My New "Sour OG"/"True OG" Grow.

• Thread starter TokinWhiteGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Whats up farmers?! Here's some further progress shots after using the tea for the first time.. You can see the growth from my last post til now. The plants are doing awesome!:happy: The clones get switched to 12/12 light cycle under a 1000 watt hps this morning. Til my next post:) Keep it green farmers!! :snaphappy:​
1 2 3 4
5 6 7

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Thank you BudGoggles!:D Just grinding away at the 12/12 cycle right now.:watching: Plants are stretching!!!. Ill post pics after 1 week, but I cant wait! :)

Ever after

Ever after

it looks like your wasting space or light for that matter you got all that extra light and no plants your tray should cover the whole tent floor and using 2gallon root pots or 1 gallon root pots will give you a better yield and they fit in trays better with the size they are

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Thanks for the advise Ever After! As far as wasting space and light goes, I really needed to be able to get inside of the tent so I opted for a few plants. Unfortunately my state doesn't allow me to grow a ton at once. I honestly feel that these particular strains will do well in the environment that they're in. I'm not an expert or anything but it seems counter productive and a shit ton of work to pack a 6x6x6 tent with no room to work around your crop. My grow pan is only a 3x3. I have the rest of the plants on plastic overflow trays. (Makes moving the plants easy because I can slide around the pan without disturbing the roots that are growing through the bags now.) Imo the grow pan is a hindrance. Heavy and awkward. It being white doesn't help the cause all really either. My pots are 3 gallon, so they're not much bigger than thand what you had sugguested. Again I'm not an expert but it seems to be going great and until something happens or changes, I'm going to continue doing it that way. (If it ain't broke don't fix it.)

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

I couldn't exactly wait for a whole week. lol.
:D​
Progress shots. Check 'em out!
:watching:​
Til next week.
snaphappy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Steady Mobbin', ladies look nice n comfy, keep'r goin TWG

Thanks ShivaSkunk!! :) The True OG is now about 40 inches tall! :) The PO # 2 looks like its going to be a short and stout one. :cool: The Chemdog D is exactly what I had expected. :D The Hero OG is definately going to be a winner!! :woot: The Sour OG... Holy smokes!! Is probably the ugliest, lankiest, spider like plants I've ever seen!! :confused: Lol. I can't wait to hit the 5' mark on this batch!!! :watching:

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Came up on a bottle of Big Bud (500 ml) and Overdrive (500 ml) this afternoon. Im looking forward to seeing the results from these nutes! Im planning on running the Big Bud weeks 3-6 and the Overdrive weeks 6-8 with a 1 week tea flush. Anyone have any experience with either of the nutes or is there anything in particular that I should be worried about?

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Thank you Texas Kid for getting back to me about the nutes! :) Sorry if I keep asking questions that have been answered on other threads. I enjoy the functionality of this site and I find that everyone is extremely helpful!:D Thank you to those who have answered questions or are following! It wouldn't be the same without feedback and I really appreciate the comments/suggestions.;) Whether I use the information provided on this thread or extrapolate information from other threads, the information that can be gathered here is some of the best on the net! With that being said, I will be using the "Big Bud" weeks 3-6 at 2 ml/gal. Again everyone, thank you very much for the comments/suggestions! Keep em coming!:cool:

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

:D Progress shots!!:D​
Pistil Production
:watching:​
DSC01786 DSC01787 DSC01788 DSC01789
So... Heres an issue that I am noticing. (Ive never had plants do this before..) On the True OG's, Im getting some really weird leaf mutations. I dont know if this could be just a strain characteristic, but the problem is as follows.​
1.) Unusual amount of leaves. (Most True OG's That I have are only on their sets of 5 and being 40= inches tall. Some of these leaves are irregularly shaped and some only have 3-4 fingers per leaf. They appear to be healthy and there is no browning/yellowing of the leaves.)​
None of my other plants are going through this issue and they're all cared for the same way. The other strains seem to have no problems at all. Chemdog D is next in line as far as over all height and it is now on its sets of 9 with no signs of what I am noticing on the True OG's.​
So... Strain characteristic or something else?​

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

:watching: Here's what I'm seeing..:watching:
DSC01790 DSC01791 DSC01792 DSC01793 DSC01794 DSC01795

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wouldn't worry too much about little leaf mutations like that, as long as the color and growth are normal, they are probably just fine. I've had that before too, how there are 4 big leaflets then 1 small one, never seemed to effect anything. I think its mostly genetics.

There looking good, I think you said something about how you can't wait til they get 5' tall?? If thats what you meant, I would not grow any plant 5' tall under a horizontal light. IMO plants that tall is only good for vertical lighting or outdoors. Again, I'm not sure if thats what you meant so correct me if I misunderstood.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

I wouldn't worry too much about little leaf mutations like that, as long as the color and growth are normal, they are probably just fine. I've had that before too, how there are 4 big leaflets then 1 small one, never seemed to effect anything. I think its mostly genetics.

There looking good, I think you said something about how you can't wait til they get 5' tall?? If thats what you meant, I would not grow any plant 5' tall under a horizontal light. IMO plants that tall is only good for vertical lighting or outdoors. Again, I'm not sure if thats what you meant so correct me if I misunderstood.

Awesome! Thanks Lex! To answer your question, YES Im trying to get them to fit in the tent so Im going for large plants. Im breaking 44 inches on the tallest of the plants yet. I should probably explain a bit more in detail why I chose to do this.

My last grow was a cabinet grow of 3 plants using 4- 23 watt CFLs. After much debate and trial and error, I managed to pull off a 6 oz yield off of 3 18-20 inch plants. (GO BLUE DREAM!) When I was researching strains (I happen to have got some of mine from a reputable source with verified genuine genetics) I was looking for plants that had the potential to be large in the environment that I had planned. (I do not have the typical tent set up as it is. I had to improvise a bit to get what I needed as far as use) Heres a description from my source on the genetics that I chose.

Chemdog D:
Pedigree : Unverified / S1 91 Chemdog
Genetics: Hybrid
Feeding Level: Moderate-High feeder
Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks
Growth Structure: Fairly tall and bushy; Will need branch support for heavy colas.
Tips: Topping or super-cropping recommended for branching.

PO # 2:
Pedigree : Skunk #1 x Chemdog 91
Genetics: Sativa Hybrid
Feeding Level: Moderate
Flowering Time: 9-11 weeks
Growth Structure: Tall ; Fast growing.
Tips: Low stress training, topping, or super-cropping recommended.

No Info on the others because I didnt get them from the same place... As you can see from my pics, I have great light penetration through the canopy. I have some over/underlapping going on, but all in all its good. I wanted to use the tents space to my advantage. Hence growing these whoppers to to fit the inner dimensions of the tent. I didnt want any space within the tent to go to waste, but after setting everything up, the dehumidifier does take up valuable room in the tent that I did not account for (rookie move on my part, but hey wtfe! lol) After everything, Im really just trying to maximize what I have for the space that its in. PLEASE... IF MY LOGIC IS OFF... CORRECT ME!!

Top Bottom