My Flowering Stage is Stalled :(

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Zoom in on the four. They were cut from a seedling, rooted under 12/12, left under twelve hours (50 days+) until almost done, now being revegged for clones for a SOG run. I could’ve cut them for the four hits they would’ve provided 🤣🤣🤣 When is a vegging plant mature? I’m not sure what it is that you mean by mature while vegging….
50+ days I could care less about.

I mean this is only going to end one way so try not to bury yourself to deep.

I will be right and you will agree.

Quicksand

Quicksand

50+ days I could care less about.

I mean this is only going to end one way so try not to bury yourself to deep.

I will be right and you will agree.
Not gonna argue. I cut when I have two sets of branches, maybe 24 days or so. Into the 12/12 water cup. Not sure why you’re being hostile….do you need more photos? I cannot understand why people who manifold/mainline cut their tops off but don’t stick a cutting in water, under 24 hours-to determine sex before wasting another 30 days vegging. A question for you-Don’t early season greenhouse grows often require supplemental lighting to keep the seedlings vegging and not start flowering prematurely? Photoperiod means exactly that…..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not gonna argue. I cut when I have two sets of branches, maybe 24 days or so. Into the 12/12 water cup. Not sure why you’re being hostile….do you need more photos? I cannot understand why people who manifold/mainline cut their tops off but don’t stick a cutting in water, under 24 hours-to determine sex before wasting another 30 days vegging. A question for you-Don’t early season greenhouse grows often require supplemental lighting to keep the seedlings vegging and not start flowering prematurely? Photoperiod means exactly that…..
Wow bro you need to re read shit.. so you cut your clones at 24 days then they take prob 7-14 days to show sex...
So minimum is 30ish days.... thats 4 freaking weeks.

Like I said they don't reach maturity until 2-5 weeks usually not less than 3 weeks. And here you are arguing ... smfh

I'm not hostile I'm frustrated because your arguing something g that's not true. They will NOT flower right from seed for a few week until mature. And then tossing out laughing emojis like I'm I'm idiot and your laughing at what I'm saying when you are wrong

I know the method your talking about and while the name indicates you start at 12/12 you don't... you start 18/6-24/0 then 12/12 after about 3 weeks.

This way as soon as they are mature if they are not already they will flower.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I would not ditch the grow, not at all. You got excellent vegiation. As a matter of fact, it is so good you need trimming, training, defoliation big time. These plants are prime to flower. It will take around 2 weeks of at least 12/12 to see the stigmas emerge. Get the tops either fimmed or topped...too tall and you have no room for STRETCH that comes with flowering. They will easily gain 12 to 18 inches minimum height. Do you know how to top / fim / LST (low stress train - bending the branches)? If they are in veg, they will / should easily heal

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No they don't do it to prevent seedling from flowering g they do it to prevent vegging plants from flowering once they mature and to provide more light for higher photosynthetic rates and growth.

Quicksand

Quicksand

No they don't do it to prevent seedling from flowering g they do it to prevent vegging plants from flowering once they mature and to provide more light for higher photosynthetic rates and growth.
Read this….https://pllight.com/managing-photoperiod/

growsince79

growsince79

Most hybrids are mature enough to flip in 3 weeks.

Mrb53

Mrb53

This forum was started by LAVirtue and I would like to try and stay focused on that issue. Years ago, before we had auto or fast flower, we would flip plants / clones as young as 4 weeks so we didn't have to wait 4 to 6 mos to have something to smoke...I have flowered at the 3rd node...tiny but you get harvest. Old timers had their tricks

growsince79

growsince79

This forum was started by LAVirtue and I would like to try and stay focused on that issue. Years ago, before we had auto or fast flower, we would flip plants / clones as young as 4 weeks so we didn't have to wait 4 to 6 mos to have something to smoke...I have flowered at the 3rd node...tiny but you get harvest. Old timers had their tricks
All depends on strain. I just grew a Colombian 12-12 from seed. Didn't make a pistil for 70 days. I've also done indicas that finish at 1 foot tall and make less than a oz.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Can we say when the pistol or pollen sack opens they are mature? That would at a later time line than say when the pistol or pollen sack is created. I'm pretty sure the pistol sack starts growing with days of being flipped to 12/12. Then opens a week later?

As to when the earliest a pistol sack or pollen sac can be identified is sooner than when it's mature correct? So perhaps they are not mature when he's identifying them?

I was wonting to try starting my tap rooted seeds at 12/12 to see how fast I can get a white pistol one day.

Aqua is stating the pistols won't be open to recieve pollen or vice versa until 4 weeks.

Quicksand is saying he can identify the sex sooner?

Which I'm sure but that doesn't make them mature right?

I'm guess the debate is between.

