My Flowering Stage is Stalled :(

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Hi, I’ve been growing about 5 years but very small scale. The first few years was autos, then I moved to photo-period. Last year I finally learned how to start clones. I feel like I every grow is different. I had bad luck last grow with spider mites and had to kill all my plants and start from seed.

I had been using ProMix Mychorrizae with nutrients the last several grows. This time I added worm castings.

I vegged them for 4 weeks, and flipped the lights 8/3. So the lights have been flipped for almost 8 weeks. They are just starting to flower now after weeks of growing & stretching. I have been using Advanced nutrients and I just gave them a dose of MOAB. Any ideas?

growsince79

growsince79

Hi, I’ve been growing about 5 years but very small scale. The first few years was autos, then I moved to photo-period. Last year I finally learned how to start clones. I feel like I every grow is different. I had bad luck last grow with spider mites and had to kill all my plants and start from seed.

I had been using ProMix Mychorrizae with nutrients the last several grows. This time I added worm castings.

I vegged them for 4 weeks, and flipped the lights 8/3. So the lights have been flipped for almost 8 weeks. They are just starting to flower now after weeks of growing & stretching. I have been using Advanced nutrients and I just gave them a dose of MOAB. Any ideas?
Pics? Check your timer and light leaks

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I know the timer is working - I will take pictures tomorrow when it’s the light cycle. Thank you

The tent is in a dark room but I occasionally go to the room during dark cycle & turn the overhead light on to get the vacuum, etc. There’s an air intake hole at the bottom of the tent. Would that level of light impact things?

growsince79

growsince79

I know the timer is working - I will take pictures tomorrow when it’s the light cycle. Thank you

The tent is in a dark room but I occasionally go to the room during dark cycle & turn the overhead light on to get the vacuum, etc. There’s an air intake hole at the bottom of the tent. Would that level of light impact things?
I can.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I feel like I have made a lot of mistakes on this grow :(

17A6A608 C75B 4962 B21E 2D18DF19FDE5

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

and those lights are way too close..
nothing to do with your issue..
Yes I think you are right - they weren’t mature enough when I flipped them. I don’t know if I can move the light up a little but I will try. Any other recommendations? I was under pressure to flip and I should have waited.
What should I do ?

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Ok - thank you so much for your input. This whole thing pretty much sucks!

My husband is the one who sets the timer because I hate messing with it. I just had him check it. He cleared all the settings and reset it to 12/12 lighting.

This is causing a lot of strife around here as we are already out of medicine so the stakes are high.

So the question now is, should I ditch these plants? The lamp is almost at the highest possible point in the tent. I could top them back like 12 inches or so.

I’m at my wits end here - I really appreciate your input.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no keep going and be patience and stick to the one light schedule.
she should start when ready.
i’m going to work but maybe to give you something to do..
google immature marijuana plant not flowering..
i’m 99% sure this is your issue..

growsince79

growsince79

ok you flipped to 12/12 after 4 weeks from seed?
either way the plant was not mature enough at flip or it’s not getting the 12/12 light cycle..
i think your issue is the plant wasn’t mature enough…
it is female?
Could be genetic. Most hybrids are mature enough to flip after 2-3 weeks. I never saw one that wasn't ready after a month.
My pure Colombian was a different story. That took over two months to make a pistil. These plants are very mature as you can see by the alternating nodes.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Hello! New on this forum. Something is disturbing your light cycle or you have too many light leaks. Even a new seedling under twelve hours of light will begin to flower. As for your plants-do not top them, but gently squeeze the stalks to bend them over. If you are not seeing pistils after two weeks of 12/12, something is wrong.

growsince79

growsince79

Hello! New on this forum. Something is disturbing your light cycle or you have too many light leaks. Even a new seedling under twelve hours of light will begin to flower. As for your plants-do not top them, but gently squeeze the stalks to bend them over. If you are not seeing pistils after two weeks of 12/12, something is wrong.
That is soooo not true. Some seeding grown under 12-12 might flower fairly early. Ime most hybrids flipped at 2 weeks, don't make a pistil for another 2-3 weeks. Equatorial sativas grown under 12-12 can take over two months to show sex.

Quicksand

Quicksand

That is soooo not true. Some seeding grown under 12-12 might flower fairly early. Ime most hybrids flipped at 2 weeks, don't make a pistil for another 2-3 weeks. Equatorial sativas grown under 12-12 can take over two months to show sex.
Perhaps. I am looking at the pictures though. They are not equatorial sativas and should be flowering after eight weeks of 12/12. Something is preventing them from flowering (light). That’s the facts here……

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Perhaps. I am looking at the pictures though. They are not equatorial sativas and should be flowering after eight weeks of 12/12. Something is preventing them from flowering (light). That’s the facts here……
A new seedling will not flower until it's mature, no matter the light cycle.

I agree 100% that she should squash and bend those stalks over to a 90 degree angle, maybe 18 inches from the top of the tallest plants.

growsince79

growsince79

I agree they don't look like equatorial sativas. But its possible recessive genes are coming out. If the room is 12 hours uninterrupted dark and it isn't flowering after 2 months, what else could it be.

Top Bottom