My First real Outdoor Run!!!

• Thread starter MitchyNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

whats up farmers hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather we are having...you know what that means the outdoor season is near and my heart is pumping green!!!!

I talked to one of my buddies who has some land and I usually give him clones to run every summer but this year we decided to do a co-op project and see what comes from it.....he has some decent spots that never get ripped off and I got some nice plants to fill them in so we worked out a lil 50/50 deal and I get to do some outdoor gardening this year which makes me a very happy person!

This isn't gonna be a massive grow at all only 6-8 plants but hopefully some big and bad ones to say the least...fingers crossed!!!

I have picked the plants im gonna run so far this is the list!

1-Galaxy.......... Pyrimid seeds

1-Purple Diesel............ Cali Connection

2-East Coast Sour Diesels

2-Jack The Ripper........ Subcool Seeds

Now farmers I need a lil advice on what u think is the best idea for this grow

My plan is to go to spots this weekend and find just exactly where they are going and then from there im still deciding

Im gonna use bails of pro-mix thinking 2-3 per plant, but im not sure if i should dig some holes which will be some work of course or should I just use some giant smart pots????? what do you guys think the best option would be????? holes right in the ground or smart pots!

as far as feeding program Im not sure how I want to do that...was thinking of adding a bunch of ammendments to soil and maybe some teas or just feed them the same floranova program I use on my indoor crop......personally I think I might save myself buying a bunch of different ammendments and just ust the floranova program with some worm castings in the pro-mix!

any input is appreciated and I will keep this updated as she goes along!

here are the plants just had to clear a closet so I could set up another light lol!!!

My first real outdoor run

Mogrow

Mogrow

mr nugz goes outdoors//// very cool...
tom hill mix, he grows them as good as anyone//
25 bags soil
4 bags quality manure
4 CF perlite
50 LBS steamed bonemeal
20LBS gypsum
cook 2 weeks, blow up///
he's big on foilar feeding a brix mix and calcium 25 until budset.
i'm going this route this year and expect good results. i'll be using smartpots in some spots and great native soils in others..
you know about getting your plants to the correct light before you put them out, and hardening them off before they say hello to mother nature??
good luck, i know you'll kill it..
peace mogrow

420bliss

420bliss

treat it with the same love and care as you do with your indoor and it will probably blow your indoor away. cant wait to see some pics

Chobble

Chobble

Putting your plants in the ground is always an awesome Idea. All these strains will get to a very good size in the ground ;).

I would dig a 3x3x2 or a 4x4x2 hole for each one, Mix in the best soil and amendments you can get for em (Dont worry about to much perlite, not needed in the ground).

Brew up tea every week and water em with it. You can even do it more then that and water them every time with a good ol fashion Compost tea.

420bliss

420bliss

i would do smarties and cultivate the ground under them so the roots can get down, what do i mean i would, i am lol roots are already thru the bags into the ground

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

treat it with the same love and care as you do with your indoor and it will probably blow your indoor away. cant wait to see some pics

I like the way that sounds bro...im hoping they will blow me away too fingers crossed!

mr nugz goes outdoors//// very cool...
tom hill mix, he grows them as good as anyone//
25 bags soil
4 bags quality manure
4 CF perlite
50 LBS steamed bonemeal
20LBS gypsum
cook 2 weeks, blow up///
he's big on foilar feeding a brix mix and calcium 25 until budset.
i'm going this route this year and expect good results. i'll be using smartpots in some spots and great native soils in others..
you know about getting your plants to the correct light before you put them out, and hardening them off before they say hello to mother nature??
good luck, i know you'll kill it..
peace mogrow

hitting the great outdoors my friend and super pumped to do so...thats a great mix for sure and Im definetly gonna foiler feed heavy and see what happens!

those plants look great!

thx ken.......im hitting the outdoors for once.....been keeping a close eye on your grows so lets hope I can get something similar and half as nice as you grow!

Putting your plants in the ground is always an awesome Idea. All these strains will get to a very good size in the ground ;).

I would dig a 3x3x2 or a 4x4x2 hole for each one, Mix in the best soil and amendments you can get for em (Dont worry about to much perlite, not needed in the ground).

