My Flowering Stage is Stalled :(

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quicksand

Quicksand

I agree they don't look like equatorial sativas. But its possible recessive genes are coming out. If the room is 12 hours uninterrupted dark and it isn't flowering after 2 months, what else could it be.
I knew a fella that had a similar situation, he discovered his open-faced timer had been bumped and his light was coming on for thirty minutes during his dark cycle….the problem here is the light, not genetics…..

Quicksand

Quicksand

A new seedling will not flower until it's mature, no matter the light cycle.

I agree 100% that she should squash and bend those stalks over to a 90 degree angle, maybe 18 inches from the top of the tallest plants.
You should attempt a Solo cup challenge. Absolutely imperative to flower when immature. I had a cup yield over an ounce about ten years ago….

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Can you give us a short video showing all your timer settings. Since you said he just reset it all a day ago, you won't know for a week if you fixed the problem.

Meanwhile your plant is going to poke a hole through your cealing by the time it finishes flowering.

I would do some topping since you know they are not flowing. Perhaps some heavy upper defoliation to promote more growth down below too. I wouldn't say this normally... But I think he could have fixed it with his timer reset, and your just going to have buds growing inside your light.

Stay with us and be patient with eachother during this and realize you won't have smoke for a few months. Gonna have to work together with us.. And it's easy.. I get the drama it can cause.. But yall don't have a growing problem anymore your here now and we will help. Might be a good time to remove some lower nodes too. I like pushing growth evenly up top.

Good luck you 2

growsince79

growsince79

Can you give us a short video showing all your timer settings. Since you said he just reset it all a day ago, you won't know for a week if you fixed the problem.

Meanwhile your plant is going to poke a hole through your cealing by the time it finishes flowering.

I would do some topping since you know they are not flowing. Perhaps some heavy upper defoliation to promote more growth down below too. I wouldn't say this normally... But I think he could have fixed it with his timer reset, and your just going to have buds growing inside your light.

Stay with us and be patient with eachother during this and realize you won't have smoke for a few months. Gonna have to work together with us.. And it's easy.. I get the drama it can cause.. But yall don't have a growing problem anymore your here now and we will help. Might be a good time to remove some lower nodes too. I like pushing growth evenly up top.

Good luck you 2
Topping can delay flowering even more. Bending won't cause delays.

Ponky

Ponky

Go 9 on 15 off. Give it 2 weeks. If nothing trash em all. Or rage smash them now. And get other plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What nutrients and all additives used... absolutely everything.

Pics or a vid of all of the equipment.

Anything in the space that has indicator lights other than green.

You said you flipped them 8/3??? They will not flower under that light cycle so I expect this is almost certainly your issue.

Darkness needs to be atleast 10 uninterrupted darkness before any chance of it flowering and 12 is where you want to be

Quicksand

Quicksand

Like any plant cannabis will not flower until its mature. You can flip 12/12 but it will not flower until its mature which can be from 2-5weeks roughly depending on genetics.
I take cuttings from my unsexed plants when they are seedlings, and I place them in water (as if to clone) and I put them under 12/12. They will show sex as they are rooting. I have done this for over thirty years so I don’t waste time vegging males….Not sure about other plants, but (photoperiod) cannabis will readily show its sex and start to flower when small. When is it “mature” while in vegetative growth?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I take cuttings from my unsexed plants when they are seedlings, and I place them in water (as if to clone) and I put them under 12/12. They will show sex as they are rooting. I have done this for over thirty years so I don’t waste time vegging males….Not sure about other plants, but (photoperiod) cannabis will readily show its sex and start to flower when small. When is it “mature” while in vegetative growth?
You take cutting from a seedling?

Idk what to tell you dude it's just impossible for a plant to flower before its mature. That's part of the reason clones are used.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Idk what to tell you dude it's just impossible for a plant to flower before its mature. That's part of the reason clones are used

Idk what to tell you dude it's just impossible for a plant to flower before its mature. That's part of the reason clones are used.
When is it mature while it’s vegging? When my unsexed seedlings have a couple of branches, I snip two off. One gets put in water under 12/12, the other is saved/rooted in the clone area in case I want to run it again, reverse it for breeding, etc. I am honestly amazed that you haven’t discovered that yet. Sometimes the clone gets flowered with her mom if there’s room. The 12/12 cutting will show its sex while rooting, and is then discarded. That little clone will not yield anything but a one hitter worth….maybe that’s what you‘re thinking, low yield is the result. Have you not done a Solo cup challenge just for snickers?

Quicksand

Quicksand

Here are seven large seedlings, many rooted clones and even four rooted seedling/cuttings that made tiny buds but are now back under 24 hours to re-veg….those ”budding clones” were taken two months prior….in a month, new veg growth will appear…..
6E0E8287 6B47 405E BDFA 9B4CBA0CFB13

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Thanks for everyone’s help, I really appreciate it. To clarify, I did switch them to 12/12 on 8/3/21.

It’s possibly that the timer was messed up. It should be ok now. I have had the lights going off at 6 pm, the tent is in a dark basement room with a door and no windows. I think I mentioned there’s an air intake hole on the bottom of one side of the tent. I have gone into the room occasionally to get the vacuum after 6 pm, but very rarely.

I’ve had this tent and set up working fine for about a year. The things I did differently this time were adding the worm castings, flipping to 12/12 too early, and I had a cal mag deficiency at one point which I cleared up by adding cal-mag. The only other thing was that the timer could have been messed up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When is it mature while it’s vegging? When my unsexed seedlings have a couple of branches, I snip two off. One gets put in water under 12/12, the other is saved/rooted in the clone area in case I want to run it again, reverse it for breeding, etc. I am honestly amazed that you haven’t discovered that yet. Sometimes the clone gets flowered with her mom if there’s room. The 12/12 cutting will show its sex while rooting, and is then discarded. That little clone will not yield anything but a one hitter worth….maybe that’s what you‘re thinking, low yield is the result. Have you not done a Solo cup challenge just for snickers?
Dude at what age are the seedlings when you take them? Sounds like a couple weeks?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here are seven large seedlings, many rooted clones and even four rooted seedling/cuttings that made tiny buds but are now back under 24 hours to re-veg….those ”budding clones” were taken two months prior….in a month, new veg growth will appear…..View attachment 1173522
Like I said after about 2-3 usually 3 being the fastest.

So you grow a seedling for 2 weeks take clones and a week later can tell sex... that I will say is possible.... but I will bet my life on it. Cannabis will NOT flower until the plant is mature.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Like I said after about 2-3 usually 3 being the fastest.

So you grow a seedling for 2 weeks take clones and a week later can tell sex... that I will say is possible.... but I will bet my life on it. Cannabis will NOT flower until the plant is mature.
Zoom in on the four. They were cut from a seedling, rooted under 12/12, left under twelve hours (50 days+) until almost done, now being revegged for clones for a SOG run. I could’ve cut them for the four hits they would’ve provided 🤣🤣🤣 When is a vegging plant mature? I’m not sure what it is that you mean by mature while vegging….

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Zoom in on the four. They were cut from a seedling, rooted under 12/12, left under twelve hours (50 days+) until almost done, now being revegged for clones for a SOG run. I could’ve cut them for the four hits they would’ve provided 🤣🤣🤣 When is a vegging plant mature? I’m not sure what it is that you mean by mature while vegging….
When it's mature is the simple answer. A few indicators that happen after maturity are alternating nodes, fans with will leaf blade count for the strain, preflowers etc.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Answer the question man... how long from the time you germinated them until you took the cuttings?

Then how long before that cutting showed sex?

Top Bottom