My First Indoor Setup! Pointers?

• Thread starter gardnguyahoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I bought a trash can (20-gallon) for $13, air stone for $2, pump for like $15-20, air line for $5. After that you just need stuff to put in the bags. Oh, I bought those party favor bags, mesh, that people use for weddings from Amazon for $12 for a hundred. A box of Alfalfa, one of blood meal, and one of kelp meal were about $10 each. A 20lb bag of worm castings costs me about $17. That is all I can think about..though I just woke up.

But to be fully honest, I went a whole year doing teas and I am actually going to go back to bottle nutes this next year. The teas are great and once you get the correct balance, the plants love them, but the ease of just mixing a batch from bottle nutes and not having to wait or guess/plan ahead 24-48 hours is very convenient. When I say guess/plan ahead, I mean you have to gauge and really know when your soil is going to be dry/need-watering in a day or two from when you start the brew. It isn't too bad once you get uwitgeBut, like me, I have several plants and they don't all require watering at the same time either which makes it tougher. And my available time is depleting with my son now passing 1 year old, he is getting to be more and more fun to do stuff with and I find myself gardening a little less and less. Plus, the bottle nutes are super straight forward.

Not to dissuade you, of course. I would at least suggest trying everything and then choosing what works best for you!

This really resonated with me. Thanks for your insight mr.gg. ill take the time consumption to heart and factor it in with my grow. i think it would be cool to have a can bubbling all the time as i got a plethora of fruit trees and plants on my property. If not for my cannabis, id at least love to for my gardens outside. So that post really said a lot to me. Thanks again

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Day 31 of flower

My ladies are beginning to stack nice. Chemdogg front left. Rest are ghost og.

IMG 20150819 012302

IMG 20150819 012422
(above) chemdogg stackin nicely

IMG 20150819 012525

(above) Ghost og showin off her bowl o sugar

IMG 20150819 012353

Although i intended to use a scrog screen, i decided to hold off until next crop. But the canopy seemed to even out okay. I really need to get better at training my plants lol. My next crops training is embarrasing. So anyways. Ill post up flower pics at 35 or 36 days just to keep an eye on progress.

Thanks for tunin in. Let me know what you think of my first grow! Positivity and respect.
Gguy

Power OG

Power OG

Day 31 of flower

View attachment 530365
View attachment 530363(above) chemdogg stackin nicely

View attachment 530364

View attachment 530366
Although i intended to use a scrog screen, i decided to hold off until next crop. But the canopy seemed to even out okay. I really need to get better at training my plants lol. My next crops training is embarrasing. So anyways. Ill post up flower pics at 35 or 36 days just to keep an eye on progress.

Thanks for tunin in. Let me know what you think of my first grow! Positivity and respect.
Gguy
Looking great bro especially for a 1st grow.
Respect

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

After two light feedings i dosed my girls hard today. I made up a batch of 2.5 gal of water

Nftg line i added...
medusas magic @ 2 tsp per gal
Gaia mania @ 2 tsp per gal
Herculean harvest @ 4 tbs per gal
Athenas aminas @ 1 tbs per gallon
Zeus juice @ 2 tsp per gallon
Demeters destiny @ 2 tsp per gallon

Then i dropped in 2 tsp of super thrive. Not sure why. Just got it thought it would help. Smells like the hydro store lol.

Also 3 tbs of bio bizz algae

And 3 tsp of rock dust micro nutrient.

Plus 2 1/2 tsp of grandmas molasses! Stinky shit. But its cool. See if it helps. Been dosing at 1 tsp per gal last two waterings as well.

Also... On top of all this i tossed in a TBS of bloom khaos. Only went over the recommended dose by 2.5 ML.. Phew.

Going to the store today to order more herc harv and bloom khaos. Hopefully my girls produce me some nice medicine.

There was a heat wave. It ranged from 79-84 throughout the last week in my flower room. Hope it didnt hurt my gals theyre used to 72-75 Degrees... Def gonna run my light cycle at night next run.
Anyhow, back down to 74-76 so.. Hope they didnt get too fd up. RH staying about 40 % daytime 60% nighttime. Added 171 cfm OUT the ceiling at night. Hopefully thatll lower my RH at night and protect me from PM or mold.

