My winter grow starts now!

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Looking like 2 plants for this tent. Lsd and Chemdog.

TSD

TSD

I find it better for watering / feeding if I transplant up as needed. Solo - 1 gal - 3 gal - 5 gal. I've see plants stunt going straight into 5 gal from solo cups, Watering a plant in a small container is better than watering a small plant in a large container...specially for new growers, It's also worse for humidity problems. I keep saying water the pot and not the plant but watering a 5 gallon pot with only a small plant in it is hard to be accurate and easy to under water as the dry soil sucks away the water OR you over water and it won't dry out.... Gently transplanting into the next pot size up causes no shock and the plants thrive in their new home....
I agree, if you do it right, transplanting doesn't really bother them when they're young. I went straight into 1 gals with extra holes, the oldest ladies got bumped to 3 gals, then the ground for all... way back 7 months ago when I started this year... that was doable when they were babies, they went 10 days or more between waterings... I imagine a seedling in a 5 gal would go two weeks or more, could probably do it easier with a dehumidifier. People that know thier watering and have the willpower to not over water can do it I'm sure, people do autos like that right?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I agree, if you do it right, transplanting doesn't really bother them when they're young. I went straight into 1 gals with extra holes, the oldest ladies got bumped to 3 gals, then the ground for all... way back 7 months ago when I started this year... that was doable when they were babies, they went 10 days or more between waterings... I imagine a seedling in a 5 gal would go two weeks or more, could probably do it easier with a dehumidifier. People that know thier watering and have the willpower to not over water can do it I'm sure, people do autos like that right?
Yeah thats how i start all my autos. Usually in 7 gallon pots though as i normally grow autos outside. Ive done one photo grow inside where i plqnted right into 5 gallon pots. As long as you dont water to often everything goes fine. This run im going solo cup to 2 gallon or solo cup 2 5 gallon. It depends on if i ever remember to grab more 2 gallon nursery pots by the time they need to be transplanted.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Will be transplanting the 2 gallon pots within the next week. As long as i get to ordering my new bags. Always wait til i need the shit to order it. Gotta get better on that

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

My favorite band of all time, best concerts I’ve ever been too. Tool and Nightwish + mushrooms = my therapy. Just now catching up with this, great stuff man and following along ✌️
Hell yeah, another Tool fan!!! I would love to go to one of their concerts. Only problem is id have to try and drag my father in law out cause my wife hates Tool, and he has ptsd and wicked anxiety from the army so getting him out of the house is like getting blood from a rock so i cant imagine trying to drag him to a concert. But i completely understand his dilemma as i suffer from ptsd myself just not severe like his.

And thanks for tagging along.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hell yeah, another Tool fan!!! I would love to go to one of their concerts. Only problem is id have to try and drag my father in law out cause my wife hates Tool, and he has ptsd and wicked anxiety from the army so getting him out of the house is like getting blood from a rock so i cant imagine trying to drag him to a concert. But i completely understand his dilemma as i suffer from ptsd myself just not severe like his.

And thanks for tagging along.
Yeah man that has to be hard to get out, but we need to get that wife loving Tool. It took almost a year to get mine converted, but now she’s just as obsessed as me 😂

Top Bottom