my stuff got really dry last night but not the stems

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

it will hold a lil over a gallon of water hold on i will get a pic
So if I understand correctly, the stuff is drying somewhere where that is part of your living quarters and is being heated by an electric heater. You have a humidifier that holds about a gallon of water that is adding humidity to the whole living area. Is this the case?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

So if I understand correctly, the stuff is drying somewhere where that is part of your living quarters and is being heated by an electric heater. You have a humidifier that holds about a gallon of water that is adding humidity to the whole living area. Is this the case?
not living area but a 8x12 bedroom

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

what u see is right beside my tent and just have a black out curtain to cover it up

Anthem

Anthem

what u see is right beside my tent and just have a black out curtain to cover it up
Unfortunately you cannot have your cake and eat it to. A couple of things, that humidifier cannot really keep up with heater. Meaning it does not have the capacity to add more humidity than the heater is taking out. Either shut the heater down, move the buds to somewhere where you can get 50 percent Humidity and about 70 degrees or just deal with what you are going to get leaving them were they are. A bathroom or a closet what you can close off and just crack a door or something but there is not magic fix.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Unfortunately you cannot have your cake and eat it to. A couple of things, that humidifier cannot really keep up with heater. Meaning it does not have the capacity to add more humidity than the heater is taking out. Either shut the heater down, move the buds to somewhere where you can get 50 percent Humidity and about 70 degrees or just deal with what you are going to get leaving them were they are. A bathroom or a closet what you can close off and just crack a door or something but there is not magic fix.
if i had another tent to dry them in would that work ?

Anthem

Anthem

if i had another tent to dry them in would that work ?
If it has an exhaust fan and small circulating fan and you can put the humidifier in there it could work. Just remember you want at the least 50 percent RH up to 60 percent RH and Temperature around 70. The humidifier has to have a controller to turn it on and off. Also slow the exhaust fan way down so it does not bring in make up air from inside your bedroom. You basically have to climate control the tent and reach the numbers listed above and you will be fine. Make sure the humidifier is not spraying water vapors on the buds like in your earlier picture, that is going to create a mold factory.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If it has an exhaust fan and small circulating fan and you can put the humidifier in there it could work. Just remember you want at the least 50 percent RH up to 60 percent RH and Temperature around 70. The humidifier has to have a controller to turn it on and off. Also slow the exhaust fan way down so it does not bring in make up air from inside your bedroom. You basically have to climate control the tent and reach the numbers listed above and you will be fine. Make sure the humidifier is not spraying water vapors on the buds like in your earlier picture, that is going to create a mold factory.
ok i moved it well it seems to me a tent like in the pictures would be the best for me i love in a tiny 80 percent off grid home

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i might also look into one of the heaters that doesnt suck moisture out of the air like a quartz or infared heater

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah I would keep the humidifier going for sure you want to slow the dehydration process as much as you can. My target is always 60% slowly dried out over many days. However here in SoCal I have PTSD from harvesting in the Fall. The God dam dry Santa Ana desert winds always show up to fuck up your shit. I chopped a GDP two days ago and of course the humidity today dropped to 10%. Fucking bullshit 🙄

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

they do feel dry as hell they dont crumble or anything but just feel crunchy i was wondering would it help to just jar it but leave the lid off wouldnt the jar hold some of the moisture in

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes, if it feels that dry already then jar it. If its crunchy on the outside but the stems are still wet then what will happen is as soon as they sit in the jar overnight the moisture will even out. Moisture will move from the wet stems back into the dry parts. Once this happens make sure you remember to burp your jars every day to control the moisture. I would assume that in your area excessive moisture/mold is probably more of an issue than overly dry conditions. If you put your nugs in the jars a little early its ok so long as you are really on top of your game watching for mold/condensation.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yes, if it feels that dry already then jar it. If its crunchy on the outside but the stems are still wet then what will happen is as soon as they sit in the jar overnight the moisture will even out. Moisture will move from the wet stems back into the dry parts. Once this happens make sure you remember to burp your jars every day to control the moisture. I would assume that in your area excessive moisture/mold is probably more of an issue than overly dry conditions. If you put your nugs in the jars a little early its ok so long as you are really on top of your game watching for mold/condensation.
should i take them off the stems are before i put them in a jar

growsince79

growsince79

Paper bag works great. I never put anything in a jar until it snaps off the stem.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

should i take them off the stems are before i put them in a jar
Yes, snip the nugs off of the main stem and put them in jars. Don't overfill your jars or pack them in too tight that can cause issues also. Only fill your jars no more than lets say around 3/4 of the way full. There needs to be a bit of room to move in there that way when you burp the jars each day and remove the lid you can gently move them around and turn the nugs so that the stuff that was on the bottom can get a chance to be near the top. Notice I said gently. Whenever your handling the nugs remember that roughing them up will loose trichomes you want to be careful on your delicate sparkles. đź‘Ś

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

well i got a few lunch bags i got some quart jars and some bovedia 62 percent packs

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yes, snip the nugs off of the main stem and put them in jars. Don't overfill your jars or pack them in too tight that can cause issues also. Only fill your jars no more than lets say around 3/4 of the way full. There needs to be a bit of room to move in there that way when you burp the jars each day and remove the lid you can gently move them around and turn the nugs so that the stuff that was on the bottom can get a chance to be near the top. Notice I said gently. Whenever your handling the nugs remember that roughing them up will loose trichomes you want to be careful on your delicate sparkles. đź‘Ś
ok but i thought the idea was for the moisture in the stems to even out in the buds over night

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

So I put this lol bit in a jar after we talked and this is what my hygrometer says
20201116 210252

growsince79

growsince79

You trust your weed to a chinese made pos? My advice is dont put wet buds in jars.

Top Bottom