My power organic mix

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shredder

For the more minor minerals in general I use LC 10+7 from Tera vita, it is 10% humic acid and the seven minerals. It's an excellent product, the minerals are chelated. I think earth juice's micro blast has iron, and I'm not sure if it is organic but spray and grow works well and has iron in it (at least I think it does). All three of these used foliar will take care of those odd yellowing problems that aren't mag or N caused....shredder

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ganja, I don't think you're giving foliar feeding a chance.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Ganja, I don't think you're giving foliar feeding a chance.
That's what my buddy's been telling me for the past couple of years or so. What can I say? I've got a hard head but it's getting softer. (I hope.) OK. OK. Now that my head and nose are out of the mash pit, (I bottled up 20 gals of fermented NPK++ concentrate last night), I'll turn over a new leaf and mist away, (selectively, of course), this afternoon. Thanks for the prompt.:tongueout

Shredder- thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

M

mrbong73

GG
you can find the Tera Vita LC 10 +7 here also.

In my opinion, liquid kelp foliar is in the "must have" category.
I also like to do pro tekt and neem oil sprays. 2x per week.

I also do aloe vera juice, kelp extract and fulvic acid foliars too.

U

Udyana Peace

GG

In my opinion, liquid kelp foliar is in the "must have" catergory.

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And kudos to mrbong for his information about Malibu Biodynamic Compost - now a 'must have' for my growing paradigm and 3 friends of mine.

Much, much appreciated.

UP

M

mrbong73

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And kudos to mrbong for his information about Malibu Biodynamic Compost - now a 'must have' for my growing paradigm and 3 friends of mine.

Much, much appreciated.

UP

Hey no problemo,
I'm really glad you think it's a quality product. I will also be using it as well as the Marwest compost (thank you for that ) and the Agrowinn EWC (thank you redux) as my humus component in all my mixes.

It's been a genuine pleasure to have the opportunity to learn from quality individuals such as yourself. Thank YOU! (redux redux etc)

U

Udyana Peace

mrbong73

The most important part of living a good life is to help others on their path. You're both a good student and more importantly (IMHO) a good teacher.

Quite a force in nature, eh?

UP

G

globe_toker

How long do you think this mix will have to sit before its ready for use, 3 weeks?

S

Shredder

GG

In my opinion, liquid kelp foliar is in the "must have" category.

I use it both foliar and as a drench. But I have read that humic acid is not taken up by the leafs due to the size of the molecule, but fulvic acid is. I do not know the % of each in the lc10+7. You mentioned fulvic, but not humic, is that why? If so what type of fulvic do you use.....shredder

M

mrbong73

I use it both foliar and as a drench. But I have read that humic acid is not taken up by the leafs due to the size of the molecule, but fulvic acid is. I do not know the % of each in the lc10+7. You mentioned fulvic, but not humic, is that why? If so what type of fulvic do you use.....shredder
Shredder,
The term Fulvic is not allowed on labels in Ca. or Or. So some companies call their fulvic acid,humic acid.
I have been using Bioag's Ful Power which is a fulvic acid.
Fulvic acid will be lighter in color (golden) compard to humic acid which is darker (brown/black)
Bioag's products are not derived from Leonardite which is a very good thing. Most humic acids on the market are from Leonardite and are inferior (imo).
Not sure about the tera vita product. Heard it's good though.

S

Shredder

Shredder,
The term Fulvic is not allowed on labels in Ca. or Or. So some companies call their fulvic acid,humic acid.
I have been using Bioag's Ful Power which is a fulvic acid.
Fulvic acid will be lighter in color (golden) compard to humic acid which is darker (brown/black)
Bioag's products are not derived from Leonardite which is a very good thing. Most humic acids on the market are from Leonardite and are inferior (imo).
Not sure about the tera vita product. Heard it's good though.

Yup, I read similar information about how different states have different labeling requirements, and further, on how the testing varies, and so on. I think the LC is from Leonardite but a high grade of the same. Anyway I like the product, the plants seem to as well, both as spray and drench. But then I've used spray and grow with good results for the yellowing problems that happen. Now I'm rambling, enough said I guess......shredder

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
FYI, "humic acid" is actually a suite of compounds, of which fulvic acids are but one.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

FYI, "humic acid" is actually a suite of compounds, of which fulvic acids are but one.
Ahh, an umbrella term. Missed that or it didn't register. Thx for saving me the time of connecting, yet, another pair of dots.

M

mrbong73

But some humic sources are low(er) in fulvic acids. ie Leonardite

U

Udyana Peace

Humic Acid Extraction Processes

mrbong73

What separates the humic and fulvic acids from BioAg vs. other sources is, once again, how they extract these compounds from the rocks.

