My plant is bending over

• Thread starter joana1998
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joana1998

joana1998

Hello i'm new around here, is my first time planting canabis. i sprout 2 seeds but one of them seems to start bending, can someone try to help me i dont know whats the problem.
im using a spiderfarmer sf1000 around 40cm above the plants 55% dim

My plant is bending over
Heywood

Heywood

He has that LED at 15 inches and at 55% power? Those seedlings don't need more than that.

Those seedlings just need to be put into deeper pots and soil added to bury some of the stem for support.

Those pots he's using only look to be 3 or 4 inches tall.

freezeland2

freezeland2

He has that LED at 15 inches and at 55% power? Those seedlings don't need more than that.

Those seedlings just need to be put into deeper pots and soil added to bury some of the stem for support.

Lol, yep. I didn’t convert the CM’s to inches.

joana1998

joana1998

the pot is 3 inches, should i transplant them already to bigger pots? final pots?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just my opinion, but I would probably transplant them into 1 gallon cloth pots and leave 3 inches of side wall so you can add more dirt if necessary. I don’t think they make smaller than 1 gallon cloth or I would probably go smaller and then keep up Potting. Heywood Just went through this very scenario! So I am sure he will be happy to go into the procedure in more detail with you, won’t you Heywood. Other people will have other opinions so there is no hurry. And if I’m not mistaken they have the gender confused. You can handle this!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Or you can leave them in those pots and keep supporting them until the roots develop a little more and then transplant. If you decide to go for it and no one will help you out. Get a hold of me and I will try and walk you through it. It’s pretty simple. Hang in there.

joana1998

joana1998

Or you can leave them in those pots and keep supporting them until the roots develop a little more and then transplant. If you decide to go for it and no one will help you out. Get a hold of me and I will try and walk you through it. It’s pretty simple. Hang in there.
Sem Ttulo
i got those from amazon, tomorrow i think i will try to transplant. which pot do you recommend?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The smallest. You don’t have any grow stores near you? A 1 gallon cloth pot which looks more like a half gallon, cost about a buck and a half. The smaller The pot during the early stages the easier it is to water. And see if you can get some happy frog soil to transplant into that might be a little pricey. But We will work with what you have.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And other option would be to transplant into an 18 ounce red solo cup.Ideally you probably want to cover the stem up to within an inch of the cotyledons. The little round leaves on the bottom.

joana1998

joana1998

And other option would be to transplant into an 18 ounce red solo cup.Ideally you probably want to cover the stem up to within an inch of the cotyledons. The little round leaves on the bottom.
I'll transplant to the smallest one I have maybe they will hold on, thanks for your knowledge 😀

Heywood

Heywood

Heywood Just went through this very scenario! So I am sure he will be happy to go into the procedure in more detail with you, won’t you Heywood. Other people will have other opinions so there is no hurry. And if I’m not mistaken they have the gender confused.
Yeah... I guess I didn't look that closely at the name when I first responded and just used "he" out of habit. Sorry about that if you got lady bits.
And then it was nap time too. :)

Anyway, yeah, I did have to transplant mine due to an unwanted fungus. So a little different scenario there, in that I had to rinse all the soil off of the roots before putting them back into new soil.

Otherwise when I up-pot from a smaller container (Solo cup) to my final pot (5 gal this time) I just make a hole in the soil of the 5 gal pot the exact size of the Solo cup (But deeper) and transfer it out of the solo cup - soil and all - into the the new hole. I always lightly pre-water the new hole a bit so the roots can get busy doing what roots do. Then bring the soil level up to the desired level to support the stem.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Exactly.
Plus... get them transplanted into something deeper.

@Aqua Man ... House of the Dragon in 10 minutes. Put your keyboard down.
Hahaha right…. Snacks made and just getting some final posts in. So pumped

Latest posts

Top Bottom