My own creation Stinky MacRiddle

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Has that worked for you?
Basically like glass. I've used it a few times. It's supposed to cut and nick them to death. It helps, but really needs to be included into a multipronged approach. I think what's going to help the most is things like the Dr. zyme, nematodes, and most of all increasing the air flow.

growsince79

growsince79

Basically like glass. I've used it a few times. It's supposed to cut and nick them to death. It helps, but really needs to be included into a multipronged approach. I think what's going to help the most is things like the Dr. zyme, nematodes, and most of all increasing the air flow.
I got that gnatnix 2 years ago and never used it till now. I heard it's no longer available. I'm maxed out on airflow. 2 fans + exhaust 24-7. I'll be chopping the headband in a couple weeks. After that no more pots with holes in the bottom.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I got that gnatnix 2 years ago and never used it till now. I heard it's no longer available. I'm maxed out on airflow. 2 fans + exhaust 24-7. I'll be chopping the headband in a couple weeks. After that no more pots with holes in the bottom.

Yea, I think I had a bag somewhere, used a little but threw it out, cause it's so fucking messy. I don't like the idea of flying glass in the air, actually. Seems overly hazardous, IMO.

Watch that dust brother. My guess is that you've got exactly zero problems with stem strength about now too. That alone is protection.

growsince79

growsince79

Yea, I think I had a bag somewhere, used a little but threw it out, cause it's so fucking messy. I don't like the idea of flying glass in the air, actually. Seems overly hazardous, IMO.

Watch that dust brother. My guess is that you've got exactly zero problems with stem strength about now too. That alone is protection.
I was about to start using silica, then I thought maybe the glass is all it needs. IDK. I'm not expecting much out of these. Just testing to see if I want to keep these seeds or feed them to chickens. I almost threw em away 2 weeks ago. I might freeze some pollen and hit the girls with Colombian pollen just in case they are as good as I hope for.

growsince79

growsince79

I was about to start using silica, then I thought maybe the glass is all it needs. IDK. I'm not expecting much out of these. Just testing to see if I want to keep these seeds or feed them to chickens. I almost threw em away 2 weeks ago. I might freeze some pollen and hit the girls with Colombian pollen just in case they are as good as I hope for.
The one good thing about the Colombian and Colombian Hybrids (besides the ridiculously fast growth) is that it can grow right beside infected buds and never get bud rot.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Raw silica 👌🏻🤌🏻.

growsince79

growsince79

Just watered tap with 1tsp grow 1/2 tsp bloom
Starting top right going counter clockwise 1 2 3 4. 4 was accidentally fimmed. Guess the males and win a prize. I guess 1 and 3.

IMG 20211112 173007054
IMG 20211112 173340843
Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Watered 1/2 tsp grow and 1 tsp bloom. Too much droop. I think they still have bugs/ root issues. Waiting to sex then transplant girls.

IMG 20211115 173043444
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Raw silica 👌🏻🤌🏻.
Yup; or a Ki zillion of those little desiccant packets that they put crushed into medicine bottles, or ship with electronics.

Why is Si02 so fucking expensive. I've got rocks survey essay's that were done at the bottom of my property in the mountains that are virtually pure silicon. ie SiO4 silicon-oxygen tetrahedra. Very hard shit. massive boulders of the stuff, size of cars. Sitting at the bottom of the waterfall. Also good quality high quality; ground up sand should be very similar composition. Lot's of sharp edges to cut.

@growsince79 Ground up glass should be the same also. That seems like the most $$$ friendly, frugal option.

800px Quartz Tibet

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Not sure how readily available the gnatnix is. The stems don't look like they've been getting silica. Of course that could also be from the root aphids. I'll probably start adding potasium silicate to the mix.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
im sorry that i have not read your thread, i will though!

1. you said several times 20 - 30 days veg, is there a specific thing you look for that happens about that time (some say when the not alternating branching starts, some say ... well they say a lot... but you have been doing this, and you have a system) i wondered if there was some trigger, or maybe just the day that happens between 10 and 20 where you dont have a hot date or a good movie...

2. do you prefer seeds or clones or just whatever is there?

3. what ferts or foods or the like do you use?

i ask for many reasons, but the biggest is that you seem to have a system and it seems straight and smooth. i like that and love knowing these data points! im not wanting to steal your method or things nefarious like that, i am just a curious sort. ...and forgive my brazenness... your shit dont stink

growsince79

growsince79

I'm not trying for big yield. I like to flower as small as possible. On a very healthy vigorous seedling, I'll put them in 12-12 at 14-20 days. When things go wrong -like now this thread- I wait longer. I make seeds, so I want to test as many as I can and have lots of variety. I'm using dyna grow/bloom. Battling root aphids now.

growsince79

growsince79

im sorry that i have not read your thread, i will though!

1. you said several times 20 - 30 days veg, is there a specific thing you look for that happens about that time (some say when the not alternating branching starts, some say ... well they say a lot... but you have been doing this, and you have a system) i wondered if there was some trigger, or maybe just the day that happens between 10 and 20 where you dont have a hot date or a good movie...

2. do you prefer seeds or clones or just whatever is there?

3. what ferts or foods or the like do you use?

i ask for many reasons, but the biggest is that you seem to have a system and it seems straight and smooth. i like that and love knowing these data points! im not wanting to steal your method or things nefarious like that, i am just a curious sort. ...and forgive my brazenness... your shit dont stink
Plants won't flower until they are old enough. That can be anywhere from 3-20 weeks. Some can and do flower before they have alternating nodes. If I clone a very young plant and flip it to 12-12 on day 15, it might be 17 days before you see a pistil. But the clone might show in 5 days.

growsince79

growsince79

so far I see 1 male, 2 probable male, and 1 probable female. Will know in a day or two.

Top Bottom