My first time growing / journal (help needed)

• Thread starter InsaneM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I'm gonna be trying that once I get more options. I got Shiskaberry from Herbies coming in; it says 100% indica, I hope it doesn't make me stay on the coach or bed or even worse the floor forever.
looks like they are distributing barneys farm shiskaberry. im surprised to find that they claim 2000g outdoors, have only gotten that off a specific sativa, kwazulu.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I hope it doesn't make me stay on the coach or bed or even worse the floor forever.
uhm likely the following will happen like ogkush. ill still be chilling down thinking if got this under control. can hit one more bong i think to myself and do so..ill find myself waking up on that same spot where i consumed the final bong. same with joints you can tell halfway through this is going to end up with me on the couch.. sleeping..

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey man,
looking nice big formation, looking like week 4-5 of flower. Dryness not a huge concern, but the pale dots on the leaves could be a sign of pest?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I'm noticing some dry spots on some of the fan leaves, should I be worried or is this normal?
No not really normal, im seeing a lot of white and black specs on the leaves when i zoom in, do you possibly have pests?

Reactions: TSD
InsaneM

InsaneM

I do have some pests, the black spots are eggs for sure. The white I’m not so sure, when I rub or touch the white spots, nothing happens, nothing falls off or gets smushed on my fingers

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if there’s mites you should trash everything and do a major clean up which we can explain to you..
the longer those mites are in the area the more they will get themselves snuggled into everywhere than popping up every grow.,
did you visit any other grows lately? or bring home clones from somewhere?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

As much as I hate spraying pesticides in flower I've used Azamax successfully and have gotten them under control.

@InsaneM

If you don't want to use any chemicals you could take the plant outside and spray it down real good with water to knock off whatever mites you have. Your problem is that the issue is fairly advanced if you're seeing webs so not only do you have active adults in your garden but I'm sure you've got lots of eggs just waiting to hatch. If you had caught it early then I would go with the spray water method but now that you have both born and unborn mites, IMO, you need to go at them with a pesticide if you're going to save this plant.

You won't be able to completely remove them but you will be able to control them to a point that it won't affect the flower.

Now that you have mites in the tent you're going to need to disinfect the tent after you harvest with bleach to kill off any remaining mites or their eggs.

If you go with Azamax(or Dr.Zimes) I would mix it up at full strength in a spray bottle and wet down the ENTIRE plant from base to tip, under and over leaf, side to side(You get it!). I would repeat this every other day for a week. This should get your infestation under control.

Azamax is used on fruit and vegetable crops. It breaks down within 10 days so as long as your last application is 15 days out from harvest you should be fine. I like to give it a few more days to break down just to be sure hence the 15 days.

You can try what I said and it will probably fix the issue but at the same time you may want to listen to GNick and just start over. Once mites have gotten to the web stage it's tough to get them under control.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
As much as I hate spraying pesticides in flower I've used Azamax successfully and have gotten them under control.

@InsaneM

If you don't want to use any chemicals you could take the plant outside and spray it down real good with water to knock off whatever mites you have. Your problem is that the issue is fairly advanced if you're seeing webs so not only do you have active adults in your garden but I'm sure you've got lots of eggs just waiting to hatch. If you had caught it early then I would go with the spray water method but now that you have both born and unborn mites, IMO, you need to go at them with a pesticide if you're going to save this plant.

You won't be able to completely remove them but you will be able to control them to a point that it won't affect the flower.

Now that you have mites in the tent you're going to need to disinfect the tent after you harvest with bleach to kill off any remaining mites or their eggs.

If you go with Azamax(or Dr.Zimes) I would mix it up at full strength in a spray bottle and wet down the ENTIRE plant from base to tip, under and over leaf, side to side(You get it!). I would repeat this every other day for a week. This should get your infestation under control.

Azamax is used on fruit and vegetable crops. It breaks down within 10 days so as long as your last application is 15 days out from harvest you should be fine. I like to give it a few more days to break down just to be sure hence the 15 days.

You can try what I said and it will probably fix the issue but at the same time you may want to listen to GNick and just start over. Once mites have gotten to the web stage it's tough to get them under control.
pretty sound advice^^
here!..
give it a try if you can, as your becoming a grower and need to learn everything.. shit happens to all of us and it totally sucks when it does..

TSD

TSD

If you do decide to try and get to harvest, I'd recommend washing the crop to get out the bugs, bug poo, webs, and whatever you decide to nuke them with. I personally would probably not consume it as flower, but that's your call. If it were me, I'd trash it and start fresh. Spider mites are very hard to eradicate once they've set up shop.

InsaneM

InsaneM

Yeah this really sucks and I don’t want to toss just yet. I’ll give RootsRuler ‘s method a try and I will definitely clean everything after harvest. There’s a bonsai tree outside the tent about seven feet away that I’ve acquired recently, this might be the problem,
I’ve also read that if you turn up the humidity it will get rid of them. Wonder if this is true

Reactions: TSD
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah this really sucks and I don’t want to toss just yet. I’ll give RootsRuler ‘s method a try and I will definitely clean everything after harvest. There’s a bonsai tree outside the tent about seven feet away that I’ve acquired recently, this might be the problem,
I’ve also read that if you turn up the humidity it will get rid of them. Wonder if this is true
no doubt it.. if it did they’d just move to better conditions and come back later..
your best advice is the growers here giving you advice..
i had mites once, clones from a friend, when i noticed them everything in the garbage and the cleaned everything a couple times..
never seen them since..

Last edited:
InsaneM

InsaneM

Thanks guy for the useful advice, I’ll definitely try to solve this problem first before trashing, I even put some carnivorous plants and bug trap papers before.

Top Bottom