My journey to the MPB Universe!

• Thread starter easypleasie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

easypleasie

Hey Immortal, glad you enjoyed the read! lol I didn't realize this thread had gotten so long. I only see 8 pages but I have my display to show 40 posts a page so i'm not always having to click to the next page when reading.

Thanks Lost, that means a lot, bro. I hope I get a good pheno to work with. I might even flower them out in my veg setup.

No worries winta, glad you chimed in to answer :)

Yo dizzle! You and Lost are the mpb veterans on this site.

In veg, the bottom feed is just at the bottom of the buckets hooked up to a 700 gph pump. Pics coming soon. I'm replacing the air pump with the bottom feed so the roots aren't getting beat up with bubbles. We'll see if this works out better or not LOL.

In flower, the bottom feed is on the bottom corner on the side of the tub. I'm using a 1/2" grommet and my water valves plug directly into the tub...instead of the ebb n flow connectors. I wanted to simplify things and get the drain lower. Fully drained, there's only about 3/8" of water in the tubs. Oh, and super easy when it comes to cleaning time. Close the valve, disconnect the 1/2" line and lift the tub away from the 4" drain :)

I'll have some pics up soon. It's been around 2.5 weeks or so since I took clones and they were just put into the netpots last night...not in the buckets yet. I should be cranking up the veg setup later tonight or tomorrow.

13 dawgs are coming along. All ten seeds popped but only 9 survived. I have 8 happy babies and one little runt.

btw, I finally got around to vacuuming my a/c lines! I had to buy that little r410a adapter so I could hook up the charge line. I was pretty nervous about doing it but it wasn't that bad at all. Just followed the directions in the manual. Next time will be so much easier. It's been running good for a few days now. woohoo! It's by far the quietest unit i've ever heard. Both indoor and outdoor.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

HOLY SHIT EZ! Thanks for the helpful comments on my set up btw, but I just checked out this thread and HOT DAMN!!!

I'm absolutely lovin how clean your set up is! This shit is amazing! I definitly want to us this as a model after I can start doin this full time!

Thanks again for your help bro!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey Easy,
did I ever ask you what A/C you are running? I am getting close to picking one up.
By the way I just got my JBJ 1/2 HP today! Thanks again for the rec.
-TF

E

easypleasie

Yo TF, I have a Fujitsu Halcyon 18k inverter mini-split. Loving it and will like it more once I get the wired controller that allows me to program different temps for day/night times.

I run my lights at night to help with the cooling. Since i'm using cool tubes, it's more effective to have cooler night time air going through the tubes than super hot daytime air. The a/c won't have to work near as hard...which means I might be able to squeeze more lights in there down the line. During the Winter, I think I might be able to get away with 6k in the room. 40 degree air through the tubes means very little heat generated. Last winter, I actually had to slow down the cool tube fan to keep the room warm enough! Another benefit is it almost eliminated the condensation that formed on the first cool tube.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Here's the result of what happens when you give a person with a little ocd a few rolls of radiant barrier and foil tape...a Space Lab! LOL I wasn't planning on wrapping everything but it kinda happened. You folks that can't put down bubble wrap till the last bubble has been popped will understand where i'm coming from :) No wonder it takes me so long to get things done lol
This has got to be one of the cleanest rooms I've ever seen... I can't believe I've missed this thread for so long. Very nice work and killer photo skillz easypleasie! :cool

E

easypleasie

Thanks everyone for the props and patiently following along. The show is about to get back on the road as the clones go in the veg system tonight. I'll have pics of them in the buckets later tonight.

First pic is when I first took the clones around 3 weeks ago.

I found thick ass flexible schedule 40 pvc that's great for making drip rings. I made them so they could be wedged into the top of the netpot. Just drilled holes and didn't need the little jet thingies...except for two that are used to feed right into the coco pots.

More to come tonight :)

Veg   Cutting Day 1
 DSC1918
 DSC1917
L

Lost

Love the coco pots! Same ones im using this round. Love how the bottom is real loose and easy for the roots get penetrate..

Apache69

Apache69

Love the coco pots! Same ones im using this round. Love how the bottom is real loose and easy for the roots get penetrate..

Are you digging the Coco pots over the 6"rock wool cubes?

L

Lost

yea, heres why:

Rooted clone goes right into the cocopot. So a 1 inch plug, jiffy pelet, whatever in the cocopot and your done. The good ones get put into the 10 inch netpot with hydroton fil;ling in 1-2 inches on the bottom and around the sides. The ones that don't make the grade can be thrown into a 5 gallon (I use the bottoms from when I made my bucket/lid interface). You can still get 5 or 6 oz a piece at least from the rejects. And they fit perfectly in the corners where there is a light and no tub..

