My New Dwc Grow. First Timer

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Ok. Day 10 on the 12/12 lighting. The plants are stretching!! I raised the hps so that i would get better coverage But I might have placed it in an inch or two too high. The plant really grew over this last 10 days but it’s not very pushy. I did do some low stress training were a pinched and bent the Stamm. I’m very concerned that this will get too tall for the tent so I need to do something about this. I bent it over today and it is already coming back but still lower than it was before. I might have to do that with all of these limbs. I believe this could be a female as well!! I think these are pre- flowers and I hope you guys can give me some of your knowledge. After refilling my reservoir with some water because it was low my PPM’s were up to 1200 in my pH was 5.9

28491316 3A51 4D6B 8B4A DDD810557B16
BC54BE64 DC63 4574 BC84 018807208B46
89312476 17B9 40F5 BE11 9995EE85ED0F
D3100D89 8B13 43C5 A77F 135F42B3087D
Reactions: DGP
DGP

DGP

One of your pictures looks like it is showing a female pre-flower but it's still a little hard to tell. It has grown a lot.....

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

Looks like a female to me as well. The next few days will tell. I’m going to have to start doing some high stress training On these to keep them Under the lights though. This is only the practice run For my next grow. Wink wink. Lol

Reactions: DGP
DGP

DGP

Looks like a female to me as well. The next few days will tell. I’m going to have to start doing some high stress training On these to keep them Under the lights though. This is only the practice run For my next grow. Wink wink. Lol

I get it. I like your approach doing a test run and all.

She looks like she could be sativa dominant and maybe it is natural for her to grow very tall. It very well might be a challenge height wise.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

Looks like female. As far as stretching it's pre flower stretch. Next time you might want to try starting them on flower nutes a week or so before switching from 24 or 18/6 to 12/12 this should help with your stretching problems also you can cut back on light a couple hours every few days till you get to 12/12 this also will help with pre-flower stretch imo that is

I will do that. I started the bloom nutes a few days AFTER i switched the lights just because i was due to change out the bucket water in a few days. Lesson learned. Thankyou for the info.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I get it. I like your approach doing a test run and all.

She looks like she could be sativa dominant and maybe it is natural for her to grow very tall. It very well might be a challenge height wise.

Dee

Ugh!!! I did some more high stress training today and one of my branches snapped!! Not completely off but i know i did some damage. I quickly taped it up but the plant is growing like a weed!! Lol can i run some string and make a grid and keep the branches underneath?? Damn bucket cost me a foot of height.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Good news! The branch that i snapped yesterday is still alive. 3m scotch tape really did a good job!! Lol That was the first thing I checked on this morning because that branch was nearly a goner yesterday and I had no faith that it would still be alive. Plant is getting taller though and I’m running out of room.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Tomorrow I might get some chicken wire and just rig something up to keep the height at a certain level

mikeb437

mikeb437

You want LST( or just cut the fuckin top off that's some HST.)It will work even in flower. But losing some product. And stunning plant. Just rember nutes and light are at the top. It's just a weed

I tied my other plant down early. All of the side shoots are now coming up pretty good and the plant itself is probably about 8 inches long. I’m going to wait another week or so maybe and start flowering this one as well but I just want the smaller one to catch up. By the way, both of these plants were planted on the same day. This is the difference between the DWC and The Rockwool cubes.

D5DAD3D7 F0AF 420C A665 BE9C897E57DC
09CD936D D7B1 4853 96B6 09BA2981F717
C4E63F5C 57F7 4E83 B73C D11E6776638A
mikeb437

mikeb437

Ok 16 days into flower and the buds are starting to develop. I’m still having some difficulty keeping the canopy under the lights but so far so good with everything. Im tying diwn the individual branches as need be. I am rotating the bucket as well so each part of the plant can get some good light.

A02F5A5F 4044 4B43 958F 3FB44A4DB597
8DF156E9 9422 419F 967F FE93EDB03D69
CC80346E D043 4215 9B41 DBA9CE710FDB
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Ok 16 days into flower and the buds are starting to develop. I’m still having some difficulty keeping the canopy under the lights but so far so good with everything. Im tying diwn the individual branches as need be. I am rotating the bucket as well so each part of the plant can get some good light.
You should defoliate some of those big upper fan leaves so you get those lower nodes to stretch a bit, of a fan leaf is covering a bud site at this point I’d trim the leaves. It will benefit from wasting the energy on the heavier darkened leaves and sending it to the top of your plant

mikeb437

mikeb437

I just switched the lights on my smaller plants. I have tied this one down from the beginning so all mthe side shoots grew very well. It is more like a small bush now and completely different than my first plant so hopefully it will stay short throughout the blooming process. Until I know whether this is a female or a mail I am going to keep this under the T5 fluorescent lights

D88B3D11 B006 4D53 A892 FC3F7DD74127
mikeb437

mikeb437

You should defoliate some of those big upper fan leaves so you get those lower nodes to stretch a bit, of a fan leaf is covering a bud site at this point I’d trim the leaves. It will benefit from wasting the energy on the heavier darkened leaves and sending it to the top of your plant
I have been pulling a lot of the fan leaves off but I wasn’t sure if I should take too many or not. I did notice that with the timing down of the branches a lot of these fan leaves are covering some of the lower branches. So it is OK for me to yank a few more of these fan leaves on top?

CC8D9305 6F55 4410 8B0A 5C2B1CB30529
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I have been pulling a lot of the fan leaves off but I wasn’t sure if I should take too many or not. I did notice that with the timing down of the branches a lot of these fan leaves are covering some of the lower branches. So it is OK for me to yank a few more of these fan leaves on top?
Hell yeah dude! I run the same type of deal you run, check it out

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Hell yeah dude! I run the same type of deal you run, check it out
Take the OG Kush for example I clean all the way up up to maybe 6 inches of top growth, I wait a week, and flip. As it grows I trim up, and I keep all my shutes clear of overlapping fan leaves. You obviously don’t wanna pluck 100 at a time, it’s a progression thing. Pluck ten off, wait a day or two, and so on. The veg ones look really good I’d clean up the bottom, but other than that right now I’d leave the fan leaves alone

004F86BF A62D 4657 AA14 D7F38D83784E
9E3BBF3C 0235 46FB B254 B861DA5A3AC1
mikeb437

mikeb437

So you start trimming a week before you flip the lights? I will keep that in mind for this next plant i just flipped. Tomorrow once the lights turned back on I will start yanking a few of these upper fan leaves to let some light down to the lower branches. I did remove most of everything on the lower half of the plant

mikeb437

mikeb437

The problem I have is that I have limited space so I have the branches are somewhat close to each other so for me to get the light down to the lower branches I might have to remove a lot of fan leaves

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

So you start trimming a week before you flip the lights? I will keep that in mind for this next plant i just flipped. Tomorrow once the lights turned back on I will start yanking a few of these upper fan leaves to let some light down to the lower branches. I did remove most of everything on the lower half of the plant
No sorry that was probably misleading, I would say as it grows you trim up, I do it daily. Sometimes it’s good to let it go, but then you look at it one day and say yeah it needs a damn haircut

Top Bottom