncured taste is a little harsh, the buds are strong and super stoney like top shelf from the clinic.:cool:

I haven't read any further than this yet, but I'll wager the day 73 -80 is a good window for that one. I haven't found anything yet that finishes in 8 weeks like some companies say. & I moved my, pretty much light proof tent to the basement (dark down there almost all the time anyway) & put a blanket over the tent. I stood in the tent with the basement lights on, gave myself a few minutes, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, that was with the basement lights ON! There wasn't any light to be leaked, if there was the blanket would cover it. Light would have to miraculously 1. Come on from outside the tent 2. Penetrate the blanket 3. Penetrate the tent 4. after all that, be strong enough to cause a reaction (there were no lights on in the tent, like from a power strip or something)

In a tent almost FULL of "8 week strains" in utter darkness for 12 hours, not one of them finished until day 70. & that one should have gone longer. Most were day 77, some I went to 83.

Now you could say, that the plants didn't want 12/12, that to finish as early as 8 weeks, you would need 11/13. & that is a legitimate statement. The thing is, that run, every single plant was a different strain. 9 plants, all different strains. Only one "10 week" in there. None of them finished in 8 weeks or 9, one finished at 10 because I pulled it, the others at 11, one at 12.

It was too much of a hassle to do the experiment again. 9 different strains at once is a lot to work with for an even canopy.

Maybe the pros are messing with the light cycle, decreasing like in nature, but I have tried that as well. I've tried different lights. I don't see how anyone is getting stuff to finish in 56 days...finished? I have not found that to be the case one single time. Most stuff I have done doesn't even get in the zone until day 30 or so.

So I just stopped counting. I mark the flip date, take my notes as usual, but I have to refer back to the flip date if I want to know. It's done when it's done, what is the point of me getting irritated, or chasing down problems that aren't there. I just stopped paying attention to the days/weeks on the label, & if it's something that has run before by someone, I'll keep in mind how many days they went. Otherwise, I plan on it being 70 or more.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I

It's time in my opinion, chop chop and enjoy.

I chopped one yesterday (day 73) i want to wait and chop throughout the week. Day 75 day 77 and chemdogg on day 80 like you originally suggested. That way i test smoke. Write results. And know for next round. I feel a little greedy at the moment for wanting a top shelf harvest my first go. Feeling right now like i need to earn it. So im gonna put in the work, experiment, and find what works for me.

Thanks again for everything power. I dont know if you know this but i ordered the nftg sampler cause i read you suggest it to another grower. And followed up on the line due to your amazing growlogs full of dankness. That CB bubba... FUUUCKing SO dank.... NEVER salivated over a photo like i did with those. What I'm trying to say is, thanks man, i feel like these buds, my garden, wouldnt be anywhere near as frosty or as dank without your guidance or your help. So i appreciate you treatin me like an equal and telling me straight up, kindness like THAT is hard to come by.
IMG 20150930 203536

Good lookin out my dude. Considering sending you some nuggage to test for me. Tell me what you think

Junk

Junk

I chopped one yesterday (day 73) i want to wait and chop throughout the week. Day 75 day 77 and chemdogg on day 80 like you originally suggested.

When I first saw that pic, I thought it was a live plant & I said to myself, "Yikes, what did he do?"

Then I realized it was upside down hanging to dry & laughed my abs off. (No, really, I had abs before I started laughing, now I'm chubby ;)

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

When I first saw that pic, I thought it was a live plant & I said to myself, "Yikes, what did he do?"

Then I realized it was upside down hanging to dry & laughed my abs off. (No, really, I had abs before I started laughing, now I'm chubby ;)

Hahahaha

Junk

Junk

my garden, wouldnt be anywhere near as frosty or as dank without your guidance or your help

You know, I've been doing this for almost a year & a half, I still don't know what "dank" means?

I'm not immersed in the culture. No one, who is "in" my life uses mmj. The only people (this is actually 100% true) I know who use mmj, are other medical patients. & whenever I talk to them we just talk about growing. I'm older & married, so I don't party at all anymore....the word dank remains a mystery to me.

I suppose I could have looked it up, in about 1/8th of the time (get it, an 8th kkk), but that would not get my now, plainly visible post count up :cool:

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

he only people (this is actually 100% true) I know who use mmj, are other medical patients.

Strike that...at the studio, it's always a blazin, I just don't talk to them about it, nor smoke in front of them. I actually don't smoke at all, I'm a big vape fan. Every time I try smoking again I realize how much more I enjoy vaping. You can really taste the product in my opinion. & it goes a lot further.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

You know, I've been doing this for almost a year & a half, I still don't know what "dank" means?

I'm not immersed in the culture. No one, who is "in" my life uses mmj. The only people (this is actually 100% true) I know who use mmj, are other medical patients. & whenever I talk to them we just talk about growing. I'm older & married, so I don't party at all anymore....the word dank remains a mystery to me.

I suppose I could have looked it up, in about 1/8th of the time (get it, an 8th kkk), but that would not get my now, plainly visible post count up :cool:

Just another way to say, hey...your weed is really good.

Edit to expand on that: its an area thing i believe. People from different places use different terminology to describe good pot. Fire is one i hear a lot. Although, i learned pretty quickly from a family member going through some troubles that "fire" is what they call good heroin in NM and she was suprised to hear me ask for "fire" on the phone when trying to help her thru a hard time.

I guess "dank" is something i heard a lot as a kid in southern cali....growing up lol..13 smokin some dank weed with my cousin and my big sister. Ha.

I started calling really good weed buff and it caught on pretty well with my friends haha... Like...smell it and be all... "Dang dude, this shit is buff"

Last edited:
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

I chopped one yesterday (day 73) i want to wait and chop throughout the week. Day 75 day 77 and chemdogg on day 80 like you originally suggested. That way i test smoke. Write results. And know for next round. I feel a little greedy at the moment for wanting a top shelf harvest my first go. Feeling right now like i need to earn it. So im gonna put in the work, experiment, and find what works for me.

Thanks again for everything power. I dont know if you know this but i ordered the nftg sampler cause i read you suggest it to another grower. And followed up on the line due to your amazing growlogs full of dankness. That CB bubba... FUUUCKing SO dank.... NEVER salivated over a photo like i did with those. What I'm trying to say is, thanks man, i feel like these buds, my garden, wouldnt be anywhere near as frosty or as dank without your guidance or your help. So i appreciate you treatin me like an equal and telling me straight up, kindness like THAT is hard to come by.
View attachment 539842

Good lookin out my dude. Considering sending you some nuggage to test for me. Tell me what you think

Congrats, they look perfect. Glad you went the organic route, they are gonna taste great.

Colossus

Colossus

Is it expensive to get into all this? I mean, im just learning and im already feeling overwhelmed with what im "trying" at the moment. Seems like everytime someone suggests a new method im trying it.

Dont let that full you, If your concerned about the setup costs, just add another plant in on your first harvest to sell to mates, they can happily secretly pay for it in the long run :)

Colossus

Colossus

Is it expensive to get into all this? I mean, im just learning and im already feeling overwhelmed with what im "trying" at the moment. Seems like everytime someone suggests a new method im trying it.

Dont let that full you, If your concerned about the setup costs, just add another plant in on your first harvest to sell to mates, they can happily secretly pay for it in the long run :)

Power OG

Power OG

View attachment 539842

Man I'll definitely test any nuggage. Lol I'm 24hr chimney. I'm on that seaweed diet and I see a lot of weed.lol but please hit me in a pm on anything like that and not in your thread. I'll explain when we talk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom