• Tagged users None
oregongreener

oregongreener

Awesome!
I second the WC and Guanos, make teas!
Happy Farming and stay safe!
-Sox

Mitch-

Teas are also a GREAT idea. However, I would amend the soil you're using with EWC as well as the guanos. There are a million and one recipes for mixing in which ratios... Find one that most closely resembles the starting soil you're working with. If you're using the native soil, dug out of the ground, there really is no way of knowing its contents, etc. Err on the weak side of any soil amendments. An ongoing Tea regimen (every 2 weeks if you can) would help tremendously. If you can't get out there to use Teas, then mixing the soil with some good amendments will help to cover that gap somewhat. I know you're planning to use your indoor feeding program, keep a close eye on how there plants respond to that, as the environmental variables present in an outdoor grow changes the plants needs and requirements and is not directly analogous to an indoor grow.

At any rate, seeing what you're doing here is really inspiring me to get back outside and stick a plant here, and plant there, a plant everywhere.

greener

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Mitch-

Teas are also a GREAT idea. However, I would amend the soil you're using with EWC as well as the guanos. There are a million and one recipes for mixing in which ratios... Find one that most closely resembles the starting soil you're working with. If you're using the native soil, dug out of the ground, there really is no way of knowing its contents, etc. Err on the weak side of any soil amendments. An ongoing Tea regimen (every 2 weeks if you can) would help tremendously. If you can't get out there to use Teas, then mixing the soil with some good amendments will help to cover that gap somewhat. I know you're planning to use your indoor feeding program, keep a close eye on how there plants respond to that, as the environmental variables present in an outdoor grow changes the plants needs and requirements and is not directly analogous to an indoor grow.

At any rate, seeing what you're doing here is really inspiring me to get back outside and stick a plant here, and plant there, a plant everywhere.

greener

cheers Oregon

whats up bro...I already hauled bales of pro-mix to the spot(pics in first set) so im good for a decent mix.....my buddy does composting every year and has a pile of compost that looks great so im thinking of mixing some of that in as well....he usually does every year anyways so this should be nice for them just not really sure how much I should add to each bail????

feeding them will be no problem I have access to them 24/7 just have to drive a bit but I don't mind that at all! Ill probly brew some teas and just play it by year.......still have to drive all the plants to the spot which I hate doing!

will have new pics up soon everyone thanks alot to all for tuning in!

oregongreener

oregongreener

cheers Oregon

whats up bro...I already hauled bales of pro-mix to the spot(pics in first set) so im good for a decent mix.....my buddy does composting every year and has a pile of compost that looks great so im thinking of mixing some of that in as well....he usually does every year anyways so this should be nice for them just not really sure how much I should add to each bail????

feeding them will be no problem I have access to them 24/7 just have to drive a bit but I don't mind that at all! Ill probly brew some teas and just play it by year.......still have to drive all the plants to the spot which I hate doing!

will have new pics up soon everyone thanks alot to all for tuning in!

Mitch-

Hey, bro! Things look like you sure have all the bases covered. As for mixing in your friends compost, keep it small, since you have no idea how "hot" it might be. I would think 5-10% would be good, along with 5-10% EWC. Are you adding perlite or volcanic rocks into the mix to aid drainage and aeration?

Sounds like you got a prime location that's reasonably accessible, and that's key. All my spots back in the guerrilla days were an hour or more by car and then another 1-1.5 hours by foot. Made logistics crucial early in the season.

Anyway man, I've got my lazy-boy pulled up to the screen and will be watching with anticipation. Nothin' better than a good outdoor grow.

greener

Thoth

Thoth

Looking real good bro, nice plants, nice location. Hopefully it won't turn out too marshy for the plants!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Mitch-

Hey man, tried to send you a PM. Didn't work... Hit me up.

greener

I have no idea how the Pm works was trying to find it but coulden't im a noob on computers!

Looking real good bro, nice plants, nice location. Hopefully it won't turn out too marshy for the plants!

thanks alot bro...me too anyways it will be a good year stay tuned!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Just got back from patch...took all the plants their and made it safe and sound....took 8 instead of 6 added one more JTR and one more CVK figure 2 more won't hurt at all!

letting them harden off for the long weekend then planting them on monday or tuesaday!

also forgot I had a huge bottle of alaskan fish fertilizer so Im gonna start them on that and some humic black and some cal-mag when they start budding they are getting floranova bloom....Floralicious plus,Liquid Kool Bloom and organic sucanut...I think this should work great with some compost mixed in the pro-mix!

oh yah on patch is completely fine but the other is retaining alot of water so just gonna leave them in containers above ground and weight them down so they don't tip problem solved lol!

really wish I took my bong with me and some budz......was so peaceful their this morning the sun shining birds singing the best spot for a nice bong toke IMO...this guy has a kick ass property im jealous!

next update they will be in their new homes and hopefully loving the great outdoors!!!

spent an hour in garbage bags so need some perking up!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

gonna head to the store in the morning....wait it is the morning...ill be leaving soon to go grab some bags of bio-max shrimp compost gonna mix a bag to each bale of soil for some ammendments!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks for the update. I'm totally loving all these springtime outdoor diaries. So jelly!

outwest

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

this thread has grown since my last visit! looks sweet mitchy! must be getting close to putting those suckers in the gorund!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

well got out to spot today and popped the suckers in the ground......2 chem valley kushes got shit on mad by birds and were looking pretty hurting so just left them off to the side for now and only planted 6 ladies.......went and bought some compost with worm castings to mix into pro-mix!

The bud is some of Big Buddah's The Kali taken at 11 weeks this stuff is so damn good...has a real fruity smell from a distance like pineapples and mangoes but up close it's like kitchen spices and haze!

420bliss

420bliss

lookin killer. gotta hate it when birds decide to do their biz right over our girls, its like holly shit all the space in the sky and you pick my spot lol

ethnoman

ethnoman

If the drainage is poor in those holes, you might want to consider mounding to facilitate better drainage.

Your location is really nice otherwise. Well grown plants too.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

lookin killer. gotta hate it when birds decide to do their biz right over our girls, its like holly shit all the space in the sky and you pick my spot lol

thx alot bro....iknow what u mean lil buggers guess they didn't like that strain cause all the others were fine......my luck id plant it and get bird flu lol!

If the drainage is poor in those holes, you might want to consider mounding to facilitate better drainage.

Your location is really nice otherwise. Well grown plants too.

thx for stopping by bro......I ditched the bad drainage spot and planted all six at first location where drainage is fine.....the ground is actgually on a bit of a slant so hopefully that helps promite drainage on it's own!

the outdoor year has begun......said a lil prayer to the ganja godz last night so hopefully they got my back and something nice comes of all this!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

forgot to ask what is th ebest way to stop slugs from hitting my plants....I know some ppl wrap a can or bottle around stalk....and I also heard copper wire around the pot prevents them from climbing.....what do you guys suggest the best way to eliminate them!

would prefer just wrapping something around all the containers to stop them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom