Mycorr product recommendations?

• Thread starter ColJackOneill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steve Z

i just bought great white, addin it to my garden. needed some bennies heard it was the best.

mr goodcat, whats your feeding schedule with it???

would molasses be enough carbs to feed the bennies sufficiently?? i plan on cutting out my grow big and going only with great white and humboldt roots.... then for flower i wanna do just big bloom maybe??? since its the only organic thing, would tiger bloom kill the bennies????

anyone please lol. already bought the great white though heard great great things

P

paulycali

I would go with Great White which is actually 2 products in one. GW= Pirhanna and tarantula in one bottle. Thats a great myccorizie/beneficial bacteria. Also use some Voodoo Juice which works amazing. I like roots organics version of myccorizee i think its called Oregon XL or something like that where it works when transplanting. Adding beneficials directly to the root system. Roots excellerator is also another great boost to build a huge root system. Benficials/myccorizee are huge building blocks to a succesful grow which in turn will produce some bountiful harvests. There lots of new products coming out. I personally would like to find a liquid version of the great white or a comparible product. Anyway good luck and have a happy growing of a day!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

mr goodcat, whats your feeding schedule with it???

I used it every other feeding as recommended at the rate of 1 scoop per 2 gallons of water. I do this during veg and transition then feed them sweet raw until day 30 or so then quit the carbs altogether. This works for me but I am sure others will have different variations.

Tiger bloom won't kill beni's, although they do recommend using organics with beni's but I use the AN sensi line in soil with great white and it works great for me! Only thing that will truly kill them is h202, but I doubt you will be using that if you are a dirt farmer.

B

Bubblemang

I would go with Great White which is actually 2 products in one. GW= Pirhanna and tarantula in one bottle. Thats a great myccorizie/beneficial bacteria. Also use some Voodoo Juice which works amazing. I like roots organics version of myccorizee i think its called Oregon XL or something like that where it works when transplanting. Adding beneficials directly to the root system. Roots excellerator is also another great boost to build a huge root system. Benficials/myccorizee are huge building blocks to a succesful grow which in turn will produce some bountiful harvests. There lots of new products coming out. I personally would like to find a liquid version of the great white or a comparible product. Anyway good luck and have a happy growing of a day!

liquid version of these products = AACT (compost tea).

on top of that, the microbes in your AACT are more diverse and specifically suited to your region. save money, make tea.

C

CT Guy

liquid version of these products = AACT (compost tea).

on top of that, the microbes in your AACT are more diverse and specifically suited to your region. save money, make tea.

Couple of comments on this thread:

1. Almost all the mycorrhizal fungi is coming from Grant's Pass, OR, a company called Mycorrhizal Applications. That's where Paul Stamets (fungi.com) source their myco products, along with AN. Most other companies do too. They just slap a fancy label on it, maybe add a few fillers, and mark the price up.

2. AACT does not provide mycorrhizal fungi. You'll get a lot of other beneficial bacteria/archea, fungi, protozoa, etc...but not myco. The reason for this is mycorrhizal fungi requires direct contact with a root to colonize/infect before it can grow. In a tea, it's going to stay as a dormant spore or become a food source for the other microbes in the tea (bacteria/archea).

3. There is some recent research that shows high levels of P or trichoderma can inhibit mycorrhizal colonization/infection. Therefore, it's my recommendation to avoid this in your myco mix. Many include, which I think is wrong. It's easy to cultivate additional trichoderma after your plant has formed a myco association.

4. Therefore, I'd recommend or to order:

Cheers,
CT

B

Bubblemang

Big Up the CT

1. Almost all the mycorrhizal fungi is coming from Grant's Pass, OR, a company called Mycorrhizal Applications. That's where Paul Stamets (fungi.com) source their myco products, along with AN. Most other companies do too. They just slap a fancy label on it, maybe add a few fillers, and mark the price up.

2. AACT does not provide mycorrhizal fungi. You'll get a lot of other beneficial bacteria/archea, fungi, protozoa, etc...but not myco. The reason for this is mycorrhizal fungi requires direct contact with a root to colonize/infect before it can grow. In a tea, it's going to stay as a dormant spore or become a food source for the other microbes in the tea (bacteria/archea).

3. There is some recent research that shows high levels of P or trichoderma can inhibit mycorrhizal colonization/infection. Therefore, it's my recommendation to avoid this in your myco mix. Many include, which I think is wrong. It's easy to cultivate additional trichoderma after your plant has formed a myco association.

