Nanners showed up week 7 of flower! Help!

• Thread starter Happy2Fly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Happy2Fly

Big bud, day 52 of flower. Just noticed these all over one of my 4 plants! Do I chop now, or let them finish?
Nanners showed up week 7 of flower  help

H

Happy2Fly

This is my first grow and everything was looking so good up until I noticed them today! I just chopped one stem that had the majority of them, and plucked off whatever else I could find. I just noticed a single amber tricrome today as well! None of my other plants have any on them. I've read mixed advice in my research.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

If you leave them they will pollinate your other plants. If you let the seeds grow out that takes 4 to 6 weeks for them to mature but most likely your plant will keep making more nanners the entire time the seeds take to develop so youā€™ll be risking more potential pollen

IMG 8255
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Nobody cares about maturing the seeds. He's worried about the bud... Let it ride. Seeded bud is better than premature bud.

hillbil

hillbil

Nanners can happen to anyone. Many of the famous strains have hermie prone ancestors on one or both sides. Keep a close watch as buds mature, remove nanners if spotted. I spray mine with water before I remove them so as not to spread more pollen.

I smoked seeded weed for years up till 20 years ago or so. All the famous strains were seeded also. I often wonder if there are differences in the effects caused by being seeded.

So itā€™s not the end of the world, Do watch the rest for any heavily seeded areas. Get any with lots of nanners out of your grow.

H

Happy2Fly

Thanks for the advice everyone! I just picked off another half dozen nanners or so. Hopefully these planta are close enough to where the seeds won't develop. The site I ordered the seeds from says they take 9 weeks, and the top leaves are starting to turn purple, so I'm guessing they will be ready to chop in the next week or 2...

What should I expect from the branch that I chopped yesterday? Is it gonna be real low potency?

Here is a close up of one of those buds. It was the lowest flower on the branch.

20231220 102037
H

Happy2Fly

Looks like maybe 5% cloudy at this point. Anyone have a guess on when it will be ready for harvest?

Pilted

Pilted

Stop picking them off you got a gold mine on your hands. There are two types of hermies one that has male and female parts and then an all female hermie which grows the nanners out of the buds. The type you have is an all female hermie. All female hermies grow feminized seeds. I would start focusing on trying to make more seeds. You can never have enough feminized seeds.

I been hopeful I will get one of those one of these days. If/when I do I'm make it as seedy as possible (fingers crossed) you super.lucky in my opinion.

H

Happy2Fly

Stop picking them off you got a gold mine on your hands. There are two types of hermies one that has male and female parts and then an all female hermie which grows the nanners out of the buds. The type you have is an all female hermie. All female hermies grow feminized seeds. I would start focusing on trying to make more seeds. You can never have enough feminized seeds.

I been hopeful I will get one of those one of these days. If/when I do I'm make it as seedy as possible (fingers crossed) you super.lucky in my opinion.
I've read that using seeds from a hermie could just result in more hermies. Is that not right?

H

Happy2Fly

20231220 103635
20231220 104736

This is from the top of the stem. Much more cloudiness and I even see a little dab of amber near the center of the image.

Pilted

Pilted

I've read that using seeds from a hermie could just result in more hermies. Is that not right?
It can, but you need to isolate the reason it hermies in the first place and avoid that on future grows. Most likely something you did made it Hermie, need to figure out what that is. But you are right sometimes a hermies is a Hermie no matter what you do.

Pilted

Pilted

If you get some seeds off that let.me know if I can get some. šŸ˜Ž And let me know if you did anything to force it to happen. Most likely something to do with the light, light during night cycle, maybe changed the light in middle.of flower, usually it's light created.

Pilted

Pilted

If you get some seeds off that let.me know if I can get some. šŸ˜Ž And let me know if you did anything to force it to happen. Most likely something to do with the light, light during night cycle, maybe changed the light in middle.of flower, usually it's light created.
Light related *

H

Happy2Fly

The only thing I can think may have happened is that I went on a 4 day vacation and the pots were bone dry when I returned. The plants didn't look wilted or anything, but they were use to a constant supply of water. I usually give them 1-2 quarts a day depending on how they look, but soaked the hell out of them the day I left thinking that would hold them for a few days. That particular plant has been thirstier than the others in general.

H

Happy2Fly

If I get any seeds I'll definately send some your way. The hermied plant is big bud. I also have Amnesia Haze, Chocolope, and Blueberry growing beside it. I'm hoping those don't get seeds but maybe its not too terrible if they do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom