My Grow Journal

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Seriously though pal. If you started seeds in ocean forest your probably still good. You might consider sticking w water till they tell you otherwise. Lots of good stuff in that mix bro. Don't underestimate ocean forest. Again I know that you wanna do everything you can but at this stage in particular less is usually more.
By the time they need more nutes it'll be time to transplant and thus adding more fresh ocean forest to feed them w. Tea would probably be the only thing to add.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Seriously though pal. If you started seeds in ocean forest your probably still good. You might consider sticking w water till they tell you otherwise. Lots of good stuff in that mix bro. Don't underestimate ocean forest. Again I know that you wanna do everything you can but at this stage in particular less is usually more.
By the time they need more nutes it'll be time to transplant and thus adding more fresh ocean forest to feed them w. Tea would probably be the only thing to add.

Word!

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

What could put in a ewc tea I don't know what that is I mean I know it's water mixed I'm pretty sure with some kind of poop for nitrogen and something else

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Thanks Im going to try tea on my new plants and nutes on my on the ones that are 3 weeks here is a pic of bc and og at week three

20150411 033656
20150411 033649
20150411 033723
20150411 033656
G gnome

G gnome

Man I tell ya I would wait. Theres no way those plants depleted the nutes in that ocean forest already. You at least need to let them dry a lil before giving them more water. You just got em looking good again and your about to do the same thing that gave you trouble in the first place.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

I totally agree with the advice given by the above posters, let them dry out, it forces the roots to go in search of water, which in turn gives you a bigger root system and we all know bigger roots = bigger plants;) I water as soon as the plant pots get light, or failing that I test the top of soil to about the depth of my first knuckle, if it feels dry then I water, easiest way tho is to just lift your pots, if their light then you know to feed them ;) for 3 weeks old they should start to explode anytime now man;) my critical kush looked the same size as yours but by day 29 they'd took off, heres a pic, there in 11l pots just so you can gauge the size, they were such slower growers but very bushy and compact so by the time flowering came they stretched out nicely;) I also had a major problem with yellowing during seedling stage, all 5 were almost as yellow as the smiley face above, I did go straight from root riots to 11l pots tho, so my problems stemed from too much water too little oxygen, my stems were purple which indicated they couldn't breathe, to fix this I let the pots dry out and I also foilar sprayed with cal mag + as the yellowing could also have indicated a possible nitrogen deficiency or calcium / magnesium, I figured they were lacking something so at 8 days old I gave them there first nute feed and to my delight the next few days the greened up nicely, phew, since then it's been smooth sailing ;)

The 2nd & 3rd pics is where I'm at today, day 28 of flower after vegging for just over 4 weeks, the girls have exploded.. pop over to my thread mate its just starting to get interesting; ) il post link below
PicsArt 1425586144912
20150409 191053
Screenshot 2015 04 10 22 57 26

Oh and I gave 2 of the girls away as I needed more space, so I trained the 3 I had left into wide bushes to fill the grow space with many tops by LST'ING them (pulling the main tops down to a 90 degree angle in order for the side branches to catch up, as a result iv created a flat shelf of tops, about 35-40 tops to be exact from 3 plants, going to be a good outcome no doubt ;)

Last edited:
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Okay, I wait tell they are dried out to water maby I just gotta wait longer I water ever 2 days only a half a cup but im going to wait tell it looks really dry this time.

G gnome

G gnome

Okay, I wait tell they are dried out to water maby I just gotta wait longer I water ever 2 days only a half a cup but im going to wait tell it looks really dry this time.
this is why it is important to use the right size pots. The idea is for the plant to go through wet/dry cycles. Dont try to get on a pattern of watering just ,again let the plant tell you when to water. 1/2 a cup?What are you doing baking a cake? Lol

Toaster79

Toaster79

1/2 a cup?What are you doing baking a cake? Lol

ROFL

Back on topic:

Patience is the key here. We've all been there and done it wrong. That's just how things work.

Here's the link to my first grow ever not so long ago. With the hel of good people I think I came pretty far from where I started:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-first-attemp-at-growing.64443/

Have a look and have a blast :D:D
Im sure you'll learn some things not to be done ;)

+++++Vibes

Keep it green!

G gnome

G gnome

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

how long can plants go with out water then? I was thinking 4 would be max. And you got me bro I understand now I should just fill the whole pot for now on and wait for them to get completely on dry out.

Top Bottom