My seedling are not growing

• Thread starter budsofgeorgia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Seedling are 8 days old. They do not look like there growing how could I have messed up already
I used my soil from my last grow ,I amended it with Gaia green all purpose like I always do and watered the cups with 4 oz of water and dropped the germinated seeds in added 1 more oz of water 5 days later I weighed the cups and gave them 3 more oz of water my ppfd is around 300

My seedling are not growing
My seedling are not growing 2
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd say that they are growing a root system first to supply new tops. Give them some more time they look great.
I have seen this before. Get them in big pots as soon as they start growing tops.
Best stop splash watering as well, soak them good. Then let them dry well before re watering otherwise your roots are running into dry pockets you cant see.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hey @budsofgeorgia - I wish I knew why seedlings grew slowly. According to just about everything I've read, they do indeed prioritize root growth, but if they all do it, then it doesn't explain why some grow more rapidly than others. The problem could be watering, but I suspect it's lack of nutrients. I'm wondering if organic nutrients like Gaia Green aren't fully effective at this stage of growth. I've been augmenting soil nutrients with foliar feeding lately. It seems to have helped clones I just rooted. The cotyledons on your seedlings seem to be showing slight chlorosis. So, perhaps a small dose of synthetic soil nutrients or foliar feeding might help increase your seedlings' rate of growth.

H

hawkman

you did nothing wrong - you are doing good - relax - the plant does change some times that natural -- here are a few addments you can use to increase to increase your root system _-Great White is good then any Myco product also for teas' consider Stump Tea -- a very good one is 'RootWise" what are you using for nutrients ?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

dont do anything, these are doing great. light might even be a little high but if the plants good good dont change anything. If you have earthworm castings, put about a tsp on top of the soil and water as normal. your growth look great for just a few days

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Next watering, give them straight water and alaskan fish oil. It will not burn your seedlings, and you will get a nice growth spurt from it. Water thoroughly and then give them a good dry back, repeat if you want.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

on my last grow with these the seedling were bigger at the stage as matter of fact the last 3 or 4 grows my seedling has been bigger at this stage , this is not my first grow i added kelp extract and i weighed the cups before and after watering
i did eventually mess that grow up but not during the seedling stage

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I was always taught to sterilise old soil if your going to use it and bakeing a load of old soil never seemed my cuppa tea.

Not saying your doing it wrong far from it, if you’ve made it work in the past that’s a good thing.

Just said it as due to the possibilities of pathogens, or fungi unless sterilised

As to why your seedlings are growing slowly I don’t necessarily think they are a weeks not a long time for a seedling it’s gotta forum a good root system first.

Still all that said at the back of my head I have this nagging feeling the soils become more compact making it harder on the roots slowing down the growth.

All that above mabye a load of bx however I have used soil that was hard on the roots and they took forever till I transplanted them into better soil

I don’t confess to know it all or be even right heck I am as willing to learn and be corrected without it busting my ego lol as long as it’s put well enough and not one of them blah blah you don’t know nothing posts witch imo you don’t do anyway 🙂

Top Bottom