My Pandoras Box

• Thread starter beanz240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Ahhhhhh....sorry geezer!!!! That'll be total martian to you then :)

Things to try will be:

- Landscape Mode (or equiv): should close the aperture down for you and give you more depth of field (use timer or rest on a surface)
- Macro Mode: for close ups....try turning the flash off for macro and have it rested again
- Black background
- Try experimenting with lighting - with and without flash. Move a light (ideally blue spectrum, like a 125w CFL if you have one) around the plant....behind, sides, above, below, to see what effects there are and which shadowing you prefer (you can remove shadows altogether with 2 lights and clever positioning)
- Turn the ISO down to 100 manually if you can - you'll won't be able to hand hold it, but you'll get much less grainy and higher quality photos

Most of all....just play with everything....ultimately there are no real rules, just guidelines and good practices....shoot first, think later....then analyse...then think and then shoot... :)

B

beanz240

Thank you sooo much FastForward you have been the greatest help. Without your help and pointers i wouldn't have a starting point.

B

beanz240

Ladies and gentlemen...Samantha

Ok so if you have followed this thread you will know i've had problems with my picture taking skills, but with the help of some gracious farmers here, FF and others, i'm working them out. now i would like to introduce Samantha, she has been the tallest least bushiest and smaller buds on her. She is at day 70 today and will wait till tomorrow to get the chop. Please dont mind the sloppy backround, the wrinkles and such. i'm still learning, and tired...trial and error. After about 100 shots this is what i give.

100 5732

100 5755

100 5758

100 5770

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Lookin good bro , Try to get your bud closer to your background like around 3 or 4 inches and try to snap a few and see what ya think .

F

FastForward

Awesome work Beanz!! Major improvement all around....looking great. Always room for improvement though - to blow out, or blur the background, try setting your cam to portrait mode and focus on the plant....keep the cam on something again. With luck the bud will be in focus and the background will be blurry, which keeps attention/focus on the plant. Or move the background back as Zoo suggests, also a good move. I'd also lose the datestamp personally, but that's personal choice - I think it detracts from the bud, if you're going for proper budpr0n

B

beanz240

You guys are awesome, truly the greatest, thanks for the help and the patience with my out of the times ass. LOL its funny you say take the date out i was playing with that earlier and writing in some text like some of the pros. But i shall get the date out and play with the backround move it and i still gotta figure the lighting better. This is great practice before i get to upgrade, i have to read and read and study. Thanks again guys:handshake

S

stone69

I'm torn between "Pandora's Box" and "Strawberry Diesel"... Decisions.... Decisions...

B

beanz240

Update on Emily

Were we are back with Emily. Day 56, things i've noticed about her is that she doesn't like the cooler temps. I never let the room under 65 degrees f. at night and it doesn't go over 75 in the day so she must just be kinda stuck up, none of the other girls are having the yellow issue that she is.:muscle It seems as she is still producing bud mass though and she is still healthy, leaves still going for the sun. She is going to go 2 more weeks till the big day. Ya know i really wish i had some bubble bags as the trim from these girls would be nice.

100 5819

100 5811

100 5826

100 5834

100 5839

100 5844

F

FastForward

/me sings "See Emily Play" :)

Turning some lovely colours for you too. Have you started flushing her? Great photos too :)

B

beanz240

Hey FF, thanks for everything. I did stop feeding with the water on the last watering. The past couple didn't lighten up at all with a 2 week flush so i think the soil was still good and rich of nutes.

B

beanz240

Oh Sub thanks dont go to me they go to you for the work you do and to FastForward and Zoo for the help.

B

beanz240

So i was going over my papers and emily was a twin. I was able to save them both, the other half was the runt and is still in veg. Do you think this could be with the differences between emily and the others? I wondered how the twins were going to turn out.

B

beanz240

Ok i'm thinking it's not a twin thing. I have a question for you guys...seeing as i'm more of a sog kind-o-guy i'm not an expert with massive training. Would i need to up any nutrient doses? More branching more need for food right?

B

beanz240

Update time

So it's the weekly update time. For the most part shes coming along just fine. Most of the older, bigger, yellower fan leaves are dying off. I was hoping this was going to be her last week but the closer examinations of the trichs are telling me she wants to go longer :( I'm thinking i'm going to up the temps a touch maybe 80 day 70 night see if they like that any better. I went and got a new temp/humidity meter and it's the same so i'm just going to slowly adjust the temps up. Ok its not letting me upload pics right now i'll try in a few minutes.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
she's a beauty beanz, you've done her right bro

D

DNDGrower

beanz

I am salivating right now. I can't wait for my PB seeds to get here.

B

beanz240

Best pics yet, imo

Thanks for the awesome words guys, you all rock and motivate my to keep trying. So i finally took a ton of pictures that i really got impressed with myself. Now i just have to chose which to put on here. Here she is at day 68. Thanks to all of you again....damn it i cant load em again, just a minute

Top Bottom