My Pandoras Box

• Thread starter beanz240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beanz240

Hey sub, i havent really tasted any lemon or cherry yet its more of a mango/tangerine maybe taste. Its rather fruity just more exotic to me.

B

beanz240

Ok so i have some bad news for you today. First of all they were nanners (my fault) so shes gonna get the chop tonight, day 66. Not a big deal just wanted her to go longer and she really wanted to but it happens. I have one thats a week behind her and she is much taller and smaller buds....interesting. Also my camera went on the fritz so i cant get pics right now, however the wife is going back to school for photography so im trying to get her a decent dslr for christmas, i think its going to be a nikon all the research leads me that way, any ideas on that? Well besides all that i should be able to get some pictures up soon a few days or so.

F

FastForward

Hey beans...shame about the nanner. My little PB is looking like she'll do 9 full weeks, so you're only a little early. Should taste amazing though :) At the mo mine smells of heavy industrial with a tad of citrus.

As for cameras, it's all about the lenses when it comes to SLRs imho. You're buying into the system of lenses and over time you'll replace the body but keep the lenses. A body is for Xmas, a lens is for life :) I'm a Canon person...I like the metering and lenses....other people prefer Nikon for lens quality...but it's really splitting hairs...both supply incredible lens ranges and tidy bodies. Check out the Canon 450D for a great starter SLR, but if you or your mrs are serious about photography you'll want to change the stock lens immediately. If money is tight get an older model on eBay....30D is a great cam (I have one) and has been superceded by the 40D, so will be cheap....or the old 5D for amazing body (also recently superceded by the 5DII).

Once I've got some decent buds to shoot I'll get my kit out and start shooting some proper photos of my grows...but atm my growing skills < photographic skills....

B

beanz240

Awesome tips ff, thank you very much. photography is something she has been passonate about for many years so we think that the schooling for the newer cameras and whatnot would be a great idea. I just wanted to get her off to a good start. Now i will look at some reviews on the canons. Thanks again Fast:dance

B

beanz240

Ok so here i am again i borrowed a camera from a friend, same model just different settings. it's been about 2 weeks since picture updates so i'm excited to see the growth i can't see from looking at them everyday. I've been a little frustrated lately so i didnt spend alot of time getting the pics right, sorry. OOOOOHH but on a positive note when i was trimming sallie (i know sally i wanted sallie) she smelled of a BIG huge bowl of fruit loops cereal WOW was that great i can't wait to taste her. But here are some pics.

100 5565

100 5567

100 5572

100 5581

100 5585

100 5586

F

FastForward

They look great Beanz. Froot loops also sounds amazing....mmmmmm....froooot looooops....hope you got a cut :) How long are they in 12/12 now, and how much longer you reckon? Trichs still look v. clear...

B

beanz240

Hey Fast Forward ,thanks for stopping in, she's at day 49 i believe. im going to let her go another 2 weeks or so. I am having a real problem trying to find the yellowing i'm still thinking its gotta be the temps they seem to like it just a little on the warmer side. Oh and get this...i made a little "self watering" system where i just turn it on and it waters them all well anyways it dripped a little on the outside of the containers and wiped off the numbers so i dont know which cutting goes to which...DOH. Ya know i saw somewhere a pic of a PB that was real purple and i just cant find it again, i wonder if it was just my imagination. Also im having some problems with a few clones this time, its gotta be the light, i only have 1 out of 9 rooting the rest are dying. I read one of Subs threads where he just makes a cut puts it in a freezer bag puts it in the veggie keeper in the fridge for 2 weeks and then puts them in plugs and he gets roots in a few days. I'm having a hard time with that idea but im gonna try it.

B

beanz240

Oh yea forgot to mention these bad girls really pack on the weight the last week or 2. I can see the difference just looking at em everyday the last 2 weeks.

B

beanz240

Look what i found today

Hi guys i just thought i'd share what i found today. Once again i'm sorry about the pics are so sloppy i'm going to try and try to figure out how to get a good pic. She's going purple, none of the others were yellowing as bad. I had a feeling she was going to be different when she was younger thus the reason i picked her to keep better track of.
100 5623

100 5625

so there is a leaf i just cant get this damn thing to get a better whole shot, it gets frustrating. I'm going to keep trying till i get it its gonna be a few days i'm sure but she's still got a few weeks so i got time.

B

beanz240

I am not useing a tripod i set the camera on a table and set the timer. I have a small peice of wood to set the loupe on in front of it for some close ups. Help help help. I'm probably going to be able to afford a better camera till the new year.

B

beanz240

Getting better pics?

Ok i have been practicing on this camera and well i'm getting there but the pictures look much different when they are on here so i have to put them on here to test. And hopefully get some feedback. So i think the biggest problem was the lens was dirty. I know like i stated before i am not a smart man. :shake

100 5656 2

F

FastForward

Getting there Beanz.... continue with the timer, but close the aperture down a bit to get more depth of field, if you want a really clean shot. Also from what I've seen, dark backgrounds tend to work best for canna photography for better contrast. Looking good though...great improvement.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah a dark backround will make them 100% better .:flower

B

beanz240

Excellent you guys rock!!! I cant really adjust much on this camera ive been reading for hours and there isn't much i can do. If i can make something or anything like that then i will. I'm just going to keep experimenting i guess. So dark backround got cha thanks soooo much.:nod

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Your pic above is beautiful and oncew you have a dark background your gonna be amazed how she stands out:flower

B

beanz240

Wow

Wow big difference this is just a "prototype" for whats going to be. Thanks so much for the tips guys. :inlove
I love this site.

100 5721

F

FastForward

Beanz - your next move is going to have to be understanding exposure and lighting....e.g. in this photo the top of the bud is overexposed. It's probably a metering issue.

Press the button on the back that looks like a crosshair - it'll allow you to change the focal point in the viewfinder (the red dots). Move it with the finger roller until it's on one of the top ones. Now focus. The image will be focussed on the part of the plant that you want and most importantly will calculate the shutter speed and aperture to expose that part of the plant correctly.

If you want the whole plant sharp and in focus you'll need to set Aperture Priority and stop the aperture down to f8 or something smaller.

TBH mate, it's easier if you goto M mode (fully manual) and play around. It's the only real way to learn. Google for some camera basics tutorials or check YouTube too.

B

beanz240

Fast Forward you have been a great help, i appreciate everything you are showing me.(I didn't even think to look on youtube) the camera is a Kodak c734 so i dont have alot of the options i've been playing with the iso and exposure compensation. I'll just keep trying and with your help i'm getting there. I still have to figure the best lighting to use, but the backround that made quite a difference the plant POPS out more and it's so simple. So with lights out i have about 100 pictures of my coffee.

Top Bottom