Thanks for tuning in
Gguy

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

The plants are looking great! That does sound like some serious ppms in that batch though. The recommended dose on the superthrive is 1 drop per gal. I added it up and that is 42.5 tsp or 14.2 tbs per gallon and @ 2.5 gal thats 106tsp or 35.4 TBS! Did you already add that? If you did you might need to flush it out. My plants would spontaneously combust if I fed them that much, but I'm running all organic. I usually dosed less than the recommended dose when I used bottled nutes. I never came anywhere close to using that much at any week of bloom and in 5 gal batches instead of 2.5, I think at the height of flowering I was using about 3-4 TBS per 5 gals

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

After two light feedings i dosed my girls hard today. I made up a batch of 2.5 gal of water

Nftg line i added...
medusas magic @ 2 tsp per gal
Gaia mania @ 2 tsp per gal
Herculean harvest @ 4 tbs per gal
Athenas aminas @ 1 tbs per gallon
Zeus juice @ 2 tsp per gallon
Demeters destiny @ 2 tsp per gallon

Then i dropped in 2 tsp of super thrive. Not sure why. Just got it thought it would help. Smells like the hydro store lol.

Also 3 tbs of bio bizz algae

And 3 tsp of rock dust micro nutrient.

Plus 2 1/2 tsp of grandmas molasses! Stinky shit. But its cool. See if it helps. Been dosing at 1 tsp per gal last two waterings as well.

Also... On top of all this i tossed in a TBS of bloom khaos. Only went over the recommended dose by 2.5 ML.. Phew.

Going to the store today to order more herc harv and bloom khaos. Hopefully my girls produce me some nice medicine.

There was a heat wave. It ranged from 79-84 throughout the last week in my flower room. Hope it didnt hurt my gals theyre used to 72-75 Degrees... Def gonna run my light cycle at night next run.
Anyhow, back down to 74-76 so.. Hope they didnt get too fd up. RH staying about 40 % daytime 60% nighttime. Added 171 cfm OUT the ceiling at night. Hopefully thatll lower my RH at night and protect me from PM or mold.

Thanks for tuning in
Gguy
If you are using the line id recommend using ntfg's Aphrodites extraction and wouldn't be using molasses in my feedings ,you will eventually cause a lead blanket and choak off your bennie population. I only use molasses directly in a tea where you are boosting population in the millions. Good video at monster gardens YouTube channel on NectarForTheGods Scott explains this. Molasses can be way more harmful than good if not used properly.
Respect

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Ha. thanks for the insight and responses guys. Cbdemom honor to have you in my grow thread lol. Your a boss. I kept my eye on the girls and they seem to have bulked up since i dosed em. The only thing i noticed was the weakest ghost ogs leaves sagged just the TINYEST bit. barely noticable.

I admit that was a bit much. I had no idea the super thrive ratio. Ill def back it off to 1 or 2 drops per gal. Thanks man, i appreciate the info. @CBDEMON

I picked up a microbe tea from my local store to feed with next cycle (3 days) luckily they only really got a half gallon of that mix. Rest went to my outdoor girls : )
Then after that ill feed with just a small dose, 2 tsp per gal herc harvest with plain water.

@Power OG

If you read back on my thread THAT is the molasses issue i was addressing earlier! I saw scotts video on MG per scotts instructions after he sent me the sample pack.

I got the green light from 2 or 3 other growers to use molasses, was suggested a brand. I didnt want to harm my plants in anyway but i got info even off this site to use molasses so i finally went for it. Lol. So how do i NOT choke my plant? Use molasses with a microbe tea?

Power OG

Power OG

Ok molasses is great to use, but alil goes a long way. I would only be adding molasses once a month. Its a super big protien chain. Id suggest using a smaller protien chain sugar, like raw sugar, agave nectar for your weekly feedings. This will help prevent your microbes from being choked out. Molasses goes i every tea as the food source but this works because the population is boosted into millions and diluted with air and water, so its usable. I promise if you stop using the molasses direct and inly use it for teas you will he extremely happy, and as far as simple small chain sugar Aphrodites extraction is the best imo and a must.
Respect

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

The plants are looking great! That does sound like some serious ppms in that batch though. The recommended dose on the superthrive is 1 drop per gal. I added it up and that is 42.5 tsp or 14.2 tbs per gallon and @ 2.5 gal thats 106tsp or 35.4 TBS! Did you already add that? If you did you might need to flush it out. My plants would spontaneously combust if I fed them that much, but I'm running all organic. I usually dosed less than the recommended dose when I used bottled nutes. I never came anywhere close to using that much at any week of bloom and in 5 gal batches instead of 2.5, I think at the height of flowering I was using about 3-4 TBS per 5 gals

The more i read this, the worse it sounds. I guess more or less im experimenting, but that is the highest dose theyll receive for sure. I was told to do it slow, raise the dosage until i saw signs of burning and so thats kind of what i was doing.