Cheers,
CT

FYI thcfarmers, CT GUY is the fucking man, and is literally a pro. We should all thank him for even considering joining thcfarm as his knowledge of tea is greater than the combined tea knowledge of this entire community, and he holds a throne over at icmang. Great post.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Did not know this! So that would mean that outfits like Blue Mountain Organics, who are saying that they're 'brewing' their own inoculant cultures, are probably sourcing from this same outfit?

Second person I've seen mention the high P/Trichoderma issues this month, thanks for reiterating that point for me.

Cheers,
CT
I do really like the other BioAg products I have, will be giving this a try. Oh! What about the Dr. Earth I mentioned previously? Same deal with the mycos in their pre-mixed ferts (sourced from that OR outfit)?

C

CT Guy

You know, I can't say directly on those other 2 companies. I know for a fact about Paul Stamets (fungi.com) because I asked their company and they told me. I know about AN because our Mycorrhizal Applications rep told me about that one.

It is possible that some companies are making their own mycorrhizal spores, but I doubt it. And even if they are, they probably aren't as knowledgeable or good at it as Dr. Mike Amaranthus.

One thing that is lacking, is a company that sells active spores. That would be a good market!

C

CT Guy

Forgot to mention that I wouldn't consider any myco in a commercial soil mix as a sufficient application or replacement. Typically they put just enough in there that they can throw it on the label. I doubt there's enough concentrations to really have an impact and get good infection in a timely manner. Especially considering that you harvest your plant in a relatively short period of time.

C

CT Guy

Mmm.. ok. What about stuff like this?

Personally I wouldn't spend the money on it. All those organisms, with the exception of the mycorrhizae (glomus ____) could be had with greater concentrations and diversity in a properly made AACT.

Lactobacillus can be cultured quite easily.

It doesn't have the trichoderma though, which is good. If you weren't going to make an AACT, or didn't have access to EWC, this might be a poor man's alternative from a biological perspective.

M

mrbong73

Cheers,
CT

Don't waste your money on anything else. Bioag has the endo mycor dialed. Anything with ecto is n/a for cannabis. Ecto is used for reforestation,etc.

express_fix

express_fix

hi guys
i found a local bonsai store that sells some stuff, that i hope is the needed myco spores/bacti
spores and mycel from the following species:Glomus etunicatum, Glomus intraradices & Glomus claroideum

also what do you think of Sannies stuff - is it OK or is this expensive?

S

Steve Z

i've personally never tried sannies stuff but i have SEEN it do wonders, if you look on his site there are people that have tested them, and now swear by them

BUT

so other than price can anyone talk real shit on great white?? i mean damn i got a jar for 25 bucks plus shipping on ebay, and it came.

dude, this jar is going to last me AT LEAST a year. only half a tsp for a gallon every other week? shit dude how can you complain with the success and numbers with that price??? im stoked on it.

SCMK x DUD run, testin it out. lovin it so far, just as lil guys (well, fems. lol)

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

i've personally never tried sannies stuff but i have SEEN it do wonders, if you look on his site there are people that have tested them, and now swear by them

BUT

so other than price can anyone talk real shit on great white?? i mean damn i got a jar for 25 bucks plus shipping on ebay, and it came.

dude, this jar is going to last me AT LEAST a year. only half a tsp for a gallon every other week? shit dude how can you complain with the success and numbers with that price??? im stoked on it.

SCMK x DUD run, testin it out. lovin it so far, just as lil guys (well, fems. lol)

Steve Z if you are like I am price doesn't matter. I want the best possible for my girls. People will always bitch about prices regardless of results. I stick with AN because it works as well. Just about every farmer you see crushing it uses either AN or H&G nutes. Look at some nutrient test threads in here and see for yourself. Look at some of growmasters results with AN in his dirt beds, I think he gets close to 3# per light! I mean wtf?!

Funny story I just thought of thinking about this. I have a friend who I have been helping setup his new room. I was telling him how much co2 has benefited me in my current run. (I can really see a difference.) He has done a great job with his light layout, ventilation and plant spacing. Well it came time for him to buy his co2 gear and he got a tank a regulator. I told him to get a co2 monitor/controller to help maintain his levels. Well he is a cheap skate, got all his ballasts and lamps online from a non-brand china manufacturer, home depot fans etc. SO to make a long story short he decides to just use a timer to control his co2. Says he can't justify spending that much money on a controller. .....

Soooo I see this same guy in target a few days before christmas buying a gift for his wife. I told him I was going to get my better half a kuerig coffee pot (one of the ones that makes single cups). He said that he had one. I asked him how him and his wife liked it. He told me it was great except the price of refills. They run like 10 bucks for an 18-pack. The ironic thing was while he was telling me this he was sucking on a cup of Starbucks!

I guess the moral of my story is some people have priorities on what they spend their money on, and for me its my plants not a cup of coffee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom