My Grow Journal

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Ohh and definitely checking out your 1st grow I feel like that would help alot toaster thanks bro

G gnome

G gnome

There is no set amount of time. It doesn't work that way. You totally just asked a mouthful. Maybe somebody who types faster could help you lol
When you water your pots you wanna wait till they feel" light". As far as how much to water you want to thoroughly moisten all the medium not just whatever 1/2 cup is gonna do. Its not as important right now cuz ur not adding salts but as a rule of thumb you want 10%-20% of what you put in to drain out or "run off". Then just let them go through the whole wet to dry cycle. This is why its important to have appropriate size pots for your plants. If you start seeds in too large a pots it takes to long for them to go through that cycle. During which time all that wet dirt that the plant cant use all the moisture out of gets depleted of all its oxygen. This is when you start to run into any number of problems i.e. root rot.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I just watered the whole poftit took 3 days for it to dry out but I did it tell the pot drained out 10-15%

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Its not even a foot tall yet I dont think I could even get it to flower yet so I think I should top it today and give it like 2~3 weeks then start flowering.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Whats the max you huys would veg a plant because I was thinking I could let this veg for 6-7 weeks

G gnome

G gnome

You can flower anytime 2" or 2'. Dont look at it in terms of time. Itz a matter of manipulating the plant to suit your purposes. If you wanted you could start 12 12 as soon as it sprouted.

G gnome

G gnome

You have to understand that the plant might triple in size after you induce flowering. As a rule of thumb i do 12 to 16 in if i dot know how much the particular variety im growing is gonna stretch. My advise is to error on the side of caution and induce sooner until you get a feel. how much head rm u got?

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I have alot of height space its 4x4x6 ft I wanna train my plants to be 4 to 5ft tall and and about 2 ft wide but I also wanna start a scrog in their right before flowering but wouldnt thay make it smaller and wider? Also yes I was going to put in a hps for flowering and switch it to 12/12 in about 3 weeks

G gnome

G gnome

6' aint shit. Your gonna lose the height of your pots. (12"+) You need approx 12" between your tops and your lights and your gonna loose another 12" or so from your reflector leaving only 3' best case scenario.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

My plants are 36 inch away from my lights because they were 24 inch before and start to burn alittle I have a 400 watt mh but the plants are 8 inch I think im going to flower when they are 1 and a half feet also bc god bud the strain im mostly focused on I was told veges very slow (7~8 weeks min) and is smaller then normal strains so I guess im trippin on size for no reason

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

with 6' head you can only really safely grow a 4' plant....as for the watering...like others have said...I actually don't water until they start to go slightly limp...I know it's not good practice but I have been doing it for years and has worked so far and when I water...I kinda drench the plants with at least 20% runoff...I however do not use any bottled nutes so.....and with FFOF...you should be good with nutes up to about 3weeks before harvest in which I would just hit it with some bat guano as well as every watering I would use about 2 teaspoons of molasses in my water...just my 2 cents...with organic soil...if you do it right...you don't really need to add anything...IMHO

A

A-Roe

My plants are 36 inch away from my lights because they were 24 inch before and start to burn alittle I have a 400 watt mh but the plants are 8 inch I think im going to flower when they are 1 and a half feet also bc god bud the strain im mostly focused on I was told veges very slow (7~8 weeks min) and is smaller then normal strains so I guess im trippin on size for no reason
Bro my plants are about 18-24 in. away from my 1000 as long as you have a fan blowing directly under and on the light bulb heat wont be an issues over the plants, but my thing is I believe your room is hot cause I can damn near touch my 1000 watt blue maybe like 4 inches from the bulb before my hand starts to warm up. You gotta keep that room cool and dehumidified its the summer and that is going to dictate your grow, trust me if your room is warm with a 400 its going to be deadly hot with a 1000.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Its pretty cool I keep it now 70 during day 65 during night I just seen better results when I have it 36 inches away maby ill try and raise it about 6 inch but I did top my plant and heres some picks of that

20150415 180703
20150415 180703
20150415 180639
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I also just put a oscillating fan in their yesterday I forgot to add that it their.

A

A-Roe

I also just put a oscillating fan in their yesterday I forgot to add that it their.
That might have been the reason if you got your room that cool, in fact your using a little to much energy, bring your temps up to between 75-80 lights on. Without that fan being in there it was a hot spot created because there was little if any circulation.

Top Bottom