Mycorr product recommendations?

• Thread starter ColJackOneill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steve Z

for real dude. some people are funny.

i was actually going to switch nute brands this coming year. once i run out of big bloom i was thinking about going AN. funny i was thinkin sensi line w some other stuff, basically what you're runnin, but we'll see when the time comes.

and honestly, great white is a great deal too. yeah its not just 4$ or some shit, maybe they do mark up some other shit. but who cares, i'd be penny pinchin, in the long run i'd save maybe 2-300 bucks. fuck it, i'll spend it to save brain time and energy lol. and to know that my shit is intended (well tested) for plants.

good looking out goodcat, i appreciate it man. i like your style :joint:

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i've used great white and roots excel with the best results i've ever had in root health and development. only issue is that costs over$100 a run by itself which is pretty expensive imo. i'm running roots organic orginisim right now and so far so good. it's half the price of great white. a fellow grower i know with lots of expierence and a very good rep swears by this stuff

i dont know which products to use but he knows the science behind all of this stuff and swears your just paying for a name with great white. I'd like to pick his brain more about this companies products and see which he uses and test them out because I'm no brand whore when it comes to grow supplies i just want the best ingredients the cheapest i can get it.

C

CT Guy

Steve Z if you are like I am price doesn't matter. I want the best possible for my girls. People will always bitch about prices regardless of results. I stick with AN because it works as well. Just about every farmer you see crushing it uses either AN or H&G nutes. Look at some nutrient test threads in here and see for yourself. Look at some of growmasters results with AN in his dirt beds, I think he gets close to 3# per light! I mean wtf?!

Funny story I just thought of thinking about this. I have a friend who I have been helping setup his new room. I was telling him how much co2 has benefited me in my current run. (I can really see a difference.) He has done a great job with his light layout, ventilation and plant spacing. Well it came time for him to buy his co2 gear and he got a tank a regulator. I told him to get a co2 monitor/controller to help maintain his levels. Well he is a cheap skate, got all his ballasts and lamps online from a non-brand china manufacturer, home depot fans etc. SO to make a long story short he decides to just use a timer to control his co2. Says he can't justify spending that much money on a controller. .....

Soooo I see this same guy in target a few days before christmas buying a gift for his wife. I told him I was going to get my better half a kuerig coffee pot (one of the ones that makes single cups). He said that he had one. I asked him how him and his wife liked it. He told me it was great except the price of refills. They run like 10 bucks for an 18-pack. The ironic thing was while he was telling me this he was sucking on a cup of Starbucks!

I guess the moral of my story is some people have priorities on what they spend their money on, and for me its my plants not a cup of coffee.

That's funny, cause I've had the opposite experience. The best grows I have ever seen came from an organic farmer in CA that uses no store bought products at all. Only works the soil well and applies fermented plant extracts, aerated compost tea, EM, and lacto-bacillus. His entire grow cycles costs him pennies, and a bit of labor.

That being said, it obviously requires a level of knowledge.

Here's a quick version of what I've learned over the years, though I'm sure people will disagree.

1. Spend your money on your soil. Get the best soil you can, full of diversity and good micro-life. Otherwise, you'll be wasting your money trying to guess and correct deficiencies.

2. Almost all the marketing from companies like AN is complete crap. Cannabis is a just a plant, and if you want to maximize yields, the real trick is to create a perfect environment for plant growth (excellent soil, ventilation, lighting and space).

It is true that you can grow using AN or Humboldt's nutrient line and they will hold your hand in regards to what to do. They make it easier, though exponentially more expensive. There's no must-have product from any of these companies as far as I'm concerned. You make source many of the same ingredients at your local feed store. Why support companies that are ripping off the consumer by just slapping a fancy label on something? They also do a disservice to the legalization movement by marketing products with girls in bikinis and lavish parties. This makes legitimate medical growers look bad and that growing MJ is just to get high and party.

As far as Great White goes, if you're happy with the results and don't mind the price, then stick with it. I've never tried it myself. I don't know why you would have to add it more than once a grow cycle though, as that goes against all scientific literature relating to mycorrhizal growth and infection/colonization. You should only have to add it once at the beginning of your plant's life cycle. Any company advocating a weekly dosage is just trying to rip you off!

C

CT Guy

Oh, and I'm pretty sure most of those product lines are not 100% organic.

B

Bubblemang

Thanks CT.
100% organic... isn't OMRI only 96%. lol

Just another fyi for farmers. ct = compost tea.

What about the mayan microzyme?

MAYAN MICROZYME Liquid concentrate. Non-pathogenic immobilized and stabilized bacterial-enzymatic complex. Active ingredients: Azotobacter vinelandii, Clostridium pasteurianum, in a broad-spectrum proprietary blend of microorganisms and stabilizing biopolymer substrate. Aerobic microorganisms ≥ 330,000 cfu/ml; Anaerobic microorganisms ≥ 330,000 cfu/ml.
GENERAL INFORMATION Mayan MicroZyme is a 100% natural and ecologically safe bacterial-enzymatic complex with biological nitrogen fixation (BNF) that will increase soil microbial populations, mineralize nutrients, produce and regulate nitrogen, build soil organic matter, and may improve fertility, plant growth and yields by increasing nutrient uptake and availability. Mayan MicroZyme is a probiotic for soil and nutrient reservoirs and is used as an inoculant. The microorganisms in the concentrate are stabilized and have a long shelf-life. When the concentrate is diluted in water and agitated, the microorganisms become active and multiply, making them ready for application to the soil or nutrient reservoir in high cfu/ml counts.

C

CT Guy

Thanks CT.
100% organic... isn't OMRI only 96%. lol

Just another fyi for farmers. ct = compost tea.

What about the mayan microzyme?

You'll get exponentially more of all those organisms, plus fungi and protozoa in a properly made aerated compost tea. These "bugs in a bottle" products are okay, but only if you're too lazy or in a situation where you can't brew your own. Much better to get a functioning consortium of nutrient cycling like you would with an aerated compost tea, than just a few species of microbes. In ACT you'll get hundreds or thousands of different microbes in quantities well beyond those bottled products!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Personally I wouldn't spend the money on it. All those organisms, with the exception of the mycorrhizae (glomus ____) could be had with greater concentrations and diversity in a properly made AACT.

Lactobacillus can be cultured quite easily.

It doesn't have the trichoderma though, which is good. If you weren't going to make an AACT, or didn't have access to EWC, this might be a poor man's alternative from a biological perspective.
It's been serving me as a sole source for any microbes for a few years now, and you've described my current situation (sans WC problems). It's a few dollars locally for a... 4lb box, IIRC, maybe as much as a dollar a pound when you go up in volume, and does seem to offer good activity. I've not found similar other products anywhere locally, just online and in areas further away from home. It is a timesaver for someone like me. I appreciate you taking the time to address the question.

C

CT Guy

It's been serving me as a sole source for any microbes for a few years now, and you've described my current situation (sans WC problems). It's a few dollars locally for a... 4lb box, IIRC, maybe as much as a dollar a pound when you go up in volume, and does seem to offer good activity. I've not found similar other products anywhere locally, just online and in areas further away from home. It is a timesaver for someone like me. I appreciate you taking the time to address the question.

Hey, if your plants' happy and you're happy, then it doesn't really matter, right? Glad to hear it's working for you! :)

Top Bottom