Takes out a whole step!

E

easypleasie

I'm totally digging the coco pots. Rockwool scares me lol.

Yeah, the roots have no problem getting through them. These are the same pots I used in my first round but this time I cloned directly into the pots and putting them in the veg setup earlier. This time i'm letting them go untopped...well, except for one and it's now the bushiest of them all lol.

I wish I had the room to put some plants on the side the light hits the wall. I tried that last run but it didn't work out so well...just too close to the bulb. Maybe a wall of rooted clones lol...At least I could get a little more variety that way :)

E

easypleasie

Day 1 in the veg buckets

Finally got the girls in the veg system! I should have put them in there a week ago. I'm not as nervous about it like I was the first time... but still a little nerve racking lol. Hopefully all goes well and i'll be able to put them in the flower room in a couple weeks.

The little doggies (13 dawgs) are going strong and will be getting transplanted asap!

DSC 1924
DSC 1936
DSC 1934
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Wow man. I am so stoked for you! :rauch08:
Awesome work yet again! Dig the drip rings. Where did you score the flexible schedule 40? Did you have to use a heat gun or anything to bend it? I hear you on the rockwool. I used it exclusively for years, but now I no longer feel it is my friend. The coco seems like it would be a better way to go to me. By the way, I am assuming that the last shot is the 13 Dawgs. They look really good. So jealous....

L

Lost

So far im 9/10 13 dawgs too. Exact same cocopots too, lol. Are you following me? *looks over shoulder*

E

easypleasie

TF, I can't remember where I bought the flexible pvc. Either the depot or lowes. I had some laying around that I recently found. The stuff is really tough and holds it's shape better than anything i've tried so far. It doesn't require any heat to bend or anything.

Yup, those the 13 puppies in 3" coco pots lol. Still not sure how i'm gonna flower them. Probably take cuttings of all the phenos and flower the clones out in coco to find keepers.

Damn lost, get off my brain wave! lol We've been on a similar ride...ojd testers, mpb fanatics to growing the dawgs! If I had space, I probably would have tried the LED test with ya lol. How far along are your dawgs? You got a plan for flowering yours out?

L

Lost

Im not doing the LED test. I was going to get one for free but I could not see how it would fit in. I'd probablly only use it in veg so I told LEDGRL to give it to someone else.

Edit: Yea, im going to do a MPB run as soon as I find out what I have with the Dawgs.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yo wassup fellas,that is too funny..i mised those dawgs b/c i hesitated...just picked up soo many i logged off when i saw them..logged back on shortly after and of course they were gone..lol..but then again i also wanted to hesitate to let the guys runnin mpb at the moment to get em..i can't wait to see what you both do with the dawgs,should be sick...oh btw bossman is doing a sick led test now..

HG23

HG23

Just to be clear, the first run in your veg setup was:

1. Topfeed only with the bottom hole in the bucket left open until you had roots coming out the netpot.
2. Turn on the airstone and bottom feed in addition to the 24/7 topfeed. Open the upper hole in the bucket.

But the plants got too big during construction of your room and you noticed the airstone was not allowing the roots to grow directly out the bottom of the pot. So this is round two with:

1. Topfeed 24/7 with the new driprings just like before.
2. Same as before just with no airstone.

E

easypleasie

I think the LEDs could be a fun little project but I wouldn't ever take it serious till the shit is finally right and is affordable to have a large setup. Yeah burn, Boss has a really cool setup going. Looking forward to seeing how that badboy t5 does in comparison. I have a 4 light badboy that I use for clones and seedlings and it's pretty damn bright but gives off a bit of heat.

Dizzle, 24/7 now that they're in the veg setup. Before when they were just in the coco pots, I would hand water every other day while roots were developing. Then once a day till they went into the netpots. I watered directly into the coco pots last time and they seemed to like it so i'll keep doing that for now. That's why I made those little drip arms lol

HG23, first run was top feed rdwc with airstones the entire time. Yup, bubbles were too violent and kept the roots from coming out freely in the netpot.

This run, i'm doing everything the same except no air pump and added a bottom feed to mix the nutes up in the buckets. I'm also gonna wait till I see roots coming out the bottom before turning it into rdwc. Just top feed for now - everything drains out the bottom of the bucket where the rubber stoppers are. Once I see roots, i'll kick on the 700 gph bottom feed pump to mix things up.

A small air pump would be a simple solution to mix things up. I just wanna see how it does without the air. This setup will evolve over time as I find ways to make things simpler and more effective.

Top Bottom