My personal opinion on UC8XL so far

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Wow, great update for sure! You really hit every facet needed to succeed with a UC system.(chiller, dehuey, AC, co2 etc etc...) You're no doubt going to kill it.

Very nice set up Mo. :)

Thanks buddy I'm trying

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nice setup man - good details too

I been thinking about the U.P.S for awhile now to at least power my pondmaster - being in the mountains I get power outages frequently in winter

I have a generator for those moments - but if power goes out and Im not at the homestead it would be nice to at least have the air going

what size you using and have you tested it yet to see how long it will run?

Aligee

Aligee

nice one bro I'm liking it so far ... here's a lil rep... keep it coming !!!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

nice setup man - good details too

I been thinking about the U.P.S for awhile now to at least power my pondmaster - being in the mountains I get power outages frequently in winter

I have a generator for those moments - but if power goes out and Im not at the homestead it would be nice to at least have the air going

what size you using and have you tested it yet to see how long it will run?

Yeah it's a 900w and there is a small monitor on the front that tells you down to the last minute how much back up power is left. It all varies on what you have plugged in the back up outlets. There is also a voltage in and out reading and a load reading so you know everything going on. My guess is off the 60l/min air pump you could get a good 20-30min of backup power which is enough for me usually they have the power back on around here around 20 min or so when it goes out. It's not as effective as a generator of course but it will buy you an extra half hour or so. It's worth the money IMO.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Yeah it's a 900w and there is a small monitor on the front that tells you down to the last minute how much back up power is left. It all varies on what you have plugged in the back up outlets. There is also a voltage in and out reading and a load reading so you know everything going on. My guess is off the 60l/min air pump you could get a good 20-30min of backup power which is enough for me usually they have the power back on around here around 20 min or so when it goes out. It's not as effective as a generator of course but it will buy you an extra half hour or so. It's worth the money IMO.

yep Im just looking for an extra hour or so

worth the cash for sure - thx for the quick answer

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

nice one bro I'm liking it so far ... here's a lil rep... keep it coming !!!

I will... Next pic you see they will be in bloom :) I can't wait for you guys to see what this cut spits out it is truly something special. We have had the cut in the house for about 2 years now and I have yet to find anything better around here this whole time on the smoke tip. Just stay tuned folks it's about to go down.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent photos and details brah! This is shaping up to be a proper journal for sure... :cool

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Quick update... I drained the system as much as I can and filled it back up with plain r/o water. I'm about to let that circulate around until my trash can is full of r/o water again. Then I'm gonna drain the uc one last time and fill it back with premixed flower nutes. That should be happening tomorrow I'm gonna start bloom tomorrow after lights off if not I'm about to start the next day. Either or though it's about to get ugly here in a few days. I feel confident about this grow it's about to be mr.nasty time.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Ok... Here we are at the end of day 1 12/12 this is about to be sick. I flushed the system yesterday and filled it back with hg's week 1 normal strength recommendations... Per gal 6.5ml a&b, 1.1ml roots excel, 3.8ml multi zen and .4 drip clean. I also used 4ml per gal calmag plus and .1ml gh ph up per ml of aqua flakes. top off res is filled to the same Specs and is holding another 8 gal of premixed week 1 nutes.. Ph is steady at 5.8 I'll post more pics at the end of the week.
http://i70.invalid.com/albums/i90/thafharmacist/8a332514.jpg

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Plants are looking happy
You gonna drop a screen on em?
BG

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Plants are looking happy
You gonna drop a screen on em?
BG

I doubt it but I'm probably gonna cut the bottom 1/3 of the plants off though I'm good on trying to trim up those little buds. They got big way fast it's gonna be a tight squeeze in there this time around but it's all good. I should do a screen though its not like it would be hard to do nor would it take very long. Good idea bg I'm gonna have to think about that for a second.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Update... Ph has been swinging it started at 5.8 and rose to 6.4 I keep knocking it down to 5.8 but it ends up at 6.3 or so by the next day I don't understand why this is happening. I know it could be drift from my plants eating but that's bullshit cuz in my mom rdwc I built it stayed at 5.8 even when the plants drank the shit out of the water and I didn't top it off... Hg is extremely stable in the rdwc and sdwc I have ran it in. So stable I let it go for 5 weeks with out adding anything and changing anything out and my moms still looked perfect. What is wrong with the uc to where its making my ph swing?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Some times higher aeration can make the pH rise a bit...nutes tend to be more readily available in the UC too which could necessitate running your nutes a little weeker..

Try reducing the ppm's by diluting the system with pure water.....pH swings are often associated with nutes being a little to high. IMO

Top Bottom