Truthfully that mix is about 300 - 400 ppms higher then anything ive ever fed them. Hopefully nobody gets sad in my grow room. Also... Totally did not mean to call you CBDemom. Typo my dude haha.

@Power OG
Aphrodites extraction? That def did not come in the sampler. Im picking up more herc harvest on friday... Maybe ill snag it then. Pretty stoked on the advice tho, mix it with my microbe tea. Only once a month. Try raw sugar for normal waterings. Can do man. Can do.

Thanks again guys, this grow is so important to me for so many reasons. If it went south id be pretty bummed so i dig all the info and help like you wouldnt believe. Especially from growers who boss it up like yall. More pics coming soon, ill let you know if i walk in there and everythings dead haha

Power OG

Power OG

Ok so let me clear that up, molasses can be used in every tea as long as you are bubbling etc, but if you are going to continue putting it feedings id only use molasses once a month, or just grab Aphrodites extraction and you will be extremely happy. Aphrodites is a must in every garden imo but especially with the nectar line. The 2 bottles that didn't come with the sample to complete the advanced line, are Aphrodites Extraction and Mega Morpheus and i recommend both of them. Remember dnt over think keep it simple and she will reward you. I hope everything is ok. A couple more items that i feel would help take your garden to the n3xt level, 1.*OG special sauce 2.*GroKashi 3.*Ful Power by Bio AG 4.SLF-100 (*special microbes) 5.OSA28 silica acid * must haves, i just ordered my next year worth of NectarForTheGods a couple of months back i ordered gallons of the entire pro line and Scott doubled my entire order so im super set. Im also testing a new shrimp and crab meal \chitin tea for NectarForTheGods. Anything i can do to help let me know. Scott the owner turned me onto slf100 and ful power.
Respect

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

IMG 20150825 222748

Day 38 of flower. Removed larf buds, inner leaves, foilage center got too thick and unmanagable. Deathly afraid of PM or mold... Turned up my oscillating fan and opened up a direct hole to my a/c to hopefully drop humidity. Currently staying at 55% will check about 4 hrs into dark cycle to see humidity levels.

Found one tiny white spot on a leaf and instantly ripped it off, started defoliating. Hope i didnt stunt the girls too badly... The trim i took off was... Lets just say itll add to my hash pile for sure....needed to thin them out it seemed like.... Anyhow thanks for readin. Heres some more shots of day 38
IMG 20150825 222907
IMG 20150825 222844
IMG 20150825 213428

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Thanks so much for your insight. So i gotta start drinkin coffee!

The soil i use has bark in it. (i didnt know it was bad when i started!) that tends to lean acidic... Its throughout the soil. Thats a lot of coffee grounds... Dunno where im gonna find all that haha. Is there maybe something like dolomite that would work. (I forget if that lowers or raises it)
Got a cup bro . ☺ checkin your grow out in learning more ☺ lol. Best advice I can give u and this comes from a tlo grower 30+yes experience . He told me keep it simple. I bet when I get to the end there will be fire on those branches ☺

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Day 31 of flower

View attachment 530365
View attachment 530363(above) chemdogg stackin nicely

View attachment 530364

View attachment 530366

Gguy
Man them gals are beautiful. Glad to see that worry and work paid off . Lookin awesome

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Dude, thanks so much. I appreciate you checkin out my grow and leaving me some positivity. Lord knows us dysfunctional stoners need moral support haha. Hows everything with your ladies?
Thanks for the vibes ☺. Ladies are great one seems lil stuck lookin into new nutes somthing that won't burn . I feed 1/2 recommended dose . Frustrating really .will be by definitely will be stopping by gotta learn something new everyday ☺ peace and good vibes ☺

Latest posts

Top Bottom