My power organic mix

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abek666

Abek666

actualy you can skip the rare earth when using molasses imo and im envy your support sorce of EWC cause i dont get a grip here at the nurserys they dont sell it to normal coustomers just selling it to agriculture croper's with evidence of a comercial crop and selling out all your info to the gov cause they have to...
btw have fun with your garden

think of leting sit your mix 6 weeks so everything is alive by the time you set plants in it just my 2 cents

Abek666

Abek666

every week you have to water it a bit and bring o2 in it with mashing it up... hope this make sense
see ya

Abek666

Abek666

ähm... you have an indoor thing going or what?
when not, take chicken wire and make cages around them it helps alot
when u have probs with snails or what so ever u only have to use this http://schneckenzaun.stop-die-schnecke.com/seite7.php
this is naturel and dont harm your plants and is freaking cheap and holds for the whole season it works like a charm... I like to use it for my outdoor vegetables,
just take a plastic cup make a hole in the bottem and a slice on the side to bring it around your plants, after you aplied it to your plantz just tape it with some panzer tape and apley the snail paste it will conquer snails and every other pest that cant fly so it will be safe...

... Have a nice day

Abek666

Abek666

i think they will love your mix i mean your plants but rabbits and dear love to eat weed loaf so make sure they dont get to it btw racoons dont eat it but they looking for fish cause you use shrimp manure its posible that they wake your plants in the search for the fish in the earth and that will harm your plants

have fun with your plants

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Abek666- thanks for the snail paste link. Between diatomaceous earth and copper strips (that is, before they get oxidized like the one that's wrapped around my Pink Lemonade tree that I can see outside of the window ATM), I've managed to keep them abated, but I can see some situations where a good biotic paste would be the cat's meow.

The native soil is somewhat fertile, not depleted but its okay clay-loam. So I figure the total soil volume will be what I add + a gallon or two of native soil.
I grew in the hard-ass, cappuccino colored, sandstone clay that's typical of the mtn ranges along the Cali coast for several years. I achieved my best results in areas that I tilled and amended en masse before I dug particularly if I was doing a rebuild of the soil in the planting holes. If the plant can get what it needs within the hole, it's roots will stay put and you essentially end up w/ a container garden in the ground. I didn't do it in one shot- a patch here, a patch there and over the course of a few years, I had a nice size bed where the roots could stretch out.
...I hope the plants will love the mix!
Oh yeah!

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you ever thought about adding some biochar into the mix?

dextr0

dextr0

I was thinking about some biochar the other day, I think i recall reading a paper on carbon:nitrogen ratios. Just cant find it.

Cool stuff tho....biochar I mean. Terra preta thats what u look up.

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
I was thinking about some biochar the other day, I think i recall reading a paper on carbon:nitrogen ratios. Just cant find it.

Cool stuff tho....biochar I mean. Terra preta thats what u look up.

Search for 'biochar' or 'terra preta' on youtube.

dextr0

dextr0

I noticed GH made a soil mix using it. The ppms are high from what ive read, but its interesting none the less because its old but new techs u know.

I really would like to know how to use it. Think one day Ill sit down and take a serious look. As of now though I do know that in the Amazon basin area and such they say its the only farm-able land, because of what the people of the land incorporated into certain spots. The "char". And that thats one of the things that they attribute to good land...imma go look it up somemore...

thanx.

EDIT: lol, that made no sense, but Imma leave it.

