My Pandoras Box

• Thread starter beanz240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beanz240

Here is some of my Pandoras Box. I have 4 in various stages of flowering. These are of one about 37 days flowering.

My pandoras box 2

My pandoras box 3

My pandoras box 4

My pandoras box 5

My pandoras box 6

My pandoras box 7

And this is one i just put in flower about 2 days ago.

My pandoras box

B

beanz240

Oh i forgot to add some details, these have been vegged about two and a half months in soil. Its just some cheap soil i mix with lots of vermisculite and pearlite. The flower room is about 4x4x7 with a 400 watt hps. The older flowering one wasnt topped or anything just put in flower and the other was topped and bound for more of a canopy. These pics just dont do em justice.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
PB is a brilliant strain. I did 5 runs with 5 phenos. Very nice mood enhancing weed!

B

beanz240

Hi herb, Yea i love this strain already, I owe you some thanks i was looking for anyone who grew this strain out and you were the only one that gave me any insight. You gave me the link to your grow and it has helped ALOT just wish i saw it earlier so thanks :yes

B

beanz240

Well herb would be the one to ask im sure but she sure does love a good 8-14-9 mix shes getting.

B

beanz240

Ok i'm thinking i'm going to keep track of one plant of Pandoras Box with the occasonal shots of the others.... If noone minds.

Girls 018

This first one is around 4 weeks old topped and ready for the final pot.(6 gallon waste baskets from the dollar store)

100 4974

and here she is around 2 days in the flower room. Topped and bound.

Now the smells of these things are just unique i just cant explain it yet.

Sorry had to edit couldnt see the date on the first pic. it was taken at 8/27/08

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking very green & healthy beanz :yes

B

beanz240

Thanks herer i went and checked out your querkle......Love it!!!! great job

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks beanz, they'll get there, hoping for something to look at with those. All sub's strains here look pretty f'ing good!

B

beanz240

The reason i chose this plant to keep a good record of is that she is just a little different than all the others. A slightly different colour, scent, and i vegged her a little longer. There are plenty of "tops" due to the training, i try to keep her at a rather even canopy.

F

FastForward

Beanz - what did you do to her in terms of fan trimming? leave her au natural, or remove fans later in flowering to allow light to penetrate lower?

B

beanz240

I just let her do her thing, usualy i do LIGHTLY trim the lower for air circulation and light but this time around i'm just letting her do her thing. The only thing that i do is adjust the fan leaves, tuck them under.

B

beanz240

Ok so i figured i would update a little, the leaves are turning more yellow than i like to see this early in flowering but after looking around at other peoples grows of this strain it looks to be almost normal. I checked the ph and it was just a touch higher than i like 6.9 so im adjusting the water and slowly lowering it down. I still havent gotten a "lemon" smell from them yet but maybe it will come later on one. now i gave the one a little more time in veg and it is starting to get just a little stretch to it. Maybe the yellowing has something to do with light not being able to get to the lower parts, i'm not to sure. I'll get the ph down a touch and go from there. I will try to get some pics up this weekend so you can get a look and let me know.

B

beanz240

TEMPERATURE?? Ok i was reading through the forums and someone had a similar issue as i am and Hererisssh said it was nitrogen def. thats what i was thinking but im also thinkig that my temp flux could have been doing this. Is this possible? im getting the camera this weekend to get some pics up to help you help me. OOOH also i found a "lemony" one. Well i didnt find it the wife did she likes to umm stroke the stalk, i know, and we found one that smells kinda grapefruity. Its the short bushy one. Im getting so excited. Ok well if i could get some info on if they are temp sensitive, or if i need to look more into nitro.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
What is the 8-14-9 mix you mentioned earlier in this thread beanz? When did she start getting this?

Early temp problems and N def can present in a similar way (yellowing), except temps usually show in the tops and N in the bottom leaves.

B

beanz240

Ok i confess the nutes are just shultz plant food and a bloom boost the closest nute store is an hour away so when i ran out i just was a dumb dumb and used that. I started the bloom 8-14-9 about a week into flower. The yellowing is bottom and just a touch in the middle just 1 or 2. there was a couple colder days and i kinda let it get colder than usual about 63ish. Ever since i had a purple strain and let it get a little cooler with the colour change i've let it slide a little.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
It looks like the Shultz has done well. Ultimately, you as long as you give them the right balance of any source of NPK, and get some micros from your tap water, the plants are indifferent and will perform. I'd say you're doing great.

Usually its slightly N if it starts from the bottom with a general yellowing of the leaves. It's tough to know when to swap nutes after switching to 12/12, my tendency is to swap too early.

From the looks of the full flowering plant pics you posted, you don't need much advice :)

B

beanz240

Well thanks for tha kind words but i can always use some help. And reading some of your advice i'm sure to gladly listen. Thanks

B

beanz240

Ok so heres a pic or two im gonna take some more tomarrow. Now the yellowing has seemed to stop or at least slow. Most of the yellow leaves have fallen off. Still not sure if it was nitro or temps i just seem to over think everything so i tried to adjust everything instead of figuring out what was wrong.

100 5289

See how she is starting to stretch but in a good way

100 5291

the lower leaves

Top Bottom