Almost all of the humic acid products on the market are extracted from Leonardite using potassium or sodium hydroxide, potassium chloride, hydrochloric acid or hydrofluoric acid.

BioAg uses a cold-fermentation process using a culture developed by Dr. John Faust when he was conducting research in Hawaii. He also worked with one of the leading authorities on kelp, Dr. T. L. Senn, in which they were extracting humic and fulvic acids from North Atlantic Kelp as early as 1972.

But beyond all of that is that when it comes to humic/fulvic acids it's all in the source - salt water marsh? fresh water marsh? Coal? Fruitwood Era deposits?

RE: Oregon & California's Ban on the term 'fulvic acid'

The logic (hard to use that word here) used by both Oregon Tilth and California Certified Organic Farmers is a real study of the concept about "begging the question" on any number of levels.

Really weird...............

UP

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Based on the limited reading I've done, CA and OR only seem to have these restrictions because there are few standards for purity, testing, etc.

And, based again on reading of late, it appears that my goal of moving away from mined products may not work so well if I hope to build and maintain well-mineralized soils. HOWEVER! I think it would stand me in good stead to get a soil assay of our native clay. It's rich in mineable mineral resources (hell, I *am* in Gold Country after all) and red as all get-out, stains like hell, so at the very least it's rich in iron.

U

Udyana Peace

Based on the limited reading I've done, CA and OR only seem to have these restrictions because there are few standards for purity, testing, etc.

That part of the argument certainly had merit. The International Humic Substances Society has some good information if you're interested.

And, based again on reading of late, it appears that my goal of moving away from mined products may not work so well if I hope to build and maintain well-mineralized soils. HOWEVER! I think it would stand me in good stead to get a soil assay of our native clay. It's rich in mineable mineral resources (hell, I *am* in Gold Country after all) and red as all get-out, stains like hell, so at the very least it's rich in iron.

If the land hasn't been used for conventional agriculture production then you'll be pleasantly surprised with a comprehensive soil analysis. There are a number of soil testing methods described here and there is a list of labs which you can contact for further information. That site is from USDA from the section which helps farmers move from conventional to transitional and finally organic/sustainable farming processes.

Remember it's about remineralization and not mineralization, per se. I spoke with a rep from a lab which focuses on working with organic farmers in the valley and the discussion veered to the topic of CeC and in particular the Magnesium & Calcium levels one would want to see in a healthy soil. He told me that these 2 elements almost never come up on a soil analysis requiring amending - again on land which was not used for conventional (chemical) farming.

'Almost never' - heh

On average, for example, Calcium (Ca) makes up 4% of the earth's crust. That's a lot of Calcium. Whether or not you want to use Calcium as the method to adjust a soil's pH is a whole other discussion and debate.

And then there's over-mineralization. I've even seen 50 lb. bags of Boron (Solubar product from U.S. Borax) at the farm stores - 50 lbs. of a trace mineral? <shakes head>

UP

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

My first inkling of the influence of earth's minerals on human food came about 40 years ago when I was on GB's Dover Coast and I had my first taste of what was to become one of my favorite cheeses- Cheshire. The sea salt, the calcium rich soil adjacent to the chalky cliffs and the selectively bred cows, (mustn't forget them) produce a milk and ultimately a cheddar cheese that is unlike any other. I've had similar experiences w/ wine- an earthy undertone that elicits the distinct and unmistakable aromas of the rolling hills around Tuscany, Chianti or Sonoma County.

After reading and digesting the Argricola interview and extending my understanding of +/- ion relationships in solution to include the cation exchange capacity, (CEC) of soil, (what a novel concept!- lol ;-) I have more to say than what I could put into one post and more to learn.

Our neolithic ancestors may have moved to the farm, but they didn't leave the hunter-gather behind. I would posit that re-mineralizing one area of the earth by redistributing materials that were mined from mineral rich deposits located in another is an extension of our inherent hunting and gathering make-up. Our species spent 10's of thousnads of years on the hunt before we settled down and began planting in rows. Manipulating and adapting to our surroundings to meet our survival needs is simply what we, and on a broader level, what all organic species are mandated to do.

The train- consuming less fuel and transporting more by working w/ gravity instead of against it is still hard to beat when it comes to human invention. I don't know how much the US is currently spending on warheads, but I imagine there could be enough money ferreted out of military expenditure to create a railway network and sub networks that were efficient and comprehensive enough to distribute minerals and re-mineralize our depleted farmlands. The prices of manufactured goods would, by extension, also take a hit.

Top Bottom