Brew up tea every week and water em with it. You can even do it more then that and water them every time with a good ol fashion Compost tea.

sounds good bro...the holes will be dug but im putting some containers in them just to be safe!!! thx for the response and input much appreciated!

i would do smarties and cultivate the ground under them so the roots can get down, what do i mean i would, i am lol roots are already thru the bags into the ground

thats sounds very good too...im gonna do something similar thanks for the response bro stay tuned!!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

alright farmers I appreciate everyone stoping by and leaving some info and knowledge!!

here is the run down on how im doing it I got 6 huge garbage bins and put some nice holes in the bottom of them...then im gonna dig some 2-3 feet deep holes and layer the bottoms with some gravel and then insert the big garbage bins in the holes and fill in sides for stability and so they dont tip over.......then they will get a bale and a half each of pro mix bx and then I will plant them in there new homes after letting them harden off at my buddies for a week or so outside...tomatoe cages will be used for support and I will be feeding them them the same stuff I use indoors and I might brew the odd tea for them!

I switched out the ECSD's they take to long for my area so im gonna run

1 galaxy

1 headband

2 JTR

1 purple diesel

1 chem valley kush

fingers crossed farmers im hoping for some success from the godz!!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Just got back from rona....got all my tomatoe cages and bins...they are 122L black garbage bins so 32 gallons should make for some nice ladies....driving all the bales of soil to location tonight and digging holes and smoking a large blunt and a quick prayer to the ganja godz!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

just relized I had a huge jug of alaskan fish fertilizer so I think I will use this on the them to start them off....it's a solid source of nitrogen and I will throw in a few other additives as well!!

really pumped to get this grow started!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

whats up farmers.....got the soil and equipment up to the patch today and dug the holes out just waiting till next week till she warms up a lil more then ill take all the girls there and give them a new and final home for the summer!

one thing im curious about is I dug the holes out and will be placing containers in them directly with holes in bottom of containers.....now the patch is in a marshy area and the holes filled with water after dug up im wondering what i can do about this cause wont the containers just keep sucking up water 24/7 if exposed to this????? shoud I just put some gravel in the bottom of holes or just leave it the way they are and use the water to my advantage???? any tips will help thanks farmers!

Patch 1...... 3 plants going here cleared out all the junk you see!

holes with water fillin in!

still one more patch with 3 holes dug just didn't snag any pics of it!

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

nice! those plants look awesome and your new outdoor patch looks ideal. can't wait to see them booming in situ. :)

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

C'mon farmers has to be someone out there with answer to my question....need answer a.s.ap plants going out after this weekend?????

much appreciated!

420bliss

420bliss

i would pick a dif spot if possible, the last pic doesnt look so bad but the pic before that it looks like that ground is way too wet, ive never had my holes fill with water like that though so hopefully some one with first hand experience will help ya out

oregongreener

oregongreener

Back in the day (10 years ago or so) I used to guerilla grow up on Mt. Hood. My buddy and I always Pre-dug the holes, amended the native soil with Coir, added Marine Cuisine and then watered with Compost Tea every other week or so. Those holes backfilling with water are not a good sign. Root rot happens in soil too...

If you're married to the location, the. I would dig twice as deep and fill the bottom of the hole with some drainage aggregate. You'll want to make sure the water backfilling stays at or below the level of drainage stones.

At least you have some serious drought protection.... Haha.

Greener

Chobble

Chobble

i would pick a dif spot if possible, the last pic doesnt look so bad but the pic before that it looks like that ground is way too wet, ive never had my holes fill with water like that though so hopefully some one with first hand experience will help ya out

I was going to say. Thats going to be a problem

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I always see this stuff and get jealous. Outdo just ain't in the cards for me.

outwest

Mogrow

Mogrow

MNugz// keep the spot but have the container with a bottom in it for now, You don't want your plant to have wet feet. Maybe it will dry up enough where you can take the bottom out of the container but for now i would not plant in ground that has standing water. just put the container on top of the ground for now and adapt has the weather and conditions change...
good luck man.

Top Bottom