Abek666

Abek666

ohhhh now i get the idear... the thing is when you have bad earth or better sayed clay earth the only real way to go is make it good earth but this will take a little amount of time i mean 1-2 years but its worth the amount of time but some times just get rid of it dig a big ass hole and dont trash the dig out just let it sit but add some worms and anything kitchen realated trash but nothing not bio and after one season you get the freaking best earth you can imagine you will defenetly never can buy such good earth i mean i never buy any earth for my indoor projects and after 2 generations my plants can stand all the freaking fungus gnats that are in there cause there also nemathodes naturaly breading in there so they are under control. ok i had some mayor problems in the winter cause i cant get to my outdoor garden and had to buy some really bad shit earth and these gnats in there where bread for like 5-6 month and that screwd my whole indoor garden but now its spring :) and da good earth is back in buissnes and so my babys looking fine now. Back on track fill up the hole with your premium super mix ( i really think its a good mix) and next season mix it up with the big pile of composted soil and you will be absolutly happy its the way i do my legal gardens and the whole village now comes 1st to me before they go to the damn expensive one nursery here to get there plants back on track and now after one year no one goes there anymore cause i feelt the presure to tell the ppl they sell monsanto shit so boycott them (not total boycott just no more fucking "round up"and so on fertilisers or seeds from them actually the owner think of stoping to sell this crap! so its a small victory:)! )

Abek666

Abek666

i wish you, your plants and your garden the best things imaginable so you have the harvest of your life

my best regards to you and all other farmers

P.s.: its really much more good vibes here as on ic!

Abek666

Abek666

so i'm out and go to sleep. Worked 24 hours now 2 job's i hate this damn capitalism and in 6 hours have to go back in work, damn and im a student what a fucked system sorry for the rant have a nice day!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've loaned out my March issue of Acres, U.S.A. magazine to a friend, however, it had a short but sweet article on improving clay soils with biochar. I'm not sure it's applicable everywhere, nor am I sure it should be applied everywhere. My situation could/would probably improve, as I sit on heavy clay soil.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Terra Preta is one of those ancient (2500-3000 yrs old) techniques that reminds me of how intelligent and resourceful some of our distant ancestors were. We humans have had a pretty good track record when it comes to manipulating our surroundings and making the required adaptations for survival. Hopefully the powers that be will wake up or be replaced by forward thinkers now that we've moved up from the regional to the planetary level.
While researching FPJ, it wasn't a coincidence that I tangentially ran across a couple of articles/studies on biochar. "3rd world" (think we need a better term) countries have a head start on "industrialized" (ditto) nations, w/ these techniques because they are more compelled to recycle and squeeze everything out of their limited resources.

This isn't what I initially intended to post- was going to talk mineral products, but I'm running late, gotta get past the avoidance and go hunker down. Don't want to spend the evening w/ a bunch of pissed off thirsty/hungry ladies. :boogie:
Later.

G

globe_toker

hey buds,

just a quick update on how things are going this year.... so far so good, just mixed the soil up.... lost a couple fems so the mix was adjusted and ended up with about 16 gallons per plant. I decided to do a container organic grow so its not true organics unfortunately....this is because of security reasons now so..

soil texture is nice...smells earthy and rich... have to wear a dust mask while mixing, its really bad working with all that fertilizer....

I understand container gardening wont be as large as if i were to dig a huge hole but shit happens and i'll be satisfied with the container results...

G

globe_toker

FINALIZED CONTAINER MIX........

1 bale of pro-mix
2 x 35L shrimp compost
2 x 30L cow manure
2 x 30L worm castings
1 x 35L perlite

10750ml glacial rock dust (10kg bag)
3780ml Guano grow
1800ml Kelp meal
1800ml alfalfa meal
1800ml rock phosphate
1500ml dolomite lime
1000ml fishbone meal (stuff is smelly seriously...)

-125ml Hen Manure per plant
-125ml K-mag per plant

G

globe_toker

Veg time is almost over, so theres probably 2-3 weeks left of veg for these strains I'm running. Will be giving them another EWC/Kelp/Molasses/Alfalfa tea on the weekend. I fed them 2 weeks ago with that same tea and they responded well. I'll be feeding them a little bit of sea bird guano soon as well (10-10-2.) Not sure yet whether or not I will brew it or just feed immediately after mixing.

Question: How often do you guys feed plants with teas? I figure every 3 waterings? I use microbeman's ratios...

Top Bottom