Quick how fast from seed do you see the white pistols regardless of your snipping and rooting methods. How long was it when it was just a little dry seed until it showed an open pistol..

I'm sure identifying them could be done sooner, but that's not a mature plant.

Did I get all that right? You both got me best on info.. I'm just able to pick up on things quickly.

growsince79

growsince79

Can we say when the pistol or pollen sack opens they are mature? That would at a later time line than say when the pistol or pollen sack is created. I'm pretty sure the pistol sack starts growing with days of being flipped to 12/12. Then opens a week later?

As to when the earliest a pistol sack or pollen sac can be identified is sooner than when it's mature correct? So perhaps they are not mature when he's identifying them?

I was wonting to try starting my tap rooted seeds at 12/12 to see how fast I can get a white pistol one day.

Aqua is stating the pistols won't be open to recieve pollen or vice versa until 4 weeks.

Quicksand is saying he can identify the sex sooner?

Which I'm sure but that doesn't make them mature right?

I'm guess the debate is between.

Quick how fast from seed do you see the white pistols regardless of your snipping and rooting methods. How long was it when it was just a little dry seed until it showed an open pistol..

I'm sure identifying them could be done sooner, but that's not a mature plant.

Did I get all that right? You both got me best on info.. I'm just able to pick up on things quickly.
When a boy is 12 or 13 he is mature enough to make babies. Does that make him mature? Can a 1-2 year old boy make a baby. No not mature enough. The only thing @Aqua Man was wrong about was leaving out "enough"
Oh and the pistil is mature enough to receive pollen day 1.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

When a boy is 12 or 13 he is mature enough to make babies. Does that make him mature? Can a 1-2 year old boy make a baby. No not mature enough. The only thing @Aqua Man was wrong about was leaving out "enough"
I guess we would have to define mature in plants and people, without using traits only compsition and abilitys. I would say a person is mature when they can reproduce. I'm not saying they are mature enough to reproduce though. I wouldn't say they matured when they had sex either, or when the baby was made. I'd say they were mature the moment they can produce a viable egg or expulse viable pollen or semen, which would of course vary with pheno or individual.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Here’s a grow from seed under 12 hour light…..and I will acknowledge that I learned something here. I have never run a seedling on 12/12, but my technique/timing of cutting for early sexing coincides with Aqua’s insistence that seedlings are unable to flower that young. This article backs that up. My experience is mostly with clones in a commercial setting, and clones will readily flower when small. So to Aqua-hat’s off! I‘m doing a rip in acknowledgment of your input. 😑

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here’s a grow from seed under 12 hour light…..and I will acknowledge that I learned something here. I have never run a seedling on 12/12, but my technique/timing of cutting for early sexing coincides with Aqua’s insistence that seedlings are unable to flower that young. This article backs that up. My experience is mostly with clones in a commercial setting, and clones will readily flower when small. So to Aqua-hat’s off! I‘m doing a rip in acknowledgment of your input. 😑
Lmao grow weed easy ok I have some work then I can link 40 articles from similar that state they take a few weeks and should be run under 18+ hrs until flip just cause the title says 12/12 doesn't make it so.

Actually I'll just leave it those of you who choose to believe this nonsense feel free or do your own research.

Mature is when they are able to flower... seedlings are not mature and that stage is usually no more than 14 days. A 14 day old plant will not flower. These are facts of horticulture not grow weed easy and fad trends that are half truths.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Lmao grow weed easy ok I have some work then I can link 40 articles from similar that state they take a few weeks and should be run under 18+ hrs until flip just cause the title says 12/12 doesn't make it so.

Actually I'll just leave it those of you who choose to believe this nonsense feel free or do your own research.

Mature is when they are able to flower... seedlings are not mature and that stage is usually no more than 14 days. A 14 day old plant will not flower. These are facts of horticulture not grow weed easy and fad trends that are half truths.
Uh, the article confirms your position. You didn’t even look at it? ☝️

growsince79

growsince79

Mostly agree. I never say never- anything is possible.
these wer flipped on day 14. 11 days later showed sex. Last pic is day 84 from sprout-70 flower 1.25 oz trimmed and dry. Super potent- glad I made 1000 seeds.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I would not ditch the grow, not at all. You got excellent vegiation. As a matter of fact, it is so good you need trimming, training, defoliation big time. These plants are prime to flower. It will take around 2 weeks of at least 12/12 to see the stigmas emerge. Get the tops either fimmed or topped...too tall and you have no room for STRETCH that comes with flowering. They will easily gain 12 to 18 inches minimum height. Do you know how to top / fim / LST (low stress train - bending the branches)? If they are in veg, they will / should easily heal
Ok - I’m going to try to top them in the morning when the lights go on

Top Bottom