My very last weed grow

• Thread starter frebo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

My very last weed grow
My very last weed grow 2
I first put a seed in the ground in 1968. It was a great year. You could buy a plastic baggie with about 3/4 oz. of “Mexican Dirt Weed” for $10 from black market dealers if you could find one. They called it an ounce or dime bag. It was also called a “Lid”.
Once Oregon legalized medical marijuana I was able to grow larger plants in the open instead of under the oak trees. I had three other patients so I was legally able to grow 24 plants. Clones and seeds were easy to get. One year I had 20 plants and 4 were 6 lb. Purple Hindu Kush’s. For the last few years I have partnered with 2 of my patients to grow less (5-8) plants.
I turned 76 this year and my body is telling me I need to move off the farm and move to town. It’s been fun but with the weed glut in Oregon I will just buy from a dispensary. Prices for “flower” are as low as $2 a gram and $30 an ounce. I think it will go lower yet. Soon we’ll have 1968 prices.
My plants this year are Jeager(Purple Hindu Kush), Limon Cello, Slurty 3 and Air Heads(Runtz x White Runtz).
You guys have fun. Burn one for me.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Jesus, Frebo, you’re gonna have me bawling!😭 i’m 68 and this could be my last also. I hope not! Hate to see a fellow west coaster hang it up! But a body has got to recognize his limitations! You had a good run! Best of luck to you! Looks like you still have a little work ahead of you, though! LOL! I salute you!

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I first put a seed in the ground in 1968. It was a great year. You could buy a plastic baggie with about 3/4 oz. of “Mexican Dirt Weed” for $10 from black market dealers if you could find one. They called it an ounce or dime bag. It was also called a “Lid”.
Once Oregon legalized medical marijuana I was able to grow larger plants in the open instead of under the oak trees. I had three other patients so I was legally able to grow 24 plants. Clones and seeds were easy to get. One year I had 20 plants and 4 were 6 lb. Purple Hindu Kush’s. For the last few years I have partnered with 2 of my patients to grow less (5-8) plants.
I turned 76 this year and my body is telling me I need to move off the farm and move to town. It’s been fun but with the weed glut in Oregon I will just buy from a dispensary. Prices for “flower” are as low as $2 a gram and $30 an ounce. I think it will go lower yet. Soon we’ll have 1968 prices.
My plants this year are Jeager(Purple Hindu Kush), Limon Cello, Slurty 3 and Air Heads(Runtz x White Runtz).

I "moved to town" this year and found a 72 x 210 lot a block or 4 from fire, hospital, craft brewery, groceries, restaurants and so much more. The town is about 14,000 people. A 2 minute drive takes me to some of the mega stores. The FM signal for internet in the country was 3 MPS and has changed to 48 MPS in the city for half the price ( no more watching a circle while waiting for signal to catch up). The lawn trimming went from over an hour to 10 minutes on a riding tractor.

Moving to town has been great for me and I can still grow.

(p.s. I'm 68 but in pretty good shape)

Lucky13 Green Crack x Herijuana (Peanut Butter cut)
GreenDragon

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Gorgeous plants. Congratulations on what sounds like a great growing career. I'm not quite as old as you, but I remember lids. 😁 I think Oregon is on the leading edge of a wave that will be nation-wide when Federal legalization happens and Big Ag gets into cannabis. Then we'll see who really wants to grow... (I'm in MA, and we're down below $8 a gram, on average, and still dropping.)

E

Eclipted

View attachment 2022492View attachment 2022493I first put a seed in the ground in 1968. It was a great year. You could buy a plastic baggie with about 3/4 oz. of “Mexican Dirt Weed” for $10 from black market dealers if you could find one. They called it an ounce or dime bag. It was also called a “Lid”.
Love hearing stories like this. Burning one for you as I type💪🏻

F

fishmon

View attachment 2022492View attachment 2022493I first put a seed in the ground in 1968. It was a great year. You could buy a plastic baggie with about 3/4 oz. of “Mexican Dirt Weed” for $10 from black market dealers if you could find one. They called it an ounce or dime bag. It was also called a “Lid”.
I'm 63. I remember Mexican going for 15 an oz and Columbian was an outrageous 30. Both were usually loaded with seeds. Just became legal in my state several years ago and I've been growing indoors ever since. I recommend you consider getting an indoor setup. No need to stop now maybe just downsize to a more manageable size. Unless of course if it brings no joy for you anymore. I have a friend about 73-74 who just started to grow a couple years ago.

J

johnnybagseed

Interesting piece of lost history, thank you for sharing. I'm much younger but still from the prohibition days and feel it's sad to see the old culture washing away for Apple Store dispensary. Here on the east coast dispensary is $60-80 an 8th!!! Fortunately the grey market is much much better than that. MSOs suck!

Tinmanfromoz

Tinmanfromoz

I am in eastern Washington- I had no idea prices in oregon were so low...

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I love that show! Kind of corny! And I love Jim Belushi for doing it! And Aykroyd!

coolslayer

coolslayer

Just got my original login info back...."coolslayer13" will be on hiatus for some time....

the rrock

the rrock

My first trip to Oregon in 1976( bicentennial) couldn’t wait to pick mushrooms south of Eugene ( rogue river NF) in the cow patties. Ended up getting ripped off for an ounce of hash at a gas station in Medford- f’n lettuce hash.Anyhow been back almost every year since for boating, fishing, dirt bike adventures finding mushrooms in the most remote cow pastures on west coast.it’s a great state for psychodelics

coolslayer

coolslayer

My first trip to Oregon in 1976( bicentennial) couldn’t wait to pick mushrooms south of Eugene ( rogue river NF) in the cow patties. Ended up getting ripped off for an ounce of hash at a gas station in Medford- f’n lettuce hash.Anyhow been back almost every year since for boating, fishing, dirt bike adventures finding mushrooms in the most remote cow pastures on west coast.it’s a great state for psychodelics
Sounds like fun, you should grow big cannabuds too.....

#phlizon

Top Bottom