TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

:D THE SWELL IS ON!!:D
:DGO BIGBUD!!:D
DSC01834 DSC01835 DSC01836 DSC01837 DSC01839

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

:D GETTING BIG AND FROSTY!!:D​
:watching: week 6 starts Saturday. Going to start the Overdrive then.:watching:​
:snaphappy: Stay Green Farmers! ENJOY!:snaphappy:
DSC01854 DSC01855 DSC01856 DSC01859 DSC01860 DSC01862 DSC01863 DSC01864

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

So.. Was going through the garden this morning and noticed some yellowing leaves on a few of the TRUE OG plants. Upon taking a closer look I noticed that there were some yellow/brown leaves, and below those were some leaves that were just f'n burnt! Im thinking 2ml per gallon of BIGBUD is a bit much... Im going to try dialing it back for a week or so to see what happens. Would a nitrogen deficiency cause leaves to turn brown and become dry like this?​
DSC01866

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

With N def you will see leaves towards the bottom of the plant yellow, when its severe they will turn almost white/yellow and fall off. I don't think 2 ml per gallon will burn your plants like that, when a plant gets burnt its usually the leaf tips and you should notice it soon. If its inside towards the middle of the plant on old leaves its most likely K or P def.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

With N def you will see leaves towards the bottom of the plant yellow, when its severe they will turn almost white/yellow and fall off. I don't think 2 ml per gallon will burn your plants like that, when a plant gets burnt its usually the leaf tips and you should notice it soon. If its inside towards the middle of the plant on old leaves its most likely K or P def.

Thank you Lex! I appreciate you answering all of my stupid mundane questions! lol. :) Thank you for your help! The leaves that are starting to turn are older leaves at the base of the plants (maybe the 2nd or 3rd set of fan leaves)o_O . Ill definitely take a look into those issues later on this evening. How do you know the difference between K and P def? Any recommendations as far as additives to use to fix either of these problems? Thanks in advance Lex!:D

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You can narrow it down by where it shows on the plant, if its new growth its an immobile nutrient def, if its on old growth its a mobile nutrient def. The mobile nutrients are N P K Mg S and the immobile nutrients are Ca + all the micro nutrients, since yours is on old growth and its heavy necrosis during flower its probably K or P. Its most likely not P because cannabis does not need large amounts of P during any growth stage and it could turs the leaves a purple color along with yellow/brown edges.

If its at the base of your plants then its definitely a mobile nutrient def, which could be from a lack of the nutrient, too much of 1 nutrient can lockout another, or your pH is too far out of range.

IMO I think its a lack of 1 or more nutrients, but just to be safe let me know what nutes your using, the amount per gallon of water, the frequency of use, if you use plain water in between feedings, and the pH and EC of your nutrient solution before and after its in your pots. That info will help me help you.

P.S. There is no prob answering your questions bro, I enjoy helping others if I can. Also, Google 'deficiency and abundance chart for cannabis' or something like that and one of the results should show a chart of leaves with multiple deficiencies and how they look.

If you can't find it I will post it for you when I'm able to get back on my desktop computer.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

:doctor: HEALTHY LEAF CHART:doctor:​
Healthy Leaf Guide
Thank you soooo much Lex!! Seriously!! I found this little gem online and thought I'd share it with the rest of the farm in case someone in the future had a problem that this simple picture could help eliminate. With that being said, I think you're absolutely right about there being a deficiency. Magnesium deficiency to really narrow it down. The plants I'm having a problem with display these characteristics to the letter so I went and picked up a bottle of Botannicare's Cal-Mag. The bottle says to use 1 tsp (5 ml)/gal. Ill find out what my ppm's and everything else are later on in the evening and post my results. Til then farmers, keep it green!​

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That chart is great, but there is one issue. It has Ca on the mobile nutrient side when it is suppose to be on the immobile side, other then that it is very accurate and has helped me in the past.

Mg is needed more during flower then veg so that is a possibility too, I would use your nutrient solution with the Cal-Mag at 25% and give enough for 100% run-off. That should clean out any build up of an improper nutrient balance and recharge the coco with fresh and balanced nutrients.

After that use it at 100% strength with sufficient run-off and don't let the coco dry out. I'm not sure if you know this, but coco does better when it stays wet. I'm growing seedlings in coco and they grow the best when I water at least once a day compared to every 2nd or 3rd day. There roots did not even fill in the solo cup and they can still handle 2 irrigations a day. I have other seedlings in a mixture of Sunshine #4 (mostly peat and perlite), coco and perlite and they can go 2-3 days without water, but the plants in 80/20 coco/perlite will show tip burns and slowed growth if I don't water everyday. Just food for thought.

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Week 8 started Saturday. 2nd week of the Overdrive stops this coming Saturday.​
The buds are getting extremely resinous! Some of the True OG leaves are turning purple from the leaf veins outward. The Herojuana OG is also starting to turn purple. Enjoy the pics! Ill post again right before harvest!!​
20130416 220504
20130416 220539
20130416 220614
20130416 220648
20130416 220708
20130416 220725

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Plants are looking real good. Well done.

FYI - The Botanicare Cal-Mag has N in it.

I use it up to week 4-5 then switch to GH CalMg+ that has no N. I just try to keep unnecessary Nitrogen down late in flower.

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom