My New "Sour OG"/"True OG" Grow.

• Thread starter TokinWhiteGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Hey everyone! Going into my next grow and wanted to get some feed back from the community. Here's what I've got going...

1- 6x6x6 Virtual Sun Grow Tent.
1- Virtual Sun 1000 watt mh/hps grow light with digital ballast.
1- 6" Inline fan with 2 stage carbon filter.
1- Speed Bully Inline Fan Controller
1- Leading Brand (energy star certified) air conditioner.
1- 2 gal/day digital dehumidifier
6- Sour OG Clones
6-True OG Clones
Great White Premium Mycorrhizal
Canna Coco Nutrients.
3 gallon smart pots

Anything in particular that I need to know? or any helpful tips/ tricks would be greatly appreciated!

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Well, heres the latest. 3 Sour OG clones have perished!!:( :eek: OH NOOOOO!:mad: Since the others are healthy,.. I'm going to chalk this one up to unhealthy plants.o_O Since my little debacle, I went ahead and researched some genetics and went and picked up 6 more clones. :cool:. I got;

2- PO #2
2- Herojuana OG
2- Chemdog D

As promised, pics.. Enjoy :cool:​

20130209 192916
20130209 192934
20130209 192947
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Welcome to the Farm, those strains sound banging!! Good luck and keep posting those pics bro, they look good.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Welcome to the Farm, those strains sound banging!! Good luck and keep posting those pics bro, they look good.

Thanx Lex! :) Im really looking forward to the end results of this grow! A quick question though. The clones have been in the tent now for about 10 days, Im beginning to get green algae build up in the bottom of the grow pano_O . Is it wise to remove the algae that is sticking to the grow pan itself (i.e. Lysol, Bleach etc) I am using the Great White Mycorrhizal, so im not sure if the algae growing in the pan is going to be beneficial for the clone or not. Its my attempt at trying to keep things clean. Please let me know if someone has an answer.:cool: Thanks Everyone!!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Its never happened to me before, but I would remove the clones (without damaging roots) and clean the algae with hot water or a mild H2O2 solution, rinse the pan with plain water so there isn't any residue from the solution and put the clones back in. Algae will not help your microbes in any way that I know of, but I don't think it will hurt either.

Also, check out ogbiowar.com because they have bennies that are more concentrated then anything you will find from these hydro companies and is relatively inexpensive. Check out 'Caps Beneficials', it will be a sub-forum in the 'nutrients and fertilizers' section, great info about his bennies, how to use them and how to make Tea's.

I'm bout to buy some for my next run that I will use coco coir for the 1st time and I think the bennies will have a big part in nutrient uptake, pest resistance and overall vigor.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Its never happened to me before, but I would remove the clones (without damaging roots) and clean the algae with hot water or a mild H2O2 solution, rinse the pan with plain water so there isn't any residue from the solution and put the clones back in. Algae will not help your microbes in any way that I know of, but I don't think it will hurt either.

Also, check out ogbiowar.com because they have bennies that are more concentrated then anything you will find from these hydro companies and is relatively inexpensive. Check out 'Caps Beneficials', it will be a sub-forum in the 'nutrients and fertilizers' section, great info about his bennies, how to use them and how to make Tea's.

I'm bout to buy some for my next run that I will use coco coir for the 1st time and I think the bennies will have a big part in nutrient uptake, pest resistance and overall vigor.

AWESOME! Thank you Lex for the quick response! Ill definitely check that out asap! Here's a snapshot of what Im talking about.
20130213 093007
Now, as far as making teas... WOW... that sounds like some serious work! lol. Ive seen results from growers who use teas, but from what i understand its not only time extensive but messy as well. Im using a really odd watering method as it is. Im using 5 gallon (like sparkletts bottles) to mix my nutes in. No auto water or anything. Im pretty much treating it like soil. Top down watering every 3-4 days depending on moisture content of the coco. Watering with a water called PURE. It goes through a 9 stage filtering and RO process and PH's at 6.0. Here are some progress shots just 5 days after I took the first round.

20130213 093024
20130213 093031
20130213 093037
20130213 093042
20130213 093049
20130213 093109
20130213 093120
20130213 0931311

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Plants look great for 5 days of progress. I couldn't really see algae in the pic, looked like dirt, but that could just be the camera.

I also thought tea's were too much of a hassle. There are extensive ways to make tea's, but if you look at Capulator's recipe, its VERY simple, relative to other recipe's I've seen. Basically just water, EWC, some of his bennies, black strap molasses and a single airstone in the bottom of the bucket.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

If I go ahead and do the tea, can i still use the great white along side the canna coco nutes? As it is now, im using the GW every other watering and using 50 ml of A+B nutes.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Im using 10 ml per gallon.. 10 ml A + 10 ml B. Directions said 15 ml per gal of each, but after a friendly email from Canna, they sugguested that I lower the regimen. :)

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Hi everyone! Thanks to everyone for following the grow! Much appreciated! So... I think I am going to start the tea that Lex suggested later on this evening. I believe that I know what the "green algae" in the bottom of my grow pan is and Im pretty sure that it is coming from the Great White that Im using. It contains 11 different species of mycorrhiza, and depending on climate/conditions, allows the GW to funguses to multiply. Now that everything has been growing (including the fungus from the GW) There is also this "green algae" starting to grow on the coco that is in the pots as well... This is my first time using GW and Im reallllllly hoping that this isnt some species of mold!?? Has anyone seen this type of ????? before? Is it good? Bad? WTF is it? Like I said before, I think its from the GW. Conditions in my room are pretty ideal for for crops, and apparently this green stuff Lol.​
20130216 093854

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it looks like fungus. Should be safe considering your using fungi, but again, I ain't no expert. You could always take it out and throw it away if your concerned.

Also, the light green stuff on the perlite is algae, which is safe too.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Progress shots. Enjoy! Thanks for the feedback everyone!
:cool:​

20130218 08201820130218 08202920130218 08205020130218 08211620130218 08224920130218 082256

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

So, Ive been on this "green algae" crap now for about a week. Researching... etc... After a friendly e-mail from Plant Success (YOU GUYS ROCK BTW!) I was told that it is "green algae" and it occurs in areas that are heavily watered. This green algae breaks down into nitrogen in the media and apparently is good for the plant. With that being said, I realized that my drain hole on my pan, sits just a bit higher that the current water level that is in there. (WILL RECTIFY ASAP) On a good note, there is no "green algae" attaching itself to the smart pot exterior or to the roots that are growing out of the smart pots. The plants themselves look healthy and doing well. My plan is to veg for 1 more week (3 weeks total.) Under the 1000 watt mh bulb. As it is now, the larger of the plants (SOUR OG/ TRUE OG) are appx. 18-20 inches tall (measured from top of media to top of plant). By my calculations I can easily get 1 inch of growth per day. (AVG) At that rate, the plants will be about 25-28 inches tall. Im not sure what to expect off of the hps, but hopefully they'll be fairly big. I am hoping to have them all finished by April 20-30th.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Don't forget about the stretch in flower, it lasts about 40% of the total flower time, so a 9 week strain will stretch for approximately 25 days (3 1/2 weeks). They can easily double in size, so a 28" plant could easily be over 4 feet tall by the end of stretch. You should consider topping the plant right now then train the branches to grow more horizontal, it will create a flat canopy and allow more even light distribution.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

You are the man Lex!! I should have mentioned that the clones were "topped and cropped" a few days ago as well as my pan clean out with a mild h2o2 solution. I'm not so good at recording my every move with this grow. (My schedule is crazy atm). I also measured how much growth height I have within my tent and from the top of the 3 gallon smart pots to the bottom of my reflector is about 4 ft total ( I'm also giving it a few inches so that the plants are not growing into the reflector and touching the light.) I will post beauty shots of the plants later on with a decent camera and not thwarting crap one I have on my phone. Thanx for all your help Lex!! It helps to know that I'm headed in the right direction. :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah, I had a journal last year and its not easy to record everything that happens. I can't wait to see bud pics later on.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

:woot:​
OK... well apparently my files are too large to upload from my cam, but i did manage to upload a few! I have some tea brewin' (Thanks Lex!!) It'll be another 2 days before its ready but its already looking good! My next photos will be after I begin using the tea, so Im looking forward to the side by side comparison! Til then... Keep it green everyone!​
DSC01743DSC01744DSC01745DSC01746DSC01747

Top Bottom