Ndn's '79 Xmas Bud

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Sounds awesome Shamus, I can't wait to see how those beans turn out for ya. Gotta be some crazy phenos coming

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Ok so was just picking the seeds out of the XMAS bud from the roach bud male, and my fingers literally smell like burnt DMT.. idk if all of you are familiar with that smell but those who are should definitely know what I'm talking about.
It's crazy pungent.. I have a sour stomach now from dealing with all that.
Shit is in tents

Ready for show and tell @Shamus

Power OG

Power OG

So @Shamus this is not the piney Xmas tree bud from the late 80's and 90's? Extreme pine terps, smell & taste were 10+ but just like a Xmas tree pure mouthwatering pine, high was ok
Positive Vibes
Respect

Shamus

Shamus

Sounds awesome Shamus, I can't wait to see how those beans turn out for ya. Gotta be some crazy phenos coming
Thanks man, I have about 100 of them.. If ya want a few get at me :)

Ready for show and tell @Shamus
Tune in in about an hour.. Gotsta go to the coffee shop as im still to broke to pay the crooks at Comcast

So @Shamus this is not the piney Xmas tree bud from the late 80's and 90's? Extreme pine terps, smell & taste were 10+ but just like a Xmas tree pure mouthwatering pine, high was ok
Positive Vibes
Respect
Idk man, there's def pine in there somewhere, and this is only one plant.. I have at least 7-10 more girls about to go into flower so we'll see if others are more pine dom pretty soon here.. It may take work to isolate the pine goodness. However I welcome the raunch, as it will fit into my RKS plans nicely

Power OG

Power OG

Thanks man, I have about 100 of them.. If ya want a few get at me :)

Tune in in about an hour.. Gotsta go to the coffee shop as im still to broke to pay the crooks at Comcast

Idk man, there's def pine in there somewhere, and this is only one plant.. I have at least 7-10 more girls about to go into flower so we'll see if others are more pine dom pretty soon here.. It may take work to isolate the pine goodness. However I welcome the raunch, as it will fit into my RKS plans nicely
Absolutely pine and funk would be extremely awesome bro. Keep up the great work, @Shamus

Shamus

Shamus

heres some randoms @rubthe nub .. i forgot the card so ill upload the rest tomorrow.. these are a bit older
CSC 0435

The leaves are very unique in structure.. never seen any like it
CSC 0434

CSC 0432

Calixylon

Calixylon

Very cool leaves, I feel like the unique leaf traits often produce plants that have other unique traits like diff structure, diff terpenes, increased frost. Unfortunately a lot of these unique plants don't ever yield a lot, but not always the case. Keep up the good work, and if you got a pine sol, fir needle stinker on the first ahot, I'd think you were either the luckiest sob ever, or full of shit, good luck in the hunting.

Calixylon

Calixylon

How dense are those calyxs? They look super hard, also looks like there's only one pistil coming out of each calyx. Just wondering if it's a dense flower or if those calyxs are just filled with air.

Shamus

Shamus

Very cool leaves, I feel like the unique leaf traits often produce plants that have other unique traits like diff structure, diff terpenes, increased frost. Unfortunately a lot of these unique plants don't ever yield a lot, but not always the case. Keep up the good work, and if you got a pine sol, fir needle stinker on the first ahot, I'd think you were either the luckiest sob ever, or full of shit, good luck in the hunting.
I'll get some better pics of the leaves up that pic does these oddities no justice
How dense are those calyxs? They look super hard, also looks like there's only one pistil coming out of each calyx. Just wondering if it's a dense flower or if those calyxs are just filled with air.
That's actually a seeded bud, however the buds are VERY dense without seeds in them. Rock hard in fact

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Can't speak for this run , but my good friend is working with the rest of the originals at the moment. Should be getting close to flower time. Were gonna try to figure out a way to get these out to people on a larger scale. Doc did a wonderful job continuing the line so we all had seeds to play with. It's a shame we don't have a open venue that allows free gifts to community members so we could easily spread them around but I'm working on something to maybe help fix that.

These old strains need to be preserved and shared with people so there not lost or extorted by the greedy. I'm very grateful to n8tive for sharing these with me so I could share them with you all. I have something planned with these that I know people are gonna love but I don't wanna jump the gun and tell just yet.

SHAMUS YOU SONUVABITCH!

View attachment 505587

When will us folk be able to snag some beans?! I need dat pine in my life

Loran

Loran

Lookin' good Shamus! I have some of the Xmas tree and the '88G13/Hp going as well as some Panama Black/Cherry Cake and Humbolt Black Indica started. All fm Ndn He isn't well and I and a few others have been gifted the most of his seed collection to preserve as he is too ill to garden. My brother is one of a kind and has been a stellar asset to this community. His dedication,knowledge and generosity are the stuff of legend. Enjoy his gifts. LPR, Loran

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Lookin' good Shamus! I have some of the Xmas tree and the '88G13/Hp going as well as some Panama Black/Cherry Cake and Humbolt Black Indica started. All fm Ndn He isn't well and I and a few others have been gifted the most of his seed collection to preserve as he is too ill to garden. My brother is one of a kind and has been a stellar asset to this community. His dedication,knowledge and generosity are the stuff of legend. Enjoy his gifts. LPR, Loran
I was wondering what happen to the guy. Poor fellow. Good to know his beans are in good hands.

Shamus

Shamus

he sent me about 15 different strains of beans, i had about 40-60 88g13/HP but gave quite a few away on accident not knowing what they were.. i should still have about 20 or so and be able to get a few of them back.. i plan on popping them all next large pheno hunt i do..
im also running some herat affies from him as well as another un named affie..

we spoke a lot and he will always hold a place in this farmers heart, i hope to hear from him soon and that he is doing better.

SourDank

SourDank

That's sad to hear he's not doin well, didn't know him but he's a legend on the forums. I hope you guys find fire to continue those lines for sure

Shamus

Shamus

79' Christmas Bud Smoke report

INFO

Tester Name : shamus
Strain : 79' Christmas Bud
Method Smoked : zig zag cheap white paper i use for rolling tobacco. lol. smoked about a 1/4 of a pretty small joint.

APPEARANCE

see above

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Pine, moth balls
Associated smells of bud : gasoline, DMT

TASTE

Dominant flavour : slight pine, trashy, moth balls
Associated flavours : BBQ grill, burnt things

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) 5
- cough factor? : yes/no

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body) 75% head 25% body beginning, 30% head 70% body levels out
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 20 minutes in its about a 8 tapers off to a 6.5.
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 3.5-4 hours
Use : Daytime/Bedtime late evening
Munchies? :
yes/no (which normally i can't eat when i smoke.. i get anti munchies)
-----------------------------------------------------

I had condensed the flavours from those images into a flavour and taste list below, but I think it might overcomplicate matters....or rather, Marco's is very thorough and already covers that, so why reinvent the wheel? This is meant to be a quicker version and I figured what better way to describe a taste or flavour than a one liner (e.g. citrus with skunky undertones). Here it is anyway. If you want it in I can put it in, but I think shorter is sweeter atm.

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine (x)
metallic ()
ammonia () - stale urine (x) - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity () - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus () - orange () - lemon () - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral () - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody () - incense (x) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine (x)
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco (x) - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty (x) - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky ()
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

Shamus

Shamus

i have about 15 girls and about 10 males to look thru..
will update as my life becomes more calm and unchaotic